Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lellow and the Torso Lift

Thank you Mimi! :blink:

hi lellow

you really are giving me alot of encouragement on the "pain factor".

i am doing it out patient. i was surprised as well that they do it this way. he anticipates the operation to be 7 hrs

my sister in law is an RN so she will stay with me 3 days and then my cousin is coming down from NY to babysit me.

i never thought about what happens to tatoos....that's funny about where your doctor thought the butterflies might end up.

i cant wait to see your pics.

i'm feeling very fat lately...dont know why....yes i do...i've been eating junk. my band all of a sudden got tighter without any additional fill. i think it is because i increased my exercise

i'm very happy you are happy with your results.

keep us posted

josie

Hi josiebies,

good luck with your upcoming surgery! It's good that you will have someone experienced to look after you after you come home. I don't think my hubby would have managed with me, to be honest, if I didn't stay the first week in hospital.

As for the junk food, back away from it all slowly! I know about being tight - I get very tight at the TOM. But reaching for junk food will do nothing but make you feel awful. And you want to be as fit as possible before surgery. So it's good that you're countering the junk food with extra exercise!

And as for the pain - honestly it was what I worried about the most, and I think the worst thing has been the backache from being hunched over. But I'm more upright now, so really it's only one week of bad back pain, and manageable incision pain. You'll be fine!

And your flat stomache and new breasts will be worth it!

Edited by lellow

completely agree with you lellow!!! the back pain was the most uncomfortable...and the drains second that...

Hey kids, I'm up and about finally.

I've thanked the 1000's of squats I've done in the last year this week. I've used my legs so much to get around, to sit up, etc.

(I'm still fuzzy on the vicodin so if I'm stupid please excuse me.)

Josie you'll do really well. promise.

Juli you're doing well, matey! Hang in there!

I'm completely off any pain meds, including paracetemol. Am doing pretty well in general.

Still have a drain in - because of the Easter long weekend, I don't see my PS again until Wed. But yesterday I hid it in a messenger bag, and went to the shops with my DH and my 3yo. I couldn't walk far but that was okay, it was nice to be out in the sunshine and in public!

I'm still slightly hunched though, which I was a bit self-concious about. Can I ask any of you ladies who've been through this: how long was it before you were completely upright again?

I've finally taken photos, and will hopefully upload them today or tomorrow!

Hi all,

I've finally added those before/after photos to my album. But I've restricted viewing to my friends only, so Mimi, Shalee, Kareyquilts, Juli, Jeni and anyone else who's posted in my thread up til now, I'll add you as friends.

I'll also add any August All-Star peeps, but not anyone else I'm afraid. I'm sure you'll understand!

I'll be taking the photos down in a week or so.

Edited by lellow

Hi all,

I've finally added those before/after photos to my album. But I've restricted viewing to my friends only, so Mimi, Shalee, Kareyquilts, Juli, Jeni and anyone else who's posted in my thread up til now, I'll add you as friends.

I'll also add any August All-Star peeps, but not anyone else I'm afraid. I'm sure you'll understand!

I'll be taking the photos down in a week or so.

AWESOME!!! HUGE DIFFERENCE.. YOU LOOK FABULOUS!!!:cool2:

Lellow and Juli, you guys are so brave. I hope that I will be half as brave when my turn comes.

WOHOOO Lellow, you look great!!!

With my Anchor Cut I was hunched over a good few weeks. That was the worst for me pain wise.

Hey kids, I'm up and about finally.

I've thanked the 1000's of squats I've done in the last year this week. I've used my legs so much to get around, to sit up, etc.

(I'm still fuzzy on the vicodin so if I'm stupid please excuse me.)

Josie you'll do really well. promise.

I remember LTM saying to do squats, so I made sure to do a ton in the months leading up to my surgery, I too believe it helped alot getting up and down.

Edited by Shalee04

Lellow, you look AMAZING!!! I am having the same procedure done in a couple of weeks and I got so excited when I saw your pictures. I hope I look as good as you. Thanks so much for sharing. I have enjoyed reading your thread.

Cathy

OMG, Lellow, you look incredible!!! You looked darn good right before but awesome after, and I noticed you are standing pretty straight!!! I will remember the squats trick!!!! I can't wait to see the healed pix in a few months!!!

Mimi

Lellow,

You look so great! Thanks for sharing your pictures!

When does the last drain come out?

When do you go back to work?