Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have ALL the Dec 2007 bandsters disappeared????

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since i've lurked around here, but thought I'd drop in today. My progress has been slow,and I've plateaued the last 3 months...but I've been a bad girl..LOL

I've lost a total of 85lbs. so I'm super happy about that though I wish I could lose more.. I've checked into this site to see everyones progress, and its amazing. :biggrin:

You all are a great source of inspiration, just wanted you to know that..:wink2:

I am still here. lol I just dont post often anymore, too many negative comments lol

But I am FINALLY under 300 and so incredibly happy about it too...I am a slow loser. And I am ok with that. My body hits plateaus and sits there for a long time. And I have severe swelling issues with my period so when I am at a good fill for the other weeks the week during my period I get stuck on Water lol My dr is a bit concerned about this but we are working thru it together. He said he has never seen somone fluxuate as much as me because of her monthly cycle. But I am losing for now so hopefuly we can stick with this plan I have lol

But I am here and still loving my band even with all its quirks lol

I am still here. lol I just dont post often anymore, too many negative comments lol

But I am FINALLY under 300 and so incredibly happy about it too...I am a slow loser. And I am ok with that. My body hits plateaus and sits there for a long time. And I have severe swelling issues with my period so when I am at a good fill for the other weeks the week during my period I get stuck on Water lol My dr is a bit concerned about this but we are working thru it together. He said he has never seen somone fluxuate as much as me because of her monthly cycle. But I am losing for now so hopefuly we can stick with this plan I have lol

But I am here and still loving my band even with all its quirks lol

Way to go, Cerrin! I, too, fluctuate horribly based on where I am in my menstrual cycle. I actually take a diuretic when I'm desperate. I just can't deal with being so tight.....and end up with reflux at night. I'm usually good for 2.5 to 3 weeks a month, but that one other week is miserable. I also stay away from sodium laden foods....

Keep up the great work! Slowly, but surely, you'll get there....

I am glad to know it is not just my weird body lol

But I am afraid I will never have a true sweet spot because of the wild fluxuations lol I just know I have to be VERY careful because If I PB It makes it even tighter during that time. So I have to be extra careful about what I can and cant eat. and how fast I try to eat during that time.

Hi fellow Dec 07 bandsters,

I have not been lurking around much but decided to drop in and check in. I am at the 95lb. mark now and approaching onederland for the first time in I don't remember how long. I certainly have not been there in 20+ years.

It is good to see everyone progressing along and I am glad to know I am not the only slow looser. Not really glad others have the slow battle to fight, just that I am not abnormal. I too loose and then hit a plateau. I seem to be at one now and wonder if I will ever loose again.

Happy loosing

LOL No I am a slow loser lol

My body is just doing so really weird things...like today not on my period or anything but I am really tight. Havent had a fill but I am at super tight mode right now. only thing I can atribute it to is the full moon lol Who knows I am just recording it and going to let the doctor sort it all out.

its been awhile for me, congratulations to all you and your fantastic numbers.

I'm still struggling with my weight loss, the first year was great and after my unfill back in dec/jan, its been a struggle, but I am still full of hope, that the weight will start dropping off again.

I 'm having fun right now with "zumba" classes and am seeing the inches coming off.

I wish everyone continued success

Sandy

I'm still at the same weight as I've been for over 6 months, but noticed a strange thing...I tend to get rid of a few extra pounds when I DON'T workout. Counterintuitive, I know, but true....I'm working to find the correlation and figure out what is wrong with my workout and eating when I'm working out. I'm not a believer that muscle weighs more than fat. I have to be careful that I'm not eating more OR maybe that I'm getting the right nutrients when I'm working out......

Frustrated, but still happy I've embarked on this journey. I'd still love to drop another 25, but not so sure it's realistic at this point. :(

Hi Ladies,

my zumba classes are going well. latin music and dance. I'm happy to say that I have lost about 4 pounds.

at my doctors advice I am keeping a food journal. he wants to me eat 60 grams of protien a day. it has been difficult, the only protiens I'm familar with are eggs, cheese, yogurt, slice deli meats, nuts and of course protien bars or drinks and after a week of eating the same thing, becomes routine and boring.

My next stop was the nutricionist and he gave me some really good information, comparing soft foods (soups, mashed potatos) and hard foods (chicken, tuna, fruits and veggies) he reminded me of Portion Control and chewing my foods well. I love boiled eggs, but they tend to get stuck, solution mix with a little mayo. He wants me to introduce more fruits and vegtables and recommended dicing up my foods. its worth a try.