Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hi everyone,

This newbie will be there Saturday...hope I can go to lunch too but have to wait for my son's baseball schedule.

I am off to Kaiser for a weight check! I was hungry so I already ate my lunch so probably will mess up my weigh in a little but that's ok, will make it up next week.

This sunshine is wonderful and my son has a baseball :thumbup:game today so I will be soaking up some rays! yeah.

Really quick can someone give me an idea as to what "sliders" are? what slides past the band food wise?

Lunch: 4 oz baked chicken and 2 tablespoon broccoli

Edited by tamra.

I was wondering the same thing! lol

yay Dr Baggs emailed me back and said "Tamra, you have no restrictions" when I asked if I can go back to doing all my workout DVDs!! yay!!!

Kim Kardashian fit in your jeans by Friday, HERE I COME!!!!

There are alot of "sliders" - ice cream, Soup, chips, Cookies, candy, pudding, - pretty much anything that goes down right away - and for some odd reason cookies and junk food go down quickly. It may differ from person to person, but it is typically not the type of food we should be eating.

But why do those things go past? I would think chips would stop?

I think the Cookies and chips go past because they basically turn to mush when we chew them. Granted you couldn't eat a whole pack of cookies - they would back up.

I finished my three day Project Management class - we chipped in for Breakfast pizza today - I had one small piece and part of it came back up. I then had another small piece right before lunch and it was okay. So stupid me tried to then eat a small piece of danish and of course it came back up. I really miss bread - I haven't had a real sandwich now in over a year and a half - I can't really even tolerate toasted bread - I can eat a really crunchy piece of garlic bread, but I know I shouldn't so I don't do it very often.

I am planning on being there on Saturday at this point - I am not sure what my aunt and cousin are up to yet though. I will definitely try to be at the meeting, but may not make it to lunch.

I took tomorrow off to clean house and relax. It will be the last Friday I can eat lunch at school and help out. The work I missed this week will still be waiting for me at work on Monday.

Hope everyone is having a nice evening.

Candra today is my daughters b-day so I'm leaving work early tomorrow and we are going to hang out so tomorrow isn't good. I'm around the rest of the weekend.

Tamra I see you've got a easter goal, great. I wasn't very successful with my mini goals. I hope to loose about 5 pounds by my fill date so we'll see. BTW I think everything is a slider if you have no restriction like me.

Hi Everybody! Just checking in. Pretty quiet today. What's goin' on? Hope all are well.

Ashley-had a good time chit-chating with you last night at the Antioch Support Group meeting. Thanks for the invite. I'm trying to get my friend and co-worker to come next time.

Today was an okay, I didn't over do it day....Great while at work, not so great choices but not too much serving wise while at homel...

Tomorrow is a brand new day and a new opportunity to do well. I have to lose 5 lbs by April 1st....

Hey, that's what I'm going to start saying all the time....

I have to lose 5lbs by April 1st!!!!! My new mantra!!!!

Does anybody have port pain that's had their band for a while? Mine hurts like it's pulling weighing down my muscle. hmmmm I guess I can ask Dr P but it seems to hurt when I move or stretch etc.

Sliders are interesting to me LOL. I just don't see how certain foods just slide. Its so weird. LOL.

Jes ~ yep I now have a Easter Goal! whoo hoo! I need to stick to it, and get back on track for sure.

So here is my meal...all was great except my lil pre dinner snacker!

Breakfast: 1/2 cup cottage cheese with mixed fruit, 1/4 whole wheat toast and country crock, and 1 grande skinny Decaf latte

Lunch: 4 oz baked skinless boneless chicken breast and 2 tablespoons broccoli

Snack: approx 8-10 Cheese Nips

Dinner: 4 & 3/8 oz burgers w/ cheese from Mcdonalds (3 patties) with just mustard and onions, and 1/4 whole wheat bread w/ country crock.

Jes ~ My port randomly hurts if I twist wrong, or If I eat to much it sticks out?

Hi Everyone

Candra - I caught your Migraine. The headache I came home with yesterday turned into a migraine and I had to take maxalt twice last night. I could feel it starting to come back before I left work again tonight. I obvioulsy jinxed myself by telling you mine had gotten much better!

I think my body is telling me it doesn't like my job or my job isn't good for me. First day back a migraine (that now may be coming back on day 2) and day 2 I started an itchy rash on my legs - I get these when I get real stressed.

Think I felt the band tonight - I was tight after eating dinner - think I had too much. (Thought 2 tbsp was 1/4 c but it is only 1/8 c so I have been measuring my veggies wrong - math challenged :eek:- I have to keep looking it up online - can't remember the conversions for anything! Actually I have CRS disease - can't remember s---!)

Oh, today is 30 days since I've had my band and I was down again this morning - so 17 lbs in 30 days. I've never lost that much weight in a month - even when I did the liquid diet.< /p>

My food for the day:

B - 2 scrambled eggs w/ 2 tbsp spinach and 4 tbsp shredded cheese

L - 1/3 c. grilled chicken w/ BBQ Sauce and 4 tbsp steamed broccoli and 1/4 peeled apple (not sure I was suppose to eat that - binder doesn't list apples as a fruit allowed - but it went down fine)

D - 1/3 c. grilled chicken w/ BBQ sauce and 4 tbsp steamed broccoli and 1/4 slice of sourdough toast

Tamra - how are you doing? Looks like you found something good for breakfast.

Lee - how is the fatigue with working? Don't know how you are doing it! Please contact the Dr. about your runs - I emailed my doc when it happened to me and she responded promptly.

John - glad you are hanging in there. What are you keeping yourself occuppied with?

CoCo - its almost the weekend - bet you are glad - hope you aren't too tired from a full week back at work.

Pam - was the project management class computer related? I manage all our technology project managers. Was the class taught by an outside company? Is tonight a Gym night?

Heather - how sore are you? You are such an inspiration. I wimped out this morning on my workout because of my migraine.

Donna - great to hear from you. I agree we are a great group!

Jes, Riley, Beatriz, Ash, Ali, Tina, Chris, Reggie, Maria and I'm sure I've forgotten someone- hope you are all hangin in there and doin OK.

*waves* Hi Pat!! Glad to see you on here, was wondering where you were. Your living on chicken w. BBQ Sauce, getting tired of it yet?

For anyone whos interested, Safeway every Friday does a $5 hot meal, and tomorrow's is a baked TURKEY BREAST. They are SO GOOD i am going to get one for lunch! Dont pass it up if your looking for a yummy hot and cheap dinner for tomorrow.