Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hello hello! I realized why my pedometer seems to show really low step counts. I reset it while it was in my pocket! Seems like that reset button shouldn't be so easy to push...

I'm off for my torture ahem, training. Have a good night!

Where is everyone? Candra I'm worried you're stuck with a 10 day Migraine or your forced to do wedding prep. Hmm. Miss you!

I just got back from my session with the trainer. Each team has a board up and they put a star next to your name for every % of weight lost. I've got two stars! (A tie for best of my group!). As of my weigh-in tonight I've lost 9 lbs. I still feel like I'm plateaued though. Gotta do an official Kaiser weigh-in this week. *sarcastic "yay"* I wish Kaiser gave us gold stars! Lol. One guy has lost 7%. He apparently owns a local pizza place and he simply stopped eating pizza and has dropped the lbs. Jerk. I so wish I had started this 10 months ago when I started the pre-op and was dropping weight like crazy. Oh well, still getting a great workout!

Oh, funny thing with my trainer yesterday. We went over nutrition and he wants me to snack now. I told him today that I measured everything (yay!) but I didn't snack since I wasn't hungry. He told me to try! I don't know about that, I just can't justify eating when I'm not hungry. I've worked so hard to be able to eat 3 squares -no Snacks. But I figure I'll plan snacks in case I get hungry (like the yoghurt I don't finish at b-fast etc). I really hope I can bust the plateau for real!

I don't know if I'll make it to the walk on Saturday, we might be really busy with house stuff.

Oh Heather is Robin even hears the word snack........well ya know!! She really doesn't like any snacking.

That is what is so crazy everyone has a different theory. Some say protien shakes some say no........I think you have to do what works best for you. There are so many ideas out there about what is right.

So I called Kaiser today. Getting the operative report will take time. Not sure exactly what it is but I think it is a good idea to have it so if I go to another doctor I can it on hand. Also for ER if I ever have to get an unfill or if I am out of town or end up moving out State. I asked for it to be sent to my home so we will see how it goes. They need to find out if they can do that or if it has to go directly to a doctor. Will be interesting to see what is written and if it matches my perception of what is going on.

It was also suggested to me by Kelly that I cancel my next appointment and reschedule once I am down to goal weight and know if I will have Kaiser insurance. She said it might be better to just wait awhile and see how things go.............I didn't get a fill in January and I cancelled in February since I was not at goal weight......I intend to get a fill in March just not sure where or how yet. I am still thinking.

I will email Dr. Baggs and see what he says I know he told me to come see him again even if I am not at goal weight so we could talk. I know I am not getting a fill from him in March. No way I will be down that much in three weeks. I am fighting to NOT gain. Never mind losing that much that fast.....

So anyway I have a consult appointment on March 19, 2010 to talk to a surgeon here in town. I just wish I knew how many fills I would need. 1-2 and it would be work self paying..........more than that???

Not sure how Kaiser feels about fills somewhere else than coming back to Kaiser. Kelly says I can always come back if I keep Kaiser but I want to hear that from my doctor at Kaiser!! So well see..........

I do know I need a fill for restriction and emotionally to kick my butt back into gear!! The last week I realized I have to do something now and I have to get a fill this month. I just have to figure it all out.........:-)

I have to get back to restriction I am almost a year out.

Problem is as always I am a liablity to Kaiser. Sux but it is true and I understand why.

Tina, I think you just need to tell them you feel like you have no control and that you're on your own, because you are! I think Baggs will give you a fill, just a feeling I have.

I've attached two photos, the first is me at the wedding. I ran out of time to paint my nails (red, to go with the whole look) so my mom and I snuck to the bathroom to paint them.

The second is what my mom came up with comparing myself last year on my b-day and this year.

post-264076-13813139174875_thumb.jpg

post-264076-13813139175148_thumb.jpg

Yea I have no control that is true I figured that out last month. I just am not willing to halt my weight lose anymore. Six months is enough. If Kaiser won't work with me I will just find someone who will.

I did email Dr. Baggs twice and was honest with him. He just said he does want to see me again when I am down to goal weight and asked me to talk to Robin. I already

did all that.

