Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Pat ~ What the heck is with the cheese? ! Can't wait for you to be on the next stage, I hope you do better then me on it, I am having one hellav a time on it thats for sure. Also, I went from a 46C to a 40C! so we are in the same kinda boat!

Did my 2 mile walk, then walked around Target, my shape up shoes are awesome.

oh and I kinda wanna get a weight check tomorrow but I dunno...LOL I told myself wait till my march appt. with Baggs.

ooooh Pat send me that receipe please!! I feel your pain on going back to work, im back tomorrow. Gunna go get in bed now. Have a good night everyone...

(I crave cheese too) weird lol.

Happy Bandannivery Riley!! Wow I so remember that day I can't believe it has been a year!!

Candy: Glad to hear your fill is going well. I really need a fill to I haven't have any restriction since October and it is getting old. I think the sleeve is a good thing have your husband do some research.

Mo: Today was not great for me either. I get discouraged with no having a fill and not being able to get one. But I will focus on March for now. I am almost a year out and have less of a fill than when I started. Not what I expected.

Riley/Nicollie: I can't stand the texture of cottage cheese either. Just grosses me out but I wish............cause I know the protien level is good.

I can't be at the meeting this week. I have a training all day for work. I am on some leadership committee and have to do the day long training.

Donna: Where are ya? I haven't seen or online or heard from you in two long.

Ok all I finally got texting so give me your numbers and I can PM mine. I would like to stay in contact more with people for accountability:=)

Maria: I will probably be cancelling my appointment on Friday and trying to trade for March since we have layoffs this week. I emailed Dr. Baggs today to see where he is at with my fills. I am up 7 pounds since October and I am not losing at all. Before that I was losing about 5 a month. So clearly my band is not doing anything right now. But I don't expect him to change his mind....if I can get a fill I will sneak over to Vacaville at lunch and than high tail it back to work before they know I am gone. If not I will call you and you can call for an appointment same time I cancell!! Give me your number and I will let you know if I cancell. Most likely I will!!

Ok ladies I gotta get to bed!

Morning all

I went ahead and changed my ticker to match my scale, screw it! When I see Baggs on March 4th whatever I weigh I will adjust it, but for now, I am going with it!

Back on track today, woke up with a sore throat...urgh!

Hey all - I haven't read to catch up but I'm having a melt down - Today is day 4 of the headache from hell! This morning I woke up with horrible tummy cramps and had to double time it to the bathroom and thougth WTF is going on ... Then It hit me - My headaches are the worst emotional eating trigger - for some reason it hurts more to lay down and when i'm just sitting still it hurts more cuz I'm concentrating on the pain - can't turn on the tv cuz the noise & flickering light would be the death of me so I put on my sunglasses and pace around the house - everybody know when it get's like this they are NOT alloud to even talk to me! So what do I do to distract myself from the pain - EAT - yesterday my niece made her mothers authentic spanish rice & tortillas so I ate that - not problem - raisin bread - no problem - brownies and my husbands rhubarb pie - WHERE WAS/IS RAMBO. I forgot I even had the band! Seriously forgot! Can't even remember what I've been eatig the last three days but I know it's not good!

I have had my maximum permitted maxalt for the MONTH - excederine and last night I cracked open the vicodin from surgery - does nothing for pain but sure helps me sleep - If it's not gone by tomorrow morning I'm going to kaiser for an injection. You can't see me right now but I'm crying - literally balling LOL If I were brave enough, at this point, I'd cut off my head!

I need to learn how to work thru these headaches without the eating - don't even know how to begin to do that!

Edited by Desperate1

Maria: I will probably be cancelling my appointment on Friday and trying to trade for March since we have layoffs this week. I emailed Dr. Baggs today to see where he is at with my fills. I am up 7 pounds since October and I am not losing at all. Before that I was losing about 5 a month. So clearly my band is not doing anything right now. But I don't expect him to change his mind....if I can get a fill I will sneak over to Vacaville at lunch and than high tail it back to work before they know I am gone. If not I will call you and you can call for an appointment same time I cancell!! Give me your number and I will let you know if I cancell. Most likely I will!!

