Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Pam

Sorry to hear you are having a hard time. What you describe is something I fear about going through all this and then still wanting and being able to eat a lot. Why did they unrestrict you? Where you having trouble? I hope things get better for you.

Pat

Origenation 9/8/09 - 256lbs

Surgeon Appt. 9/30/09

weight.png

Ah, Pammie - nothing's wrong with you that isn't wrong with the rest of us - if we didn't have those same food issues we wouldn't be here!! You just need to get your .5 back and you will be fine! DON'T BEAT YOURSELF UP ABOUT IT. If you must eat, eat meat! I'm tellin you they did that whole story on MSMBC about how addicting sugar/carbs are and the chemicle reaction it causes in the brain. Dr. Oz said the reason we still feel hungry after eating that crud is because our body is still looking/needing nutrition and that junk just doesn't cut it so it keeps asking for it.

good morning, how's everyone today?

I had grits this morning and they were good I'm sure I'll be full for a while. I also went on my walk. This time I took my pedometer, I had on a dress so I clipped it to my panties :biggrin: QUOTE]

Jes you crack me up! I put mine inside my bra now; there's plenty of room there suddenly lol!!!

I received a .5 cc fill on Sept 9 and apparently it made my band too tight as I couldn't keep food down, so I had a 1 cc unfill on Sept 15 - she took out 1 cc to be safe due to the swelling that comes from pbing.

Dr. Im just e-mailed me and said I could call and get an appt to get filled back to my 7 cc.

Pat - they don't worry about the Protein the first few weeks after surgery. They just want to make sure you stay hydrated - it is a time for healing - but you can eat things that are nutritional as long as they are in the stage you are in.

I'm needing to see my girls this Saturday - I need a pep talk.

I'm sure once I get to stage 3 I will have more than my share of protein...I love meat/fish/chicken.

Pam I'm glad you said that about stage 1&2 I was wondering why the binder doesn't say anything about Protein. I keep referring to that binder since I don't want to mess up. :biggrin:

I have to admit I'm having trouble with the Water all this sippin I'm used to just drinkin. I think I may have got about 50 oz yesterday so I'm trying for 64 today.

Hey Ladies and Gents

Long day!! No fun at work this week....... .200 people will be leaving on Friday!! Some of them good friends. The rest of us will be moving out of the office on Friday.......they kept five people who will stay. So weird......the office is emptying out.

I think where I am going will be ok. REally long commute but I am thinking of shortcuts already.............trying to figure out the shortest way to go.................LOl.

I am headed to bed exhausted..............

Pat- The average weight loss pre-op is 10%. I was tasked with losing over 80 lbs pre-op. Something about me being young and probably because I'm an apple and not a pear. Of course, that means I'll be losing about half my excess weight pre-op. But I'm fine with that! I'm still losing so it doesn't matter how, as long as it's healthy and steady!

Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend! I miss you ladies!

Hey all, just checkin' in . . . . I forgot to stop eating today! Calorie meter is over 1,300 oopsie daisy!!

Oh well huh, whatcha gonna do. I can eat too much again! 3 days till fill, just have to hang on a bit longer I reckon.

Too tired today, and a headache - at least it didn't get as hot as they predicted today. My one knee is still kinda grindy-feeling when I walk more than a mile at a time, so trying to take it easy on it but still get my miles in preparing for this weekend. Going to bed so I can't eat anymore!! No willpower today, zippo I hope tomorrow's better.

Goodnight all!

Dr. Im told me to call the office and get a fill appt to get my .5 cc back. I called and the earliest I can get in is Oct 9 at 8:30 am. Jeez that is 2 wks away. I am going to have to start walking a lot to keep my mind off of food. I need an attitude adjustment.

My son who is 12 just finished his Geometry homework - after tears because he couldn't understand - our waitress at Mike's Diner said she was a math wizard so I came back home and got his book. She helped him at the counter after we ate. One of his friends who is in Algebra just called our house in tears because he needed help with his Algebra homework. Both boys are in 8th grade. I think they are pushing kids too hard and fast - poor guys. My son is now working on his History homework and will have to get up early to do his Science homework. Even though he is in Honor's classes, I still think it is too much homework.

