Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hey everybody!!! Let's just say that this was not a good weekend for me. My band went away and will return in the morning...

I did manage to hit 11,886 steps yesterday..... However, my eating since Friday has been out of control.

I wish I were there yesterday. I hope to make the next get together. Not going to the Richmond meeting on Wed. Hubby will be away and i'll be alone with the babies.

Ash-I will definately keep your baby in my prayers. I know things will be just fine.

What's going on this Saturday??? 3/6. Did I miss the mention of a gathering? Unfortunately, I will not make it. It's hair weekend...These braids take hours...

I will be ready on 3/20....I will definately need it because I see Dr Whoo on 4/1...I have to be ready.

Jes-I'm with you on the need to lose a few before the fill. What day do you see the Dr??? Glad you did the bridge 2 days in a row.

Gosh, it's been quiet in here. You all must have had a fabulous weekend.

TTYL.... Must get ready for tomorrow......

My cousin's wedding went well. They had karaoke, which would have been cool if it started with people a little less smashed and it wasn't so loud. They turned the volume up for karaoke. My brother and sis both sang, but I got a bit of stage fright. Funny, since I took voice lessons for a few years and was a (vocal) music major. I did have a cupcake at the wedding. I'll sure miss my sister's cupcakes after I get my band. When we go to weddings I make the fella dance with me once. All I ask for is one dance. Last night there were only two slow songs, the first one was in the very beginning, and with the second he was chatting with my brother. I was kinda bummed we missed our dance. But I posted pics on fb.

I also have pics from my b-day, my mom did a side-by-side from my pic from my b-day last year. What a difference a year makes! I hope to post it here soon.

I met with my trainer today to go over nutrition. He suggested I stick to 1200-1400 calories. I was glad! When I did the body fat testing they kept saying 1200 was too low. But he agreed with 1200 calories but wants me eating small Snacks (like a hard-boiled egg or string cheese) between meals, going no more than 3-4 hours without food. He also helped me to realize that my plateau is most likely caused by my failure to weigh my food. I keep thinking I'm having 3 oz of Protein but I bet it's 6-8 oz. So my goal for the week will be to weigh/measure everything. He said we're going to bust this plateau! Yay! He also acknowledged my efforts during our workouts, he knows I try my hardest and really do give 100%. I'm glad he notices, 'cause I'm trying! And I'm sweating!

My other goal is to go to bed by 10 pm. I'm a few minutes late now so I better get!

Swrktp – I like how you listed all the choices. Tuff decision but like others have said I would definitely get Kaisers take on this.

Nicolie – It was great seeing you and you look great! Time to go through the closet and sort things out. I have a lot of very nice Hawaiian shirts I’m going to miss but a couple that should now fit. It’s going to be a marathon closet clean but I should have plenty of clothes to shrink into.

Lee – I think when Robin calls she usually tells us to move forward a couple days later so hopefully by the weekend we can have purees. I had a very small nugget of bread yesterday and I sure could feel it. Not much room down there. How are you doing?

Ashley – Wishing your son the best!!

How is everyone? Happy Monday!

Ashley, I'm thinking about your son this morning!

Tina, you have a lot to think about this week. I hope Dr. Baggs can help you make a good choice for you.

John, I'm doing good. Back away from the bread so nobody gets hurt! I'm carefully counting calories and carbs to maximize these first few weeks post-op. Have fun cleaning your closet. I got rid of a lot the weekend pre-op to make room for clothes I had in boxes. Everything still fitting the same but then again I'm living in jammies if I don't have to go out. I'm loving my Sleeve and my scale. After reading suggestions I went and got the Trader Joe's bean Soup. Wow is that ever good. I'm living on TJ's boxed Soups and Greek Yogurt. I've been eating under 300 calories a day but yesterday added one muscle milk light and brought my calories close to 500. I think I need more Protein as I'm going back to my actual office tomorrow. I've been getting in my walking, either outdoors for 30 minutes or on the treadmill. All in all doing great!

What's up for everyone's week? Happy Monday! It's a great opportunity to make good choices today.

Who's going to Richmond on Wednesday?

Happy New MOnth of March everyone!

Ashley, pls let us know how your lil guy is doing!

This was a really good and full weekend...

Sat was a blast, but we sure missed our regulars!!!

John was lookin great, but Candra Clos Cop would've been mentioning our clos sizes, for sure, hehehe! Keep up the good work John, he represented the sleeve well, even answered some questions for pre-op...u ok w/ that John?

As always Colie, was fun with you, who is workin this band...SOON to be in ONEderland!

Heather honey, u so brave, couldn't help but to share your journey, how well you are doing...still waiting on the wedding pic from sat & how good u looked!

