Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Tina - I was reading about revisions from band to sleeve and they said there were less complications when the band and port are taken out and then after that heals they do the sleeve. I can't remember the main point of it but you might want to check it out - not sure how Kaiser does it. I'm interested to see what they tell you - I would be surprised if they will pay for it if their is no medical reason to have the band removed.

I agree Pam I don't think they will do it unless they consider all the fills/unfills and the ER visits as problems.

It would make sense that you would have to heal first but that would mean two more surgeries and to much time off work.

Will be interested to see what Kaisers opinion of all this is.

definitely let us know what they say. once you hit the right tightness though, you don't need fills and unfills. I would think they would consider it medical if you had erosion, slipping or it was affecting your health.

I went to bed with a headache, it woke me up a couple of times and I woke up with the same headache - I am hoping it goes away soon. I am wondering if I inhaled too much cleaning product yesterday?

JOHN:

Seriously you woke up?? How scary what were you thinking? Did you hurt. Oh that would be my worse fear. How did they knock you out so fast. Wow I thought those were just horror stories you hear about waking up.

I don't remember much but it did not hurt and it was very brief. I came to and they said something and put me back under. I asked the doc about it and he said it sometimes happens.

Hey Lee! Yeah Dr. Baggs and Fisher pair together and then Dr. Im and Parks pair together. I had asked Dr. Im that cause I remember that everyone said they do it in pairs. I had Dr. Im and Park.

I had Dr. Im assisting Dr. Baggs; some of the other girls from my era did too :-)

Good morning my peeps! Off to a lovely staff meeting . . .

Yeah I just remember hearing the music and Dr. Chu saying everything went well and they repaired my hernia, it must have been right after they pulled the tube out. But then I assed out again. I have to second what Lee said, about 2-3 days out it is a much quicker and better recovery process for the sleeve. Well worth the waking up from surgery part.

Mo, I bet you are rocking your band. Lets get together!

Lee, I was the one asking about the group. I need somthing closer to me! Congrats on the weight loss!!!!!

Lee - Congrats! I can't keep up with you. I'm loosing about one pound a week. Hope to be in Onederland in September. How much are you loosing a week? Glad your trip went well.

Top of the morning all!

Ash-what r u doing next Saturday? Maybe can go to the support group meeting with Lee???

Lee-I know u said it isn't at Mimi's anymore? Where do you all meet and what time?

Morning all.................

Busy day here in Hot Sacramento. My daughter is gone for the week on a camping trip so I wanted to get the house clean before she gets back.

Not much going on but work and trying to work the band this week. Working on my Water as I write this.

Mo I would love too, but I will be out of town this weekend! When are you off work for the summer? We need to walk when you are feeling better :confused:

Ash-not this weekend. We are busy too... Two bday parties. I was talking about next weekend, 7/17-718. I'm much better. The dr said I can walk outside slowly... Not on the treadmill yet. I'll call ya.

Lee - Congrats! I can't keep up with you. I'm loosing about one pound a week. Hope to be in Onederland in September. How much are you loosing a week? Glad your trip went well.

Hi John! I go in spurts. I tend to stay the same weight for 10 days, then I'll drop a couple of pounds the next week. I'm walking a minimum of 60 minutes a day 4x a week and 3x a week it's closer to 2 hours. Exercise makes a huge difference for me. I'm just starting a weight routine in my gym. I've done it once last weekend and will get down there on Friday and Sunday. I'm going to work in 3x a week in the gym. I lose 4 pounds a month if I don't do this level of exercise.

How close to Onederland are you? I read something on OH that said that to be on track to lose 100% excess weight, you need to be 50% there at your 6 month mark. I realized that I had 80 pounds from surgery morning and that I'm down 40+ pounds now so if I keep up what I'm doing, I have a good shot on getting to my goal. We're going to do this surgery buddy!

Top of the morning all!

Ash-what r u doing next Saturday? Maybe can go to the support group meeting with Lee???

Lee-I know u said it isn't at Mimi's anymore? Where do you all meet and what time?

Mo and Ash, I haven't been on Obesityhelp.com california forum since I got home. Go on there and look for the Contra Costa Luncheon thread and introduce yourselves. Mo, you've already been so just remind them who you are. I'll have to go RSVP myself and see what the name of the restaurant is. I remember that it's off Clayton Blvd somewhere. There's always a nice clothing exchange.

I would LOVE to see you both there!

Mo, this week I'm finally wearing the grey/pink sweatsuit that you gave me in January! It's been very cosy walking the lake at 5:30am this week.

Kaiser meeting was small last night. Post-op was good meeting and then we joined the pre-ops. Liz was the facilitator last night. She reminded everyone to stay away from Protein Shakes because we don't need them and people who use them lose slower. The main theme was on not snacking.

Morning all!!!!!!

Hi Lee- Pretty much the same with me. I weigh myself on my bathroom scale ever few days and I don't see much change. I weight myself on the Wii fit every week or two. So far the last month or so I usually see 1 -2 pounds loss each time I weight myself on the Wii.

At the end of June I was 214 so I hope to be under 200 by late September. I’m waiting for the next bathroom cycle to weigh myself. I know TMI but I like it to be consistent when weighing. Haha

You are doing so well with exercise! I am not. Never find much time for it other than an occasional walk. Still very happy with everything. I can eat a little more now, getting close to a cup a meal but it all depends on what as some things go down better. Only spit up some saliva the last couple months 2-3 times.

I recently transferred off of chewable vitamins and one day my stomach didn’t like them which is a problem I think you used to have. My recent three month checkup (done at four months) lab results showed low Vitamin B so I think I will need to take a double dose. Waiting for the doc to return to ask. I’m also switching to the faster dissolving vitamin B from Trader Joes you recommended as the other one takes forever to dissolve and I end up swallowing or chewing it before its totally dissolved.

Good day everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by skiingj

Hey all!!! Just marking my spot!!!