Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Ohh Terry that WAS fun!!! I miss it :thumbup: :glare:

I can't wait till June.. or April for that matter hehe.

Russell was breathing on me last night, I kept wanting to tell him to roll over, but I felt bad because he was being like a kid.. kept moaning and whining and asking me to fix it, and grabbing my arm and whining some more. I got him gatorade & chili, he was able to keep it down last night, but he woke up throughout the night sick and this morning he is still sick.

Uh, Mom? Just an FYI here....normally you don't give someone CHILI after they've been throwing up all day. (You'll need to know this later.) Clear Soups, broth, little bit of banana, dry toast, saltines, applesauce. No Fat. No Dairy. No Spice. No Acid. No meat. K?
Hi everyone :thumbs_up:
That's IT?????????? Just "Hi everyone" with a stupid little wavey icon? Hmmmph.
And I just spit up a piece of corndog I had at 6pm yesterday. You'd think I'd have felt that bouncing around in there..
Mmmmm nom nom nom.

JANE -- When did you lose 9# ????? Hot doggie!!!!

LOL Terry.. I kind of knew that in the back of my head, but I was at Wendy's??? I thought, "I should give him chicken noodle Soup or something", but Wendy's doesn't sell that... BUT I did get him extra saltines! He ate a lot of those. The rest of what you said I didn't know tho, I kind of figured no spices or dairy, but didn't know about meat.< /p>

Man, I did a great workout this morning and I've had 800 cal today and I am as HUNGRY AS A MOFO!!! I need some food...and fast. That lean pocket DID NOT cut the mustard today, but in days past, it holds me pretty good. I want something...

Laura.....FFR (for Future Reference!) following vomitting or diarrhea they reccomend a BRAT diet--easy to remember because by the time they feel well enough to eat, the word BRAT fits because they have hit the whiny stage!!

B-Bananas

R-Rice

A- Applesauce

T- Toast

The bananas and Rice actually have a compound in them that relaxes the stomach,and coats it, and the toast is absorptive, so it helps with all the excess acids from the illness. And I was told the purpose of the applesauce and forgot it!!

Also clear soda like 7-up --as it absorbs through the stomach lining....but only in very small sips.

Good Luck with the cat!

They are remodelling our local Safeway store....it is a huge mess. BUT....they are also discontinuing tons of stuff to bring in new things. So I just come home with probably 15 stuffed bags, for under $50.00!!!

Buying big jars of chicken bouillon powder for .15 cents! I use it in sauces a lot! Double packs of the Chef Boyardee pizza kits for .45 cents---thought the kids would like the making their own pizza. And then I can make it with tons of toppings, and eat it!!! LOL

Several flavors of Jello pudding for a quarter a 4 pack, bought up a bunch to send home with all the grandkids. Nestles chocolate milk mix for .57 cents for the large container! Bought that for the kids too. All kinds of things. I bought up a bunch of the staple kind of things for Manda since she is just setting up house again. They gave me a Lonney Tunes reusable shopping bag since I spent over $50. I use my own all the time, but did not have enough today---so they gave me the one, and now Kinsey wants to go shopping again so she can fill it up......I don't think so!

By the time Manda gets off I figure a good portion of the buys will be gone, and my DIL is home sick, she is having bouts of all day sickness!

A couple of days ago she was complaining of crampy feelings, and yesterday she woke up spotting some. She was borderline hysterical!

I told her about Manda doing that and that the Dr said it was likely just the embryo implanting itself, as the cramps were a sign of it moving through the falopian tube. She went to her Dr. and he agreed. Said there is always a chance it is something else, to just take it easy, and rest for a couple of days. I told her that meant to quit carrying Connor everywhere, the boy weighs a ton!!! LOL

I was reading an article that said you could take a childs height at 2 years of age and double it and it would predict their eventual overall height. If it is true, Kinsey is going to be in the neighborhood of 5'4" tall. And Connor will be 5'9" tall. Which is not bad considering his Grandpa on their Moms side is maybe 5'5". In my family that seems really short for a man------but my Dad is 6'5" and has many relatives taller than he is!! Kinda cool....I looked back in Manda's baby book and it says she was 35" tall when she was 2, which would have put her between 5'8" and 9" and she is right there! Wierd!

Well Kinsey has a grandma who is not even 5' tall, so she is gonna be ok, in the middle!

Gotta go, Rick is raving on the phone again! LOL

Kat

uh yeah... i meant to comment when i saw that too... how did he even eat it? when I'm barfing the last thing i want to do is put something like chili in me... usually all i want is popsicles. try giving him a popsicle...

oh i just learned this about height. when you extend your arms out you are exactly the same height as your arms extended tip to tip... oh my did i make sense?

My afternoon's mantra: "I will not volunteer for any PTA Board positions ever again. I will not volunteer for any PTA Board positions ever again."

Ugh. I hate slogging through the ALWAYS LATE treasurer's report and trying to "forecast" our balancing of the budget + dealing w/whiney people's issues... bleh!! After tonight's meeting, there will be only 4 MORE & then I'm DONE!!

I've been VERY good today w/eating... I'm saving my cals for a dt. cran & vodka when I get home after the meeting!!! :)

Ha! I just thought I read that wrong... about the chili... I figured I must've glanced through the sentence & I thought I saw "chili" but who would give chili to a barfing person? Ay yi yi Laura! "Brat" diet all the way!!

LOL!! Sorry mommies, I'm new at this!

I got him chili, cause he was whining about how hungry he is, and I thought chili would fill him up without having to eat a whole lot.. plus all the saltines.

The 2 year old height thing, etc.. is true, I learned that in my child development class. Also, under 2 years old, they can't reach the top of their head! Maybe I forgot what the thing was, it was something neat like that.. maybe that's what it was. I had it in my head then I went to type and it fluttered away. Something they can't reach that people can do, as a baby. Yeah.. anywho. Going to make a broth Soup for dinner..

Laura - I was cracking up when I read that and my second reaction was the same as everyone else... my first thought was it is his own fault for telling a pregnant woman he is starving - you never know what you are going to get... LOL

and... you got extra saltines:wink_smile::)

how is everyone's night

Jane... 9lbs... conrats!

i'm off to take a pain pill, i'm not going tonight without, i felt horrible every time i moved last night

Good lord Terry.... :) is better than the one giving you the single digit salute! LOL Truth of the matter is I got sidetracked an thought to myself I will brb to post more and didn't get the chance until now...so, THERE! :D

I loved the pic Terry posted..notice I had an empty cup in front of me and one I was finishing off...no wonder :D It was a blast though!!!

Neck is a little better but my shoulders are still stiff. It will just take a while I guess.

Hey...where is Judy?

Have a great night everyone!

MICHELLE, This is for you!

funny-pictures-cat-threatens-to-edit-your-face.jpg

Going to make a broth Soup for dinner..
Good Mommy!!!