Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Heather - the EG Kaiser support group is Mondays - I think it is at 7 pm but I am not sure. I can't make it tonight as I don't have anyone to watch my kids.

I felt better mentally yesterday - took my daughter to a birthday party at Funderland by the zoo.

Thanks for missing me Tina - I really should have gone- it would have made me feel better.

Riley - it doesn't sound like you have a "man" but instead a "boy" - whining already - doesn't he realize what a great person you are?

I think part of my issue is I still have not resolved my deal with my teacher friend. I asked him if we could talk without kids around and he said sure - hoping to have that talk this weekend. My daughter is off track the month of Nov and so is he.

My food today is - oatmeal for Breakfast, shrimp for lunch, and I have an applesauce.

Hi all! Checkin in before I get too busy here at work. It is a bit depressing to log on today and have this thing point out to the world that I am 48! Durn it all . . . .

Having full caffeine this morning, I am bad. A big americano, black. YUM. But I am actually feeling physically hungry this morning, and that has not been happening for the last few days. Maybe it'll go away . . . or maybe I should eat, LOL!

Pat hunny thanks so much for searching high & low for those 10s! I am starting to give away 12s so they won't help much. Hey it sounds like our girls here are planning a walk in Vallejo on the 14th, that's a Saturday do you want to go? I can drive to your house & we can go from there? I really need to see everyone again!

Who needs jeans?? I have over 20 pairs of jeans, from 12s down to 5s - ay caramba. I will wear SOME of them but I can't possibly wear them all - 2 or 3 pairs in circulation at any one time is enough since I don't even wear them on workdays. Mostly blue denim, also a white pair, tan, black and bright red.

Pammie I am so glad you are feeling better!! Happy Monday :-)

Happy Monday!! Headed off to work.

Down another pound today. Loving this losing streak it is about time!! :-)

Busy week and headed to Pinole on Thursday. Still not sure about a fill but I can tell I am getting looser I am not feeling as much restriction as last week............I figure I won't go back to see Dr. Baggs until December so I probably need to go in and see him this week regardless if I get a fill or not............I am down 10 pounds from my last fill 4 weeks ago. So I should NEED a fill about now..........just not sure yet!! 6cc's is scary number for me!!:-)

Woo-hoo, go Tina! You are a permanent resident of onederland!!!

Re: to fill or not to fill . . . girlfriend, 2 days ago you were thinking about asking for an unfill!! You are still not eating more than half the time . . . . I would make him a deal, that if you take no fill this week he will make you an appointment RIGHT THEN for a fill in 2 or 3 weeks. he always tells me that I can just let him know if I need a fill sooner and he'll get me in, but it is always over a month by the time I'm feeling like I need a fill until there is an opening to see him!

Oh and you know he can do little increments too, right? Not a whole .5? My last one was .25, and he can go lower. . . .

Riley I know it takes forever to get in for a fill so that is why I am thinking I should go ahead...........

So far today I am not feeling alot of restriction. Ate yogurt and a protien shot this morning. Not hungry. After I try to eat lunch I will know what kind of restriction I have........yogurt was a problem a few days ago. So I don't know yet about a fill. But yea I do think if I get one I need to go .25cc's since I am so close and or at my sweet spot........I think .5cc's is to much for me right now.......

Well see how it goes the next couple of days. I have a hard time knowing when I need a fill and when I need to leave things alone.........every day with the band is different. Sometimes to tight than perfect than no restriction...........LOL. Darn hormones I guess.......

Hey girls! Just checking in and saying hi. I've been reading but don't have much to post in the way of weight loss. :cryin:

I'm 14 weeks now and just felt some baby flutters for the first time last night. It lasted for about 10 minutes so I'm pretty sure that's what it was! So cool.

My weight is still doing well, we find out the sex on December 1st...can't wait! I'm busy this week with 3 halloween parties and getting our costumes ready for Saturday. It'll be a really fun week!

Hope you're all doing great! :wink2:

GoOd MoRnInG LaDiEs!!!!!!!!! Happy happy monday... yeah right I am not even awake yet. LOL.

I just want to say how fantastic it was to meet and get to know you ladies! You all rock! Candra... you are crazy like us and I love it! Heather... you have to know you kick butt, I am inspired by you and seriously give you major credit for your accomplishment and attitude! Marie... your a beautiful spirit and will totally succeed in this. Tina... I am so glad to have met you and your daughter, I am still laughing at her embaressment~ she is tooo cute, you are a definite inspiration! Donna... you are great, I have so much to learn from you.

