Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Tamra, you ROCK! I hope gramma is ok.

Candra, have you gotten rid of those 18's? Love me some 18's. :(

I just called Kaiser to see if I can schedule a Liz appt. They said not until I'm documented at or below my pre-surgery goal. Darn. It would be great to have an appt that I had to cram for.

I'll be at the meeting tonight. I look forward to seeing some of you!

Hi Lee - Thanks, I hope she is okay too! My mom is waiting now for the Dr to call and let her know whats going on. So far shes had 7 pints of blood added to her body.....urgggggh!!!

I too called Bariactics today to find out how the case manament and nutric appts work and they explained how its a class, blah blah blah and told me congrads on being 4 lbs away....she told me to call back as soon as they are off, I told her I hope its soon and she said she sure it will be :(

Tamra-so sorry to hear about your granny. I wish her happiness. Congrats on the weightloss. You can do that in no time...I tell you I lost the 2lbs I had left in 6 days....Under pressure, I work well...

Lee-what will you be wearing???

I'm coming and will be there early...I hope. I'm leaving at 5:00pm from Pittsburg...Depending on the traffic....

I have on all black....I know....But it's my standard weigh-in outfit.... Not sure if I am going to weigh-in though. I just saw the good Dr. on Monday..... Gotta check my home scale first... I will be pissed if they say that I gained and ounce. I have been working my tail off....Stuck to the Stage 1 diet on Monday, Stage 2 on Tuesday and Stage 3 all day today....If I weighted more...I'm liable to eat and hurt myself tonight...

Food-

Breakfast-coffee with half-in-half, and sugar... 1/2 cup grits

Lunch-1 cup Cream of chicken Soup

Dinner-or what I hope is dinner 2 scrambled eggs and 1slice toast....and I could not finish the eggs....

Just hope I don't eat anything later....I'm feeling pretty tight right now... I may have to drink some Water to free-up some space. I may bring some chicken broth to keep me from overeating later....hummmmmmm?????:(

See you all in a bit..............

have fun tonight guys I am not gonna make it, to much going on over here.

my meals:

Breakfast - 1 shake

lunch - 1/4 roast chicken with salad and ranch. ate some bread too whoops

dinner - will be a shake

I drank 1 gallon Water yesterday and trying to do it again today!

Congrats Tamra on the weight loss! I hope your G-ma's ok.

Monique- Do you work in Pittsburg?

Oh I also want to know like Lee, how do you all do weight checks without making a co-pay?

I had such a funky day with my hubby's grandpa's funeral today. He's not back yet but I had to leave early, I couldn't deal with the drama anymore! But things are looking up I got most of my school issues taken care of today, just a few more lose ends to tie up.

Edited by mama_ash

Ash and Lee for a weight check I just walk into adult medicine and tell them I need a bariatric weight check and they take you. No co pay.

Hi everyone - just checking in. Did not make it to Richmond meeting tonight; I've had the flu since Monday, but have been trying to work so am dragging. Had a rough day when I got home from our walk on Sat. - binged. Riley said she did too as it got close to her surgery date. It is less than 3 weeks away for me and I remember how nervous Maria was. I think I'm headed in that direction! I have my pre-op classes tomorrow.

Tamra - awesome on the weight! You rock. We are going to be doing this together!! So sorry about your grandma - I'll say a prayer.

Good night all.

Thanks Pat and I hope you feel better soon :smile2:

How was the Richmond meeting??

Good evening!!! Back from the Kaiser Richmond Support Group Meeting. It was my first and was good. I think I may go back... Nice seeing Jes, Candra and meeting Lee for the 1st time...Awsome ladies....

Okay so, I went ahead and weighed-in and I guess the scale was not playing with me....I am down a few lbs...I have to go change my ticker. I am also exausted....I am getting ready to go check out the new show I keep hearing about, "One Big Happy Family". I DVR'ed it last night.....

Nighty, night!!!!

Candra, I can't wait to see you too! it has been a looonnng while. Candra size 14, girl you are rocking keep it up.

Tamra, i hope Granny is doing well and congrats on your weightloss!

Thanks Pam!

You guys are all doing well.

B- egg salad

l- ham and mixed veggies and a bag of Chex mix

s- checks mix

D- Beef spinach and potatoes.

I so need to cut down on the carbs. Any quick stop suggestions??

Ashley, I'm so sorry about the funeral today. I hope your hubby is ok.

Tamra, keep us updated on grammy.

Mo, was great to meet you tonight as well. Candra and Jes, great to see you two! Do they have a caffeteria there? Somewhere we could go drink tea for a few minutes after the meeting?