Oh no i also had a small salad before dinner, probably 1/2 a cup worth of lettuce about 10 min before dinner.. and then with dinner i also had spinach.. Yes i do find it easy to get back on the bandwagon, but i also notice i dont gain when i fall off. I used to gain it all back, now since we cant have as much of anything and we wanna eat things that will satisfy us you tend to eat those and then you just dont have space for as much of the bad things..

Hope that helps:D

Nicole

Thanks for sharing your point of view. What is pbing? Also like your story at Black Angus. Could you eat anything else besides the fish/meat - did you eat veggies? potatoes? or was the fish/meat and dessert all you could eat? If you fall off the wagon and eat things that you know you shouldn't do you find it hard to get back on track. I really wanted this to be a tool to help keep me on track. I've lost this weight so many times over the year, but can't keep it off (and I gain back more after each diet). I am trying to be realistic about what to expect and not set up false hopes. I am really afraid if I start eating simple carbs/sugar after the band that I will keep craving them (like I do now) and will have a hard time stopping.

Also - (sorry for all the questions), do you have a sense of how much weight the surgeon is going to expect me to drop (I meet with her in another week.) Some people say 10% and some it seems like it is much less.

Thanks for your help.

Pat

Orientation 9/08/09 - 256

Surgeon Appt. 9/30/09

weight.png

I finally have my psych eval scheduled! Woohoo! I still can't see the results of Thursday's weight check, but Doc Fisher either could see it or took my word for it and I called Richmond and got my appt for Dr. Schnurr. It was funny, when I called to schedule it she sounded like she was having a hard time finding my info. She was asking how long it had been since I was there last. I told her I had orientation in May and my initial consult in June and I've been working to get to my first goal since then. She was asking if I was at goal and when I told her I was at my first goal she sound super confused. So apparently Doc is handling me different than everyone else? Just kinda strange, no biggie.

Pam, I totally feel your son's pain. Math would frusterate me to tears. I hope statistics next semester will be nicer to me than algebra was!

Tina: glad you are taking this whole change well. YOu are doing great... and im sure you will have the best short cut all mapped out!

Pam: Sorry its gonna be 2 weeks, can another surgeon give you a fill? Call for cancellations.. About your son that breaks my heart, what are they doing to our kids! You know i never see geometry in my life.. why is it so dang imp that they get it shoved down their throats to the point of bringing teenage boys to tears. It is in my opinion RIDICULOUS! Gosh ive taken algebra and college algebra 2x each now, and if i had to retake math i bet id be right back in algebra. That stuff is hard, and never sticks!

Heather the reason you are different is because you are amazing! Look at your results!

Riley good job on your walking:) SOrry about your joints! You are going to do great this weekend!

Oh girls i walked today lol, we walked about almost 4 miles.. but what we did was walked to coldstone, got some, ate it and walked home.. Ok ok i know i have an issue:) Guess its time for a detox. Bla. Its just so yummyyyyyyyyy:)

I am having Protein Shakes today to try to flush the carbs out of my system and get back on track. I am also going to send an e-mail to Dr. Im to see if he can't squeeze me in earlier - the appt I have is 17 days away - he is going to be tired of me soon. :bored:

Heather - you are a superstar - and an inspiration to us all - go girl.

Who all is going to be at the meeting on Saturday? Are we walking before Nicole? I gotta get that big bag of clothes out of my trunk - also I have the 2 dvds for Auds.

I am ready to go back to bed and I have only been at work for an hour - man I keep waking up at 2:30 every night and can't go back to sleep for an hour.

Going to be at the National Child Abuse conference all day.........waiting for the final budget vote today to see where I ened up.

I hear ya Pam I need a fill too. I have little restriction. I have been the same weight for almost 6 weeks now.........I was doing so well when I had restriction losing weight fast. This is definetely a set back. Glad I am going in on Thursday. Gonna miss your pink slip party!!:-P Rather have a fill that go to that kind of party.

Oh off to work..........this is such a crazy week!!