Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Thats awesome Pam, I am excited that you found something to help you! yay! I will check it out as my last resort if the band DOESNT WORK. I know it wants too, I just have to work WITH HIM!!

Pam - I try not the negative talk myself but when I hear OTHERS talking about me it sucks.

I heard my mom on her phone yesterday telling someone she doesnt know why I even did the band because I have stopped eating well. She said "Tamra was looking so beautiful, her skin, hair everything, and now...I dunno what she did"

It was a slap in the face....I cant help but to beat myself up?

That's too bad that she would say those things about you Tamra. I know it is hard, but you need to try not to let negative people have the power over you. There will always be people who have something bad to say about us no matter how much we weigh - sadly that's the way the world is but we have to learn to not let that send us back to food - for a lot of us that is how we got where we are today - emotional eating. Maybe you should talk to your mom and let her know how much that hurts you and if she has negative things to say about you to keep it to herself. I'm sure there are people even in my office who don't approve of my band or the plan I am on now but they just don't say anything to me. And you know what they don't have to approve of it - I am doing it for me not for them anyway. All we can control is our own behavior and to let the people who are bringing us down go.

Pam, honey do what is going to help you and make you healthy and happy. If I could afford to do that program I would have done so a long time ago. But I don't even spend that much on groceries for my family of 4 ( I love couponing lol). I am happy for you :thumbup:

Tam you crack me up with you band being a man lol!

Tina, funny that you say that about Sharon osborn, cause i know when they did a "behind the music" show they talked about her having bypass. So maybe she had bypass then got the band latter...since she had bypass well over 10 years ago. Hmmm.

I have been re-reading my book that Fremont Kaiser gave me and I found a part in there where they talk about the band and getting fills. It specifically says in there that a Kaiser patient will not always get a fill when they go in for an apointment for one, and that it is up to the Dr.'s discression. Hmmm food for thought huh.

I hope you are all doing well, we need to plan another get together :rolleyes: I need more support groups for sure lol, oh and 7 more days and I will be sleeved lol!

Thanks Ash - your kids are little - I spend more than $400/mo on groceries for the four of us - but not too much more - I too am a coupon queen - gotta love the dollar off ones. And it is amazing if we all think back to how much we spent on food before starting this journey - drive throughs, restaurants, Snacks - oh my we are saving now - which lets us do something else with that money.

Interesting on the binder saying that about fills - I will have to check my Richmond one.

THe book is ok Pam..........but I got one of her older books on emotional eating that is better.

I am home sick going to the doctor today. I had pneumonia really bad two years ago and scarred up my lungs. So anything that hits my lungs I have to go in. I don't want to get that sick again. I know I don't have pneumonia now but better safe than sorry. All the coughing can't be good for band. If I cough to hard I PB not sure how that works...........

Down another pound today!! Yea. Slow but steady. I didn't eat that great this weekend so I am suprized. I did have frozen yogurt a definet slider.

Robin called earlier so I am gonna try to call her back. It is either about the food log (ah darn I didn't know baked Beans were sliders!! LOL) or about the counseling.......She is hard to get ahold of so I just left a message for her.

Ok back to bed gotta take advantage of a sick day since the rest of my week is gonna be crazy.........

Tamra we ARE alike. YOur mom sounds like my mom all the way. Ah sorry..........my mom tried to talk me out of the band all the way to surgery. ANd now that I have gained some back with the unfill she told me she thinks it will take a miracle for me to get to goal!! Sorta pissed me off............My mom watches me like a hawk and if I gain or lose I here about it. She works out like crazy and eats organic ect. I live across the street from my parents which financially is a good deal since I rent their secondhouse. But emotionally............ah geez she really hurt me with that comment last week. Now I am sorta determined to prove her wrong. But yea I am 38 and I let what she says bother me even though I know I shouldn't.