Bev said today that she weighs people - no co-pay on T-W and Th from 9 to 4:30, closed 12:30 - 1:30 for lunch. Just call and make an appt.

Even though my home scale was down, I was up .5 of a pound at the meeting. Difference between 8am with no food and 6pm after a full day in the office. So basically I've maintained over the holidays which pre-surgery, I'm not complaining about. But now it's time to get - it - off!

I stopped at costco on the way home, then came home to eat. 1 chicken breast and 1 pear.

Sweet dreams everyone!

Good Morning

No updates on grandma as of yet.

My scale this morning said I was 251.9!!! holy crap could I really be 1.9 lbs away this morning!?!???!!? I am gonna go to Kaiser again tomorrow morning and do another check LOL!! I am leaving to Reno tomorrow afternoon, can you imagine how happy and excited my trip will be?!?! LOL!

Nicollieeee whats todays weight check for you!?

Good morning my beauties :-)

Proverbs 31 really spoke to me today, I'm posting it because I feel its lessons are directly related to my daily struggles with weight, feeling deprived, emotional overeating, arrgghhh . . . . and everything else! You'll want to skip this post if Christianity offends you for some reason:

The Secret of Contentment

7 Jan 2010

Micca Monda Campbell

"…for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances" Philippians 4:11b (NIV)

Have you ever noticed how overextending yourself tends to bring unwanted pressure into your life? I think we tend to busy ourselves in order to gain more, find acceptance among peers, land a better position, and gain riches of all kinds. Perhaps we live under the illusion that having such riches is what makes a person complete, content, and deliriously happy. Yet, when we discover that's not the case, we're left feeling empty and discontent.

Contentment and security are not found in career titles or in the kind of car we own. The logo on our car only tells others what kind of car we drive — not who we are. True satisfaction, in its purest form, is found in the wealth of who God is and the riches He graciously lavishes upon us.

Recently God's been showing me that when I constantly want more than He has given me, it reflects a heart that is discontent. What I'm saying to God is, "I'm not satisfied with what You have provided for me. I want more." In wanting more, I place undo pressure on myself in an attempt to get what God hasn't provided. Naturally, anxiety is the result when I focus on things other than God and His will for my life.

The pressure to have more and do more can lead us down paths we never intended. In our attempt to fill the vacuum of our empty souls, we discover that external luxury is only a cheap substitution for spiritual wholeness. As our key verse points out, Paul knew the secret of finding contentment. "…for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances."

Take note that Paul wrote these words in a high stress situation as he sat in jail awaiting a verdict for a crime he d idn't commit. I don't know if I could find contentment if I were in his sandals. I would probably strum my wooden cage with a rock singing pitifully, "Nobody knows the trouble I've seen. Nobody knows my sorrow." Finding contentment doesn't mean we have to like our current situation, but it may require an appreciation for it. Let me explain.

Paul learned that the fruit of contentment is developed when we are thankful for what God has provided whether we like it or not. That's because peace isn't the absence of pressure. It's the presence of God and our attitude toward His provision in the midst of our stress. By expressing gratitude, Paul experienced richness of being, not having.

I realize you may be in a hard place right now and you're longing for freedom. Maybe you're in a job that feels like a dead end; perhaps you have two of them! It may be that you live in a space too small for your family and you hate it. You're not where you planned or hoped to be and you cert ainly don't like it.

The truth is, we don't have to like where we are or what we have, but if we will choose to thank God for His provisions regardless of our feelings toward them, we'll experience the same contentment Paul encountered.

We must understand that being thankful doesn't mean that God will eventually remove us from our situation. He may; He may not. Rather, being appreciative sets us free from the desire to have and lets us rest in the riches of contentment. And when we reach a place of contentment, we don't need earthly riches galore. God becomes our greatest treasure. In Him, we have everything we need.

Dear Lord, things could always be worse. I'm grateful for what You've provided for me. Fill me with Your peace so that I may be truly content in Your blessings. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

© 2010 by Micca Campbell. All rights reserved.

37263643-3859533390151991591?l=proverbs31devotions.blogspot.com

Proverbs 31 Ministries

616-G Matthews-Mint Hill Road, Matthews, NC 28105

877-P31-HOME (877-731-4663)

Peace!</H1>

very nice Riley!! I sent it to my mom :smile2:

Okay fyi after my shower I was 250.4! haha! I am going to kaiser first thing tomorrow morning for a weight check!!!

Hi all, just checkin in, I am doing well...Candra, I will call you! Just wanted to say congrats Tamra, I have been following your journey (u should print all your posts for the start of a book, hehe!) and u are gonna rock the band!

I am so encouraged daily as I read our posts, keeps me going while life has been crazy lately! Love you alllll!