April, even tho time keeps u from here, u looked wonderful, momma, keep up the good work, so good to SEE & HEAR how u are bouncing back...with the band!!! Your story is a blessing and motivating others sooooon! Even now!

Ali & Laurel, a pleasure meeting you both...will u come for lunch next time? Laurel, we hope u have someone set up to let us know right after your surgery...our inquiring minds and heart will be a waiting & standing with you! She is on deck...for March 22nd!!! Ali, you are getting gd & ready!

Shout out to ALL our banded sis, we missed SOO much!!!

PAM, MARIA, CAndi, we are worried bout u ladies!

Reggie, thought u might be there and everyone else toooo!

So who is down for the bridge walk in the 'V' this saturday? Nicolie...what time? Jes will u be there, our Queen Bridgewalker? Just a thought...April cant make it til after work, in the afternoon, so what time... we will get to see her on the 20th...at PAT's, we cant wait Pat!

Okay everyone...after the support group...Angel & I had a great talk...our challenge for March is....(after I confessed I had some) NO Girl Scout Cookies! Who is up for it? This is a big one for me, I used to have a connection to order, but no more for me in March!!! Have a blessed day of healthy choices!!! Let's BAND together & work thru our Sleeve of issues, to get healthy,,,Spring hopes eternal!!! :w00t:

Edited by roseyyyd1

Morning! My son did well this morning, we goy home about an hr. ago. He is still lopy and grumpy from the meds but happy to be home :w00t: Thanks everyone for your good thoughts!!!!

On a side note the admiting nurse wanted to charge me the $1,775 deductable for the surgery and I told her that I will only pay $175 and she can bill me the rest :) And it worked so I will be doing the same for my surgery! so 7.5 lbs left ...

Hey Donna!

It was good to speak with a few people considering Sleeve and one person who was going to Mexico next month for it.

Gathering up my oversize clothes this week and will donate them to charity. Looking forward to see what old clothes I fit it. :w00t:

Good news Ashley!!!!!!! Few more weeks and you can make the next step for a surgery date! Glad your son is doing well.

Morning everyone.

Next year I will know to just donate some cash to the girl scouts and NOT to buy any darn cookies! I thought I could resist but I did break down and ate a few. They tasted so good but the guilt I had following tasted horrible.

Sounds like the few that have checked in today are doing good. Next month I am going to lunch! lol

I have more good news!!!!!

I got my psych date!!!!!!!!

3/11/10 @ 9:30

Awesome Ashley! Whoo hooo for all the good news today! Your son is doing great and you are moving to the next steps. :w00t:

Thanks Donna. I will be sure to put lunch on my schedule for next meeting. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone better. I will have my hubby Bob post to let everyone know how I do with the surgery on the 22nd. Only 21 days left to go until I start my new post band life. I am much calmer now that I have met with and talked to so many of you. I have made the right decision for me.

Someone is going to get some killer clothes at the next clothing exchange. My secret (well really not so secret vice) is shopping. I have an excuse though as I am on television every Monday and need to wear something I haven't worn before don't I??? I am ready to retire my size 20's though. I can't wait!

Laurel

YAYAYAYAYAYAYA ASHLEY!!!!! Im doin the happy dance for you girl!!! Its all gunna be so quick from here you watch! Im so excited for you.

Me however, Im still at a standstill. I am going to go back to the gym today and do the treadmill. Im tired of walking around the neighborhood. Im ready to get back into it. One more week on stage 3 and then on to real food lol. Im actually doin ok as far as food on this stage just not losing much because I added actual food into my diet. Oh well It will kick back into gear!

I am making a mini goal to be down 10-15 more lbs by the 19th which is my Doc Who Appointment. 10 more will be total 20 and 15 will be 25 so we will see.

How is everyone today? the glue came off most of my scars and let me tell you they look so nice!! YAY Doc Who!!

Candra how ya doin girl?

Mo, me and Tam Tam are going to walk this Sat in the big V and we invited EVERYONE who wants to come. Im not sure what time yet. Im thinking early like 11 or so. tam tam, Donna, Jes, candra, and whoever wants to go what time works for ya'll??

Operation clothes downsize part 1 complete! Went through a closet and filled three large garbage bags. Salvation Army is coming tomorrow for pickup. Tonight my private clothes cop and I will review some more clothes. I used to be in a 54-56 and now 46 is a little loose. Six draws, two shelves and one more closet to go through. Most of what’s remaining I’ll keep to downsize into.

Congrats Ashley!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Hello All,

Ashley-So glad to see that your son did well and is happy to be home.

Not planning to go to Richmond Wedensday. These meetings are getting to be a bit much. Maybe once per month???

Satuday is hair day so I won't make the V. Next time. Plus, I'm going out Sat Night and have to get ready. It's girlz night out.

So exhausted, it's Monday. Gotta run....TTYL