In the end I have to accept the answer is no and make my decisions based on that. If this isn't working for me I have to make decisions that will that is my responsibility. I did this to be healthy and lose weight. That is not happening now. So I have to do what is best for me. I was losing steady when I had a good fill, I stopped abruptly when I got unfills. From what I have read on Lap band talk that is normal. So I have to get do what is best.

But for those who wonder I have talked and talked and talked to Kaiser and they are very firm on their position. So I have to do what is best for me and my health and weight lose.

Just life. I am not doing anything they aren't aware of. And I haven't been told to stop or that this isn't a good idea. Just that they want to see me one last time and for me to let them know if I change offices.

Oh Heather you look great!! I remember the before pictures a year ago............you have come a long way!!

OK so I found this on the APS lapband site:

FILLS:(recommended)

3ccs at surgery:

First fill at 4 weeks: 1-1.5cc's

If patient is losing 2 pounds a week or more: no fill

If patient is losing less than one pound a week: fill .5 to 1.0 at a time

If patient is losing 1-2 pounds a week fill .5-1.0 as doctors and patients descretion based on satiety, restriction and amount of food that can be eaten.

SO..............why is losing weight a requirement for a fill at Kaiser if losingweight means you don't need a fill?? I don't get it. But like I said there are a thousand different ways to do things.........

Heather you look amazing.. Love the flower in your hair so cute!!!

i told tam Tam this morning, I dont think I am going to make it on saturday either. Something came up that I need to take care of. But I will see everyone on the 20th at pats... I have to drive to Richmond on the 19th for my appointment with Doc Who, lots of driving.

Anyways, have a great day everyone!!

Hi everyone! Sorry I didnt make it to the meetng We went to San Jose last minute. Heather those are some great before and after pictures.

Tina- You do what is best for you. My sis in law gets a fill every two weeks..can you believe that! I am barely going to my 2nd fill on Wed. She's already had 3 and had her operation on 12/26.

Hey all- I passed a test for VSP I have an interview on Thusday one day after my fill. I should be ok, right? I plan to ask dr Baggs for a full not a half. I am so scared of being too tight. Any suggestions??? and do I go on clears the day of the fill right? How about today do I do anyhting speacial?

Heather you look wonderful! Great job and keep up the dedication, its inspiring!

Heather, you look so adorable. What a difference a year makes!!

Maria, good luck with your fill and with your interview. That's so exciting.

It sounds like everyone is doing really well. How cool is that!

John, tomorrow is two weeks for us. Can you believe it! My energy is good. Yesterday while out for my walk I ended up walking to my office and working for the afternoon. I'm going to work this afternoon as well in the office and home right now. I'm feeling great in my body but already seeing signs of loose skin. Oh well. I did this for body and heart health not for vanity.... right?

Enjoy the raining day everyone!

M u s t b r e a k c a r b c y c l e . . . . .

YES I finally changed my ticker to reflect my weight re-gain. I have to get OUT of denial and get back with the program folks! It is not a failed band; I do not need a fill. I simply need to get back with the program and follow the damed rules! Here are ALL of the rules I am breaking:

~ not enough Water - I dont even try

~ I drink coffee & sodas (slowly), & an occasional beer

~ I snack and graze constantly

~ I eat sliders b4 Proteins so I can get the belly-full feeling

~ I dont log anything

~ I eat sugar and carbs when I KNOW they are triggers 4 me

~ I eat when I'm not hungry

~ I dont have a weekly support group anymore :-(

~ I eat in my room, on my bed (and blame it on Chris!)

I HAVE to break the carb cycle and get rid of this urge to eat eat eat! It will take me 5 days. Wish me luck!

Riley- I know you can do it. You are a very determined person. I can tell by your success so far. Gurl I do all those things but the beer but I do the wine..I surprised myself and drank a whole bottle one night with a friend. Now that is bad!! but keep getting abck on track. I decided not to even touch the wine anymore which I determined is probably why I dont lose the last 8lbs to get to onederland. That means more to me than a glass of chardonnay or scoop of ice cream.

I see a lot of people on Obesityhelp.com rave about this for when they need to outsmart the carb monster.

Surgical Weight Loss 5 Day Pouch Test