ASH-I think Kaiser RIchmond needs to put that in their binder to so people aren't surprized but it. And just to be clear I do have to lose to get anymore fills. So I got a bit of mercy.........but long term I am back with the rest of you now. Just luckily now I have my restriction to help me get to down a bit.

Tamra how much do you have to lose to get a fill per Robin or Dr. Baggs? In the past he told me 5-10..........

CANDRA: where are you???

Hey everyone!!! I'm here. Still working with the band....I guess I'm doing okay. I have not lost anymore weight...Just inches.... I was told by Dr. Who that it's not about inches....It's about poundage lost... I'll go with the inches for now. I do look better in my clothes and am told so but I still think I have a ways to go.... How about 30lbs to go...I am keeping up with my exercise...Just struggling with the eating and mimimal restriction like the rest of you.

I am glad to see that you all have been discussing some serious, meaningful stuff. We are all in this together and need to hear the good, the bad and the ugly.

Hope all are getting there....TTYL.....

Ash-I see you down there. How are you? Getting ready??? Let me know if there's anything I can do for you.... Call me.

OK Nicolie- I'm totally nesting lol!!!!

lol we posted at the same time Mo! I'm gonna call you in a little bit! I miss you!

Ash-I miss you too! We need to get in a last chance workout. I'll be celebrating my b-day this weekend. Were going to Reno Friday. I'll be back Sunday. I know that leaves us no time. But I can always come over and walk your neighborhood with you after work one afternoon. You are going to need to walk in small increments after you surgery.

Mo inches DO count!! Cause they make a difference in how clothes fit........ok so ya maybe no fills with inches but I say the DO count. I would be very happy with pounds or inches!! I will trade ya........down 7 pounds in a week but I can't tell a difference in my clothes at all yet. Sorta discouraging to see the scale go down but the clothes fit the same.

But it is discouraging for the doctor to say it doesn't matter..............

Edited by swrktp

I didn't get a chance to check in last night my son came home from college so I got sidetracked.....

Yea Mo it does sound like we are all having the same struggles.... who would-a-thunk????

anyway, I did ok with food yesterday and today

b= 2 small meatballs

L=sauteed spinach with a little ground chicken in it

d=2 more small meatballs and a small side salad

I too have lost inches even though I haven't measured myself of course the scale hasn't moved much. All my 12 pants are too big but i'm waiting until I loose enough to get another fill before i go shopping. Well I actually have bought like 6 swim suits, WHAT! only 2 a one pc the others are tankinis, my tummy is covered but still I don't think I've had a 2 pc since I was a teen. We're going on vacation next week and then I've got work trip in June in which I hope to be hanging out by the pool. :thumbup:

Oh, any recommendations for beach reading? I want 1 smut novel and then 1 self help, emotional eating or something.

Wow, have you seen the WW commercial w/ Jen Hudson she looks awesome.

Jes, have you read the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy? Only two are out with the third coming out next week. I like it for vacation reading. I'm going to read the third on vacation in June. What sort of things do you like to read? You're more than 1/2 way to goal!!! :thumbup:

I'm celebrating 3 months out from surgery today. I'm happy with my progress. scale was 197.6 this morning so I averaged 10 pounds a month. Month 1 18 pounds - month 2 - 3 pounds - month three 10 pounds. It's taking a lot of exercise and determination but I'm not comparing myself to others and just accepting that this is my path. I see Dr. Baggs on Friday for my 3 month followup. My son is coming home from NY next week. I haven't seen him since 3 days post-op so I'm looking forward to it. He's promising me 1-2 hours a day of exercise. I'm ready! :rolleyes:

Sweet dreams!

Jes I would be so happy if I had 12's that were to big:-) YOur kicking butt!! I am readying this really good emotional eating book by Geneen Roth. Called Breaking free from emotional eating. FOr some reason this book just clicks with me.......she also wrote Women food and God which is a big Oprah thing right now. I started to read that book but took it back..........I like the older one better. More concrete advise.