Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hi all, just on real quick before I leave for a school mtg... Maria glad to see you are doing well...website for card is..

Lapband.com - My LAP-BAND® Journey Personal Support Guide

number is 1-800-LAPBAND

Fill is working REAL well...adjusting to the adjustment! Chat soon!

Riley I got the clothes and Michaela loves them!! Thank you!!

Busy, busy day. Gotta run I will try to get back on later........

Okay guys!!! I am so out of control....I need a real miracle. My eating is out of control. I have had See's Candy...Homemade chocolate chip Cookies and a whole garlic crab tonight!!!! I need to detox...I still think I am unbanded...........Help!!!!

Hi all,

Home from the Richmond group, it was really good tonight!! It was so nice seeing Jewel and Candra again, and meeting Lee and Beatrice!!! :)

I weighed in, and wow! I have lost like 3.6 lbs since Monday!! How nuts is that? So all in all down like 5+ lbs in 2 weeks. That makes me so happyyyyyy!!!!

Monique!!! You shoulda came tonight!! You will be okay everyone has slips ups BUT WE ARE STRONGER THEN THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone!

I went to my apt. today and it was a bundeled appointment with the Nutritionist first, then Dr. Chu (My Sergeon), and then my Case Mgr. It lasted 3 hrs. My Nutritionist was impressed by my food logs which I just printed from myfitnesspal.com, and also was empressed that I lost 7 lbs since my orrientation on 11/22/09. She wants me to eat more carbs though!

When I saw Dr. Chu, she said that my goal weight was 225, which means that I have 18 more lbs. to go. Not bad, may take some time, but not a bad goal. So here is the big news she gave me though, I can not have RYN or the Band. Because I am alergic to acetaminophen, and must use a NSAIDs for any pain manegment, which will cause ulcers for the RYN (which I new) and also give me a high risk for errosion as well as ulcers for the band (did not know), that my only option is the sleeve at this point.

Now I was leaning that way before but I was still in a limbo up untill she made me aware of this. I had gotten different answers on this board and other boards so I was not sure. But at any rate, this is what I needed to make up my mind.

I realy like all of you and hope that you don't mind me staying as well :) I think that all of you have a lot of experience and knowledge to offer a newbie like me!

Thanks for listening :)

Tamra~Yes, I should have brought my butt to the meeting!!! Instead, I ran errands....shopping while I can after work....And I stayed home and ate a whole dang garlic crab..Why didn't you call and harrass me and save me????

Congrats on the weightloss....

Tomorrow will be new day!!!.

Congrats on the weight loss Tamra!!!!!

Ash - Are you gonna do it?? Lee here is also doing the sleeve, you could talk to her about it!

Monique - Candra actually asked Jewel if you were coming and I believe she said you were but didn't know!! Of course the non cell phone talker I am, I havent saved your number yet!!!! PM it to me again! I will save it RIGHT NOW!!! I am a texter, so next time you may get hella text LOL

Hey there, good to see you all tonight. Congrats on your weight loss Tamra. one step at a time, you'll get there. It's amazing once you get on a roll.

Monique, I know the last 2 months before my fill were horrible. Maybe you can make it up in exercise, but keep at it.

My band is really working for me. My chest is really tight. Seems like thinking about food gets me tight.

ok, I'm going to go to bed... I'm tired...oh I prefer Jes.

whoops, hehe sorry Jes :)

Yay I got my little teeny weeny .25 cc fill yesterday, which was just what I wanted!! I can't tell if it's going to work because I am on clears for 48 HOURS, can you believe that??? 48! Dr.'s orders. ugh. Dr. Baggs said there was some new study that even if you just pulled the Fluid out and put it back in, not even adding any, it still increased the risk of (some fancy word that means getting too tight) for 48 hours, and they had been seeing too many people in the ER for unfills right after a fill so they changed the rules. I'M STARVING and I can't even have my soy latte!! Does anyone remember why it is Clear Liquids, as opposed to thin liquids? I'd sure like a little Protein . . . .

I had a great hour with Robin, showed her all my head hunger stuff I have been doing, my emotions log & all, She said that I am doing all the work, it's not my band. And asked me to come and talk to her lifestyles class! Wow. I had lost 11 lbs (not the 14 I was sure I could get to, but TOM of course) since my last .25cc fill in September. . . . so still losing almost a pound a week . . . . it's the weights!!

I told Dr, B I am shooting for "goal" (154) at 1 year out from surgery, which is only 2 months away. I still only got .25cc, lol! That's all I wanted. I can go back if I think I need more. I feel like the spoiled lap-band child, to tell them when I need a fill rather than vice-versa. My port is so sticky-outty and easy to reach it was a single tiny poke and he said "perfect" and was already done, and she wasn't even ready with the Water yet it was so fast. no bruise, no nothing. Fater than any I have seen on YouTube even! Painless.

OK single ladies, do not sign up for too many online dating services at the same time, and do not give out your messenger address or you will never be able to keep up! This is crazy!! 3 is my limit and there are 5 in contention right now, #3 has slipped down to #5 for lack of imagination and social skills (also because his reference has not checked in yet), #4 has moved way up and is about to replace #1 because I have gone for 24 hours without a call, email or text from #1. #2 is back in contention after a several-day absence and . . . . ah shucks, I just want to hear from #1. Actually I want to do more than hear from him :)

Skipping the gym today because I have had no food for 30 some hours and don't want to pass out - so here I am, you lucky people get me!!

Tina I'm glad M likes them! They were SO short I wasn't sure you'd be OK with them . . . . glad all is good!

OK time to go check my email Happy Thursday all!

OH! Tamra! Good job girl :-) Remember how great this feels next time you want the gingerbread!!:)

Good Morning!

Great to meet some of you at the meeting last night. Now I have faces for Candra, Tamra and Jes. :)

Riley, you sound like you're having the time of your life with all this dating. I can't wait to hop in line and do the same in a few months.

Monique, what can we do to help you be accountable and get back on track? You can do this!

Ashley, I wrote to you over at verticalsleevetalk in our Kaiser Thread.

I rarely go out to dinner, particularly on this 1200 calorie regime because it's too difficult. I went to a birthday dinner for a friend on Tuesday night at BJ's in Concord. They do have the calories on the menu which I love, but it didn't help me much. I watched the table have martini's, beer and wine while I sipped Water. My entree was chicken, mashed potatoes and broccoli, no desert and even now today I'm still up close to three pounds. I had less than 400 calories before dinner knowing it would be high, so I had one 1800 calorie day in over three weeks of less than 1200 calories. It's so frustrating to eat one meal, gain three pounds and not be able to get it back off. So that's my goal of the next few days, drop those off at the bus stop along with another few pounds!

Happy Thursday! Tomorrow I get to meet with the Psych at 8am for me evaluation. :)

what are your thoughts on alcohol with the band? My husband wants to take me out this weekend after some hoilday shopping for a a drink and a movie. Can I drink wine or cranberry vodka? I imagine 1 will be my limit. We arent going to party or anything but I dont want to be embarrsed or regretting the glass of wine later. How did you all feel after a cocktail since the band?

Maria - they had a big scolding last night at the meeting about alcohol...its a major no no...yet my friend who had the RNY does still drink once in a while....I dunnooooo....