I want all of you to know that Nicole and I are blessed to have this support system. We dont have much family and feel that we are surrounded by support, inspiration and knowlege by all of you women, even those we have yet to meet. Thank you for that!!!!!!

Countdown until orientation we have 8 days to go... it is all we think about. I am gonna go crazy just thinkin about it. hahahahhaha ;p ...~SmOoCheS

Good Mon morn...lovely ladies & John!

Thank you all once again, for your caring & support during this time, it means soooo much!

Sat was such a blast, so good to be home, and so cool to meet Maria, Nicolie & Liz! I agree you all do fit in with us! We sure laughed alot..i.e. out front Mimi's! Oh Pam & April, Nicole and Jes, and all, we sure missed our sisters...but we were 7 strong!

Tina-lookin good, good to see Michaela, pls be careful to get nutrients in vs losing, ie your stress & immune system!

Candra cutey-I can see the loss, you are even moving lighter! Thanks for the purse, gonna use Thurs when out w/ hubby & boss for dinner! Cant wait til we go a shoppin!

Heather honey-our lil but mighty sis...glad to see you, pls let me know when 'seein' Doc...I will go, you GO girl!

Maria-so cool to meet, enjoyed your 'studyin', quiet but strong...you are soooo ready! We are here for you, ask ALL you want, even express the 'ifs', we be yo Sisters of Surgery! (SOS)

Liz- you & Nicole are so cute...BFF AND Band Buddies, you both are ready for orientation and then more!

Nicolie - girl you go, congrats on droppin your first dead weight...the smokin! Enjoyin your spunk & support for all, now it is time to start takin care of YOU!

Pammie-Dont withdraw...sometimes what I do, and then fall prey to not so good choices. WE R here for you!

Riley woman, Pat, Jessy J, and all, are you all game for the 14th of November? We want time w/ you all and are a coming up! Sounds like Riley rounding y'use up! What time is best for yall? So all who can go...November 14th at the Vallejo Bridge for a walk, then lunch/early dinner? Pic time!

Hope everyone else is doing well, just a thought:

Consider the interests of others around you - def be a servant & kindhearted, caring, BUT DON'T FORGET -

that if you're not taking care of YOU, it's going to be harder to be at your best so you can care for others!!! :wink2:

Morning everyone! I finally went to the gym today. I wouldnt say I worked my butt off but put in 20 minutes of cardio. Tomorrow will be better.

I feel icky today..I had such a fun weekend I'm sure that's why I feel this way..for some odd reason I want sushi.. but I'm ignoring that becuase I know the cals are horrible.

"Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow.

You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find joy in overcvoming obstacles.

Remember, no effort that we make to attain something beautiful is ever lost"

~ Hellen Keller

Just some inspiration for our day Ladies...

~When I find myself fading,

I close my eyes and realize

my friends are my energy.

~Good friends are good for our health.

~But friendship is precious,

not only in the shade,

but in the sunshine of life,

and thanks to a benevolent arrangement

the greater part of life is sunshine.

~Gratitude~

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.

It turns what we have into enough, and more.

It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order,

confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.

Gratitude makes sense of our past.

Brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.

~Melody Beattie

Hey all, can ya give me a hand -

I have a banded friend up here, Joy Marie is her name (beautiful isn't it??) she is a doll, was banded 3 months ago and has recently had her 3rd fill. She lost weight right after surgery, but not one bit since. She is very frustrated! She is in a wheelchair so is real limited as to what she can do for excercise . . . she does not have Kaiser so does not have the benefit of all of our education and support. So a couple weeks ago she was telling me what she was eating, and it was a lot of liquids and sliders! uh-oh. Riley to the rescue . . .

I told her I would ask you guys for your opinions - what are the best band foods? Fill you & keep you full for at least 3-4 hours. . . . being vegetarian my "best" is probably too weird for her, so what do you guys think? I know it's different for everyone, but thought we could give her some ideas. Peanut Butter? tuna fish?

I also told her to come on here and meet us, I hope she did! HI JOY MARIE!!!

OK enough. I told the boy "just friends." I cannot handle dating a guy who I find embarrasingly 'dumb.' Is that elitist? I don't care; I don't know what I was thinking going out with him in the first place. Nice body I guess. But dumb as a rock, too sensitive and he SMOKES. Who needs it? I want better for myself.

Anybody doing eHarmony? I did it a few years back, nothing ever really came from it - I never posted any pics cause I was too scared of the camera(!) - but I liked their process, and it seemed really safe. If I do it, will you guys help me with pics? I'm sorta LAME like that :-)