Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lellow and the Torso Lift

Thanks for the tip, Jeni. I still haven't gotten round to getting a toilet riser, but will definitely put a wedge pillow on my list.

As for the silicone spray - I've read that silicone assists the healing of scarring so that it doesn't form keloids (raised scars). I'm also olive-skinned, and silicone apparently can help with reducing discolouration too.

Some of my lapband scars are raised and darkened, so if a silicone spray will reduce that sort of thing, I'm willing to give it a try!

what is the name of that spray!!!!, actually all my scars have a discoloration to them, and one of them was slightly raised until this ps, it seems pulling the skin down helped flatten it out... but ya i definately would like too try it..

if your into the whole homepathic remedies, there are 2 you can use

1.) Arnica Montana- helps prevent bruising

2.) Staphysagria- promotes healing of surgical wounds

im using both, the company that makes them is Boiron, hope that helps. in the usa they sell them at whole foods, im not sure if you have one of those in australia...

Help maybe if i ever make it dow there you can show me around!!.. Its my dream vacation to go down to australia for like a month!!:crying:

Come on down, hun! I'd be happy to show you around! Australia is beautiful, and Perth (where I am) is particularly laid back. You'd love it! I do!

The silicone spray is called Kelo-cote, and it's made in the US. I looked long and hard to find a supplier in Australia. You start using it once your scars are closed over, so you can still get it now because you won't be using it yet for a couple of weeks yet. Check out makemeheal.com - I'm pretty sure they sell it online.

I've also read about Arnica Montana and Staphysagria, but am not sure how available they are over here. Might have a look for them at my local health shop this Wed. Thanks for all the tips you've given us, Jeni! I apprciate how generous you've been with your advice. :crying:

Come on down, hun! I'd be happy to show you around! Australia is beautiful, and Perth (where I am) is particularly laid back. You'd love it! I do!

The silicone spray is called Kelo-cote, and it's made in the US. I looked long and hard to find a supplier in Australia. You start using it once your scars are closed over, so you can still get it now because you won't be using it yet for a couple of weeks yet. Check out makemeheal.com - I'm pretty sure they sell it online.

I've also read about Arnica Montana and Staphysagria, but am not sure how available they are over here. Might have a look for them at my local health shop this Wed. Thanks for all the tips you've given us, Jeni! I apprciate how generous you've been with your advice. :crying:

im pretty sure you can you get those online...

np if you need anything else let me know

Thanks Jeni. My local health food place reckons they have it, so I'll be going round tomorrow.

Well, today I get unfilled in preparation for the surgery next week. :rolleyes2:

I feel like I'm losing my security blanket.

I will not gain, I will not gain, I will not gain......

Thanks Jeni. My local health food place reckons they have it, so I'll be going round tomorrow.

Well, today I get unfilled in preparation for the surgery next week. :tt1:

I feel like I'm losing my security blanket.

I will not gain, I will not gain, I will not gain......

lol... thats the way i felt...

i cant wait to get refilled i go in april 2nd for my adjustment .... the same day of your surgery... ill be thinking of you!!!! Good Luck!!!

And Karey yes it is a homeopathic remedy..

Yikes,

I'm not getting unfilled.

I'm just planning on doing liquids for the first couple of days back home. Oh, I should probably tell the hospital that too...note to self.

So many notes to self. Sheesh.

I went to autology again yesterday and my blood count has dropped to 110. It's at the very bottom of where it should be for them to be comfortable for me to go into surgery. Not great news for me personally but at least surgery is still going ahead. It just means that I couldn't donate any more of my own blood and will have to use blood from the red cross on the day.

Saw the anaesthetist as well and he's given me a tablet for reflux to take on the morning of the op, and has ordered for me to have a sedative 1 hour before I'm wheeled into theatre. I think I'm going to need it!

He's also confirmed that I will have a pain pump in hospital until I'm ready to come off it.

Juli, I hate being unfilled. I can eat so much more now and it's hard to stop myself from eating too much because I'm constantly hungry. Plus the pathologist kept telling me yesterday that with one week to a major operation, it's 'no time to diet', so I'm torn between eating normally or going on a liquid diet to try not to gain.

Luckily my lapband dr is visiting me on the ward 4 days post op to put some fill in!

I went to autology again yesterday and my blood count has dropped to 110. It's at the very bottom of where it should be for them to be comfortable for me to go into surgery. Not great news for me personally but at least surgery is still going ahead. It just means that I couldn't donate any more of my own blood and will have to use blood from the red cross on the day.

Saw the anaesthetist as well and he's given me a tablet for reflux to take on the morning of the op, and has ordered for me to have a sedative 1 hour before I'm wheeled into theatre. I think I'm going to need it!

He's also confirmed that I will have a pain pump in hospital until I'm ready to come off it.

