Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Riley: Oh girl you are gonna pass me before you know it. My life is in the pits right now.. i think i know why so many divorces occur after this surgery. Because when a lot of people got married, they had low self esteem maybe even didnt love themselves, and as we loose the weight and pain, we grow inside and want MORE for ourselves....AND YES it gets soo hard huh!!! But you are doing AMAAAAZING! If i could just workout like u id be doin awesome:D

Heather im like u, i was a 14 when i was 14 i was a 10 when i was 10 yrs old.. I always somehow wore my age in pants.. Not ANYMORE!:thumbdown:

Girls i know everyone posted and sorry my brain just went blank! Im so excited to see everyone, i realllly need to see you all:)

You know whats nuts.. is i lived in marysville never any plans i move to sac lol ok every day i gots something going on.. and i think im gonna get a job hahaha funny one.

Sharon WELCOME and congrats!!!:thumbdown:

John your post made me smile.. just remember we are all teh coolest women you will ever meet:D Oh yeah and if we ever male trash talk sorry bout that in advance:D

Reggie nice seein you!

Chris.. i think your computer is a ghost.. its always on the forumsm, like just about nightly but never says howdy.

Ok my sleeping pills hittin im getting gooffy nite girls.

Morning ladies..Jess thanks for the info. I havent heard from Sarah yet..I will try to call her be 9 this morning. Hope you all have a beautiful Thursday!

Go Maria! You will be banded before you know it! Just make sure your test is done in the binder. That's all liz really wants.

Heather, wish i could walk today but you'll probably be long gone by the time I get back to Vallejo! Let us know if you turn out to be crazy.

Sharon - welcome!!! The long journey will be worth it. Stick with these ladies and you will get thru it faster than you think. I was fortunate and found this forum right after I got the referral. I had orientation May 12th and was Banded September 14th - so literally 4 months! Could have done August but it conflicted with my Depo shot LOL. My point is, these ladies will keep you motivated and on the fast track!

Reggie - what can we do to help? I hate that you're having such a hard time. have you tried maybe Protein only - 1/2 cup maybe 4 times per day - that's what i did before the band and it worked well for me - kept me feeling "satisfied" for the most part.

John - I so agree with you - we are all struggling just at different stages and some stages are tougher than others. You worked to hard to lose this weight to gain it back now! Try to work the pre op 1200 cal plan - or atkins!! I believe you didn't get the band because the sleeve is a better fit for your body - that's just how life works - everythng for a reason!!

Nicole - I wish things would get easier for you & Mike. This new you is still new to him too so you guys need an adjustment period. He just may feel a little left behind...

I really, really need to learn how to work this band! The Doc said I have roughly 3ml in my band -

last night I had 1/2C food but still felt hungry so I had another 1/4C - still not really satisfied but left it alone - 30 minutes later I felt so so so so so full I thought I was going to burst wide open - That was around 5. At 10pm I was still feeling uncomfortably full! So I guess I need to stop after 1/2C and wait 30 min before I add anything else! I had a little under 1/2C when I had the grits and felt ok for about 6 hours. Is this normal?

I also think it depends on the kind of food - thin Soups don't ever make me feel satisfied or full but the thicker stuff like grits I have to be careful with. Whew..... So much drama

So I guess I need to stop after 1/2C and wait 30 min before I add anything else! I had a little under 1/2C when I had the grits and felt ok for about 6 hours. Is this normal?

Uhmmmm . . .yes, and yes!! :-)

Jes - did you get your latte??

Tina - came home and had a cup of broth for lunch, was going to have a SF Decaf soy chai latte for dessert but was too full from the stinking broth!! Guess I'd better stick with the plan and get me some SF Jello, 'sigh':tongue_smilie:

Jes was tryin' to get me there, we were SO CLOSE but then I had to go check in, then she waited with my purse while I changed outta my sweats (we did "the walk"), then Tina came, then we were called in! They totally welcomed Jes, did her BP and let her watch my fill and stuff. Hardly anyone showed up so it was COOL! She sure was jonsin for that SF vanilla latte tho!!!

hey hey....finally home. Riley and Tina I had a great time hanging with you. I'm glad I was able to get into see the fill, I am so not afraid. Do you think I need to look into my BP what am I supposed to do if it's low?

So I made it over to SF to get my CPAP checked. They say the setting are good but gave me a new mask so hopefully I'll have a decent night sleep tonight.

Yes, I stopped at Peets on my way out and got the sf vanilla latte. I was only able to drink a 1/4 if that so I'm saving some for dessert :mad:

Candra I saw the missed call but I left the phone in the car while we walked...sorry we missed you.

OH Robin mentioned that she referred some folks to us. So any of you lurkers, welcome, chime in, this is a super group of ladies and a man :mad:

Hi everyone-- Here is the latest..I am scheduled in Richmond to see Liz on Tuesday at 8:30am. Wish me luck!! I am trying my hardest not to gain any weight I sure do not want to drive way the heck out there and then need to reschedule becuase I didnt meet goal..I was even thinking about taking some MOM on Sunday night to take effect on Monday morning and do all Clear Liquids on Monday. what do you ladies think of that idea?

Maria- either that or tea the night before :mad:

8:30 is good. Don't eat anything after 6p drink your tea and you will be good by the time you get into see Liz.

Hey all,

Just got back from my fill this morning. Nice little group today and so, so fun to see Riley and Jes today!! Jes you should have come into my fill too I wasn't thinking or I would have told you to come...........

Back up to 5.5cc's. So far with Soup I don't feel a difference. I don't know what is up with me. But maybe it will kick in. I have been really hungry for two weeks now. Stress I guess.........

So Dr. BAggs and I talked about the Celexa and I got signed up by the psychatrist for some stress management or anxiety sorta class until I can see someone.......he said that is good but that is only once you need something more. I told him I am on the waiting list for counseling......and I think the Celexa is starting to kick in a bit. Makes me not want to eat so not complaining.........but geez don't take it right before bedtime cause it keeps me up!! I am just so emotionally wiped out right now.................stupid job and obvious I don't know how to handle stress very well cause I have been wanting to kick something hard all week!!! 200 Social workers leave tomorrow..........and my whole office will be empty Monday.........so much upset and stress at work........

MONDAY!! I will be in a new office and one co worker is going with me. I hope things will change from MOnday on. I plan to get back on track with exercise and my food log...........I am hoping for a positive change with the new job. THey drag out the sadness and stress at work for almost a month enough is enough...........

Candra wish I had seen you today?? If I had know you were around I would have suggested lunch........oh well I will be back on the 29th of October.

Donna thinking of you. Praying for ya!!

Nicole: I hear ya my life is stressful now I am missing all you guys and plan to get back online here soon when things slow down........

Wishing everyone a great weekend!! Lurkers are totally welcome to join in!!

Nicole Robin asked about you today!! Said she missed having you in the group and asked about you.........I told her you have a great fill and that your had moved and were doing ok?

YOu coming on the 29th for a fill!!

Maria- either that or tea the night before :mad:

8:30 is good. Don't eat anything after 6p drink your tea and you will be good by the time you get into see Liz.

Jes- Thanks. What type of tea? and will tea help if I drink it the night b4? sorry I'm just very new and you guys are so knowledgable on this stuff can you explain what the tea does and why I should take it the night b4. Thanks:tongue: