Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ideas: What do you do for yourself at each goal?

I went to a support group the other night and we discussed setting up goals and non-food ways to reward yourself for reaching said goal. I have started working on a list of goals for myself, may be a nice little project for other people that are banded or soon to be banded.:D

Starting weight 377

Goal 1: 350 - Pedicure

Goal 2: 300 - Facial ( I have a gift certificate I am holding on to for this! :) )

Goal 3: 250 - Full body massage (another gift cert from a patient :banana )

Goal 4: 200 - All new sets of scrubs for work in normal girl sizes

Goal 5: 175 - 2 new outfits that are NOT from Layne Bryant :laugh

Goal 6: 160 - This is my goal weight, I am 5'9" and have a big build so I can't see myself going any lower. When I reach this, I am going to take a trip to here: http://galilea.nikmills.com/ :cheeky :Bunny I am also going to get back into hiking and joggin, which I used to enjoy.

It seems like it will go so fast when I write it down, but I know that it will be hard work. Hence why I know I will have time to save for the trip. I figure all that money I have spent on junk food, restaurants, and Snacks can go in a savings account for vacation.

I know there will be smaller accomplishments as I lose, the days where I will have those little NSVs, but these are for the big goals of 50lbs.

My current goal is to get up on Water skis, I tried 2 months ago with no success. Since I just had my uterus removed a few weeks ago my doc says no excersize for 3 more weeks.

If I ever get to goal of 157, currently 177. I want some PS on my chin (I don't have one), my eyes and a TT.

While getting there I'm looking into deep sea diving, Billy is certified and has been to the Caymen Islands. He says diving in the Caribbean is breathtakeing.

So my next big trip will be to Belize....

Not sure it is organized, but I am sure hoping it is motivating. I have a picture of Mallorca posted on my computer, so everyday I get to peek at where I could be looking good in a bathing suit. I am hoping with guy I am totally crazy about (right now he is just my friend).

I am crazy about music, so my rewards are CDs. One CD for every pound, but I wait until I hit a 5# mark before I buy more CDs. I can substitue DVDs if I want.

Since I regularly treat myself to all the F-A-B spa sorts of things, those are not part of my rewards. (oh yeah, I make full use of the cosmetology school at my University) :) I think when I get to goal I want to go to Calistoga, CA for a full mudbath treatment & hot air balloon thing.

Mallorcia is beautiful. I went there on holliday when I was an au-pair for an English family. I probably would have enjoyed it more if I didn't have the mumps... :D

Crystal

Let me know when you go to Calistoga, I can meet you there. Nancy's and The Calistoga Spa have the best mud.

You also have to have my favorite masseuse, Harnee, give you a full body massage while your there.

Go for the works!

I think I went to the Calistoga Spa about 800 years ago. I did have the works then.

Oh.

My.

Gawd.

That was the most amazing experience, even after 800 years. You know I will call you!

I will be banded soon(not soon enough) and am trying to figure treats that are not "going to a nice restaurant" I think I would like to do something every 10 lbs but not sure what. CD/dvd is cool and I already do massage etc regularly. Any other ideas? Shoes and clothes are automatic needs so they dont count. My dad has always sd if i get skinny he would buy me a new wardrobe and I have warned him the time might be coming. I have been MO since about 10-12 yo. I have fought it for years(not hard) mostly I hate excersise so i thought treats that include movement might be cool but cant think of what...HELP!!!!

I have plenty of goals in mind, but no prizes. When I got to onederland, I was going to get a car stereo, but I've since decided that I'm going to replace my car in a couple of years with one that has all the bells and whistles. Maybe I can get the computer tablet I wanted instead :). I'll have to give this one some more thought. Of course, when I get to goal, or at least extremely close to goal, plastic surgery will have to be an option :D

Thanks for starting this thread...I've been giving this some thought, but haven't really made up my mind, so all the good ideas are helping me out! I enjoy some time alone to do my little hobbies, so maybe I'll ask hubby to take the DD out somewhere and give me some "me" time at home...yeah, that would be great...Spa treatments are fantastic, too, and I still have my mother's day gift certificates to a nice one. Let's hear some more ideas! Cindy

Great post. I'm not banded yet, but a few mini goal treats would definately involve Water parks, bathing suits and roller coasters. Maybe not in that order. One biggie treat would have to be an island resort somewhere in the Carribean. The reward for reaching goal, well I'll just have to think on that one.

Pattycool.gif

Maybe I can get the computer tablet I wanted instead :). I'll have to give this one some more thought...

A computer tablet?

Do you mean like a WACOM TABLET? Because seriously I have TWO (one Win & one Mac)--with pens-- sitting in my garage that I would be happy to send to you! I was a graphic designer for 12 years and started a different career 3 years ago. The past 6 months I've been getting rid of my old computer equip because I didn't really have much use for it and it was just sitting there getting antiquated. The people I gave the PC & Macs to weren't designers so they wouldn't have the slightest idea what to do with them. I just kinda held onto them hoping I'd run into someone who would appreciate a Wacom.

If that's you, let me know and PM me your address. (I don't think I have the drivers anymore, but I'm sure you could download them somewhere online.)

Let me know.

Sorry! Didn't mean to digress there.

Goalprizes... I met a gorgeous young masseur (not that young & gorgeous it matters! :) last week. I took his card told him when I'd lost 40# I would give him a call & treat myself to him.... uh, I mean, one of his massages.

Where in CA is Calistoga? I'd love to meet you guys there too.

My first goal is to be able to fit into my scuba gear and as soon as I do I am off on an awesome scuba diving trip. I have been certified for 18 years but haven't been diving in 3 1/2 years because I am to big to fit into my gear. I can't wait, I love diving so much that I think getting back to going will be all the reward I need or want.

I believe Mari means a tablet PC and not the wacom digitizer

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/tabletpc/default.mspx

I loved my tablet before DH broke her. I still haven't gotten her replaced, but them's the breaks of being a full time student. I can't aford new toys all the time... Luckily, as part of my scholarship I get a new notebook, and my program is using Tablets.

Today, I did something really nice just for myself. I bought myself a new set of expensive drawing pencils and watercolor pencils. I can hardly wait to try them out.