Juli, I hate being unfilled. I can eat so much more now and it's hard to stop myself from eating too much because I'm constantly hungry. Plus the pathologist kept telling me yesterday that with one week to a major operation, it's 'no time to diet', so I'm torn between eating normally or going on a liquid diet to try not to gain.

Luckily my lapband dr is visiting me on the ward 4 days post op to put some fill in!

Its not being easy unfill.. at least you are able to get a fill 4 days post op.. i on the otherhand had to wait 3wks!!!:P

But thats ok... its all good...

So how are you holding up these last couple days before surgery????:biggrin:

I'm very very nervous Jeni! I keep thinking only two more sleeps then get the worst butterflies in my stomache!

Also had a heart attack about half an hour ago when the anaesthetist's receptionist called to say that I hadn't pre-paid for his fees, and if I don't get the money to them by tomorrow morning, the surgery on Thursday would be cancelled. NO ONE told me I had to prepay his fees, otherwise of course I would have ages ago!

It takes about 24 hours for money to transfer from my investment account to savings account and there was no way I'd make that deadline so I was close to tears!

I called my PS's nurse in a panic, and she told me not to worry, that she'd sort it out. She must have because I then got a call from the anaesthetist's rooms saying, it's cool, you can pay as late as Thursday morning if you want to. Phew!!

Not really happy about driving 45 mins to pay his bill on the day of surgery, but it's better than having the whole thing cancelled!

Also had a huge 'farewell and good luck for surgery' lunch at work today and I ate the equivelant of 2 days worth of banded-life food in one meal, so feel HUGE. I can't wait to come out the other side now.

How are you going, Jeni? Feeling better? How are the scars healing?

I'm very very nervous Jeni! I keep thinking only two more sleeps then get the worst butterflies in my stomache!

Also had a heart attack about half an hour ago when the anaesthetist's receptionist called to say that I hadn't pre-paid for his fees, and if I don't get the money to them by tomorrow morning, the surgery on Thursday would be cancelled. NO ONE told me I had to prepay his fees, otherwise of course I would have ages ago!

It takes about 24 hours for money to transfer from my investment account to savings account and there was no way I'd make that deadline so I was close to tears!

I called my PS's nurse in a panic, and she told me not to worry, that she'd sort it out. She must have because I then got a call from the anaesthetist's rooms saying, it's cool, you can pay as late as Thursday morning if you want to. Phew!!

Not really happy about driving 45 mins to pay his bill on the day of surgery, but it's better than having the whole thing cancelled!

Also had a huge 'farewell and good luck for surgery' lunch at work today and I ate the equivelant of 2 days worth of banded-life food in one meal, so feel HUGE. I can't wait to come out the other side now.

How are you going, Jeni? Feeling better? How are the scars healing?

Scars are healing beautifully!!!! I cant believe im only two weeks post op... my scars look like im 4wks out... light pink and all closed up!! a scab or two here and there but tiny things aroung the few sutures i get taken out on thurseday!!

Im feeling almost back to my old self .. except looking a lot better -20lbs is quite a diff. and im already preparing myself for the next surgery!!!

You will be fine i promise.. Us bandsters are tough cookies!!!

My mom keep saying saying she cant believe how tough and strong i am to endure a big surgery... Like i told her if you want something bad enough the pain doesnt seem bad...

I actually feell like i can eat huge meals as weel and am constantly hungry!!! I hate that feeling but 2 more days.. and i get a fill!!! Thank God.!!!

I also cant wait till i can go back to the gym... im not completely 100% but i should be by next week... hopefully ill be able to at least do some light cardio/aerobics stuff.. ill go crazy if i cant... i know i have to wait at least 4-6 wks more for strength training stuff..

Enough of my rambling....:P

You're laying groundwork for us, Jeni, so please do ramble all you want!

I'm hoping that I'm back exercising as soon as you are! I'l a cycler, so am hoping to be back at least on my stationary spin bike within a couple of weeks. I just had 2 weeks off exercise because of a strained muscle, and it was a loooong two weeks. I can't imagine not exercising for longer than that!

You're a super woman! I hope to heal as well as you when I'm done!

Lellow and Jeni

I am so greatful you two are going before me on this and easing my anxiety.

I hear you about the bill being paid! YIKES! That's a stressor you don't need this week, but I'm happy you have it sorted out.

Lellow, I'll be thinking about you Wednesday as I go to sleep, sending you positive healing thoughts.

My to do list this week is as long as my arm. I'm hoping by keeping exceptionally busy I'll not think too much about the surgery.

You'll be fine with your eating. Think of it as a reassurance that the band is a really good choice for you, if you ever had any doubts. It's a tool that really helps control the food demons.

XO

Lellow, Good luck on your surgery tomorrow!!

I will be thinking of you and sending healing vibes your way.