Tina -thanks!! that would be great! is your appt in vacaville on Friday? Mine on March 5 is in vacaville at 10:30am. let me know when you are ready to cancel so we can do it together and you can take mine and I yours. Hey dont get discouraged..you have been so succesful look at your weightloss private message me..or call me thanks again TINA!!:tongue_smilie:

Edited by marquint

okay day one back on track:

Breakfast: 2 oz turkey meat from the deli wrapped with 1 oz cheddar cheese, and 1/4 toast.

Hey Candra - Welcome back! I was wondering what you’ve been up to! Sorry to hear about the headaches! That’s similar to what I had the first 24 hours in the hospital last week. Get better!

Morning all! Resting and sipping my ½ cup cream of chicken Soup. Looking forward to the rain today! Breaks up the boredom. Not used to spending so much time doing nothing. I like the break from work but it’s boring. Not much energy on this stage so it’s good to be off work.

Lee – How are you?

Candra,

I would say that you have tried enough home remedies....go today to Kaiser; you should not be suffering like that. Take care of your headache and don't worry about the food; that will happen as soon as your better.:tongue_smilie:

Candra, you need to get to the bottom of these headaches!!!! If they are at all hormonally triggered, they will be worse while you are losing but better when you get to goal . . whatever the heck they are, you CANNOT function with 4-day-long migraines!!! Can't they send you to UCSF??

OK, so I am totally back with my program! Chris brought over fat-free frozen yogurt last night (he asked first, LOL) and I tasted 1 bite and was done (poor guy had to eat the whole HUGE thing by himself - I am determined!). I want to lose these cravings, which means that I have to cut ALL of the sugar and all of the starchy carbs. I have to quit with the wheat again too; both of my hands are painful & peeling, and I'm having digestive stuff again. So out with flour and sugar, back in with Protein. The PROBLEM is that I have now become super sensitive to soy! It causes me smelly gas to no end, and if I have more than 2 servings it's horribly painful gassy stuff. So I have added poultry back in, I had already added fish back in. No wheat and no soy??? No more vegetarian Riley :-(

Breakfast: 1/2 cup egg beaters with 1/4 cup reduced-fat cheese & tapatio sauce (150 cals)

Tina I will PM you my number so we can do accountability :-)

Good Morning,

Candra, I'm so sorry to read about your headaches. Do you put your hands and feet in hot Water to draw the blood from your head? I had Migraines for 10 years from 7-17 yrs old. They suck! The food may be making it worse. Your body may need to be doing fluids to get rid of toxins. Any idea what triggers the headaches? For me it was always stress. I hope you go to Kaiser and get an injection so that you can rest and recovery.

Pat, loved the bra story.

Tamra, YAY in being back on track. We're too early out to get off track if we want to hit our goals.

John, Last night had the worst diarrhea so I think my body is flushing out the surgery toxins. I think my fever broke in the night and my sore throat is gone. My son left at 6am and I got to sleep a few hours after that. This morning I'm officially back on the clock at work. I'm working from home until next Tuesday afternoon so that I can take breaks as needed. Thank goodness it's just computer work for the most part.

Hey everyone! I don't know a lot of you on here since I haven't been around much since getting pregnant but HELLO!

I'm 31 weeks now and starting to feel like I'm ready to be done being pregnant. This little guy is moving all over and is getting really strong! My weight is still doing well (I've gained about 20 lbs) and my band is treating me good. I have 3.5 cc's in my band (had 8 when I got pregnant and had a couple unfills in the first 3 months).

I have an appt with Dr. Baggs in Vacaville on Friday and I think I'll get a small unfill to get me through the rest of the pregnancy. Everything is so squished inside me now that I've been on the verge of being stuck a few times lately...no fun.

He said I can start getting fills again 6 weeks after I have the baby, so that'll be nice to get that and be able to exercise again and get back on track.

Hope you're all doing well! I was gonna post a preggo pic of me but I can't figure it out...I'll keep trying though. :tongue_smilie:

Take care!