Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

morning gals

i gained a stupid lb yest, but when i was sitting in the er at 2am with my bff's and her daughter, i felt my hands swelling.

just ate some egg beaters and 1 slice of 2% cheese, stupid 110 cals and 16g pro .... pb'd like crazy... guess i'm going to go to the shakes again.

i'm heading out for a walk, 3 hrs of not good sleep so i'm going out before i don't want to move but i don't want to break it at day 2

have a great day everyone

Good morning, Violets..

Lazy day here today. No Ethan, no hospital shift, no nuthin. I'm going to plant the flower boxes and containers today and get in some swimming and biking before my singing rehearsal tonight. The sun is out and it's 52 degrees. Hopefully it will warm up a bit more before I get in the pool. Bob is at his morning coffee get together and I'm just chillin' here. Michelle.. welcome home! And just a short time until you are a free woman. And then a week after that we're off to Alabama for some Carson time.

Grady will be here tomorrow while his mom gets a haircut, but I will be at flute rehearsal so the Bobster will have Ethan AND Grady to contend with. Should be interesting!!

Haydee, hope you got home ok.

Tracy, Jane, Jenn and everyone else on the June -5 challenge... hang in there, keep up the good work and I intend to too!!

Everyone have a great day. Be good to yourselves.

California crew.. we need MORE pictures!!!!!

Hello Vi's,

I had an OB visit yesterday where they talked about inducing me the time before. Turns out that with the fetal heart monitoring and the ultrasound, the baby scored a 10 out of 10 so no need for being induced unless I really wanted it. I didn't want to be induced. I have a presentation on micro-lending in Bangladesh and how women's rights were impacted using catholic social theory. Who would want to miss that, right???

Actually it is really strange that I have such mixed emotions. Of course I wanted everything to be perfect and for it to be unnecessary to be induced and to have control over it. So why did I feel sad about it afterwards . . . maybe I just was excited to finally see her or to be done toting around a huge whopping belly again after working so hard to get rid of it before, lol.

Oh well . . . I guess she will come when she comes and not a moment before.

My husband cooked dinner last night on the grill. It was a casserole kind of dish with potatoes, eggplants, chicken legs, fresh garlic, jalepenos and bell peppers, with Tomato and pepper paste mixed in chicken broth. He went through all this effort to make me a special dinner and I wasn't even hungry . . . then I took a bite, lol. It was absolutely wonderful and I went from 0 hunger to eating two helpings lol. It was hot & spicy but burned just right and was pretty healthy if you go light on the potatoes.

I also worked yesterday, spent 2.5 hours at the OB clinic, spent about 2 hours on a paper for class, did two loads of laundry, renewed my gym membership and planted tomatoes and peppers with my DH. I can't believe I had such a productive day (my typical energy levels would maybe, just maybe, allow me to make it through 2 of these tasks, lol).

So now everyday I wake up and think . . . is today the day???

I am all for the -5 pounds a month as soon as this baby pops out, lol. I really work best with goals. I have a feeling I might be able to take off at least 5 pounds for June with no effort, lol . . . but that is kinda like cheating, right?

Laura, Carson doesn't look like a newborn anymore, lol. He is a baby now. It is strange how quickly it changes.

Hi everyone!! Yes, I finally made it home. Just about an hour before Michelle did, I think. I missed my connecting flight because the plane out of Palm Springs left late because of technical difficulties. Then the plane that was supposed to leave out of DFW was having difficulties too so we left late from there. I was so happy when I finally saw my honey. He smelled so so good and yummy!

And he was so surprised that I brought him In and Out! They held up fantastically and he ate one sitting in the pickup lot at the airport, LOL. The other two he waited until we got home and I warmed them up in the oven for him...

My babies missed me so much and couldn't stop licking me when I got home.

I had so much fun in Palm Springs and Pam and Susanne were such gracious hosts. I'm already making plans so I can see them soon :frown:

Michelle my belle filled you in on all the goings on so I won't regale you with that again. Our trip home was a little bit more subdued. We both were thinking about what our to-do list was going to be like and were sad about leaving pam behind...

I'm at work this morning with piles of stuff everywhere so I better get to work... I'll try to pop in and out...

Morning Girls~

Terry...how are things w/ you? Been thinking about you and hope you are "doing ok"...even sounds bad typing it cause I can't imagine you are "ok"...purple love sista!

Well, back to work. We are going to Las Casuelas (great Mex place) for a retirement party tonight. I will be sipping diet coke! I am done for a while...but will be ready in Bama for a drinky poo! The retirement party is from 4-6, but we are going early, and then going to leave about 4:45 to go see this HORROR movie, Drag Me to Hell! I am sure I not sleep well tonight! Stef is going w/ us! That should be a fun night...maybe I should have a margie!

Other than that...count down to WONDERLAND! 8.5 days to go! I can't wait!!

I miss the girls! Susanne loved 'em too!

I hope to do the -5, but havent been working out during the week (for some reason, I can not wake up that early). If I do I do...if not, then I will be fabulous anyway!

Heather...you should milk this pregnancy thing. You'll be doing laundry for years to come. REST AND CHILLAX! Your presentation sounded cool!

Jen...exercise is the BEST mood elevator!! Rock the ipod and have fun! Good to see you posting!

Judy...your window boxes sounded sooo great! I wish I could grow/have flowers. One drawback of living in the desert. They grow everywhere, but after last years expensive lesson...forget it!

Kat...hope all is well in your world. You always have so much going on! Take care of yourself too!oxoxo

Susie...loved the pix of the dolphin, looked like a postcard pix or an advertisement for a pool company!

The kids are working on Power Point presentations of the countries they researched...so we are in the math lab all day! Should of brought my book. I am reading a new one called, Made in the USA by Billie Lutts. IT IS SO GOOD!! I am only on ch 5 but I love it so far.

xoxoox:biggrin:

Good morning, my head is still pounding, but my cold is a bit better. I am going into work, but not happy!! I have a busy day so hopefully it will go by fast!!

Really I am making it sound worse than what it is....

I was thinking that if you were late Haydee, that Juan could get a serious case of food poisening, glad you got there on time!!

It sounds like all had too much fun in CA this weekned, that is so neat, and I am glad for you all!!

I hope all has a good day!!

pam - i forgot i was gonna borrow a book from you yesterday! I would have finished reading it by the time I got home after spending all day at the airport, LOL

It's 11am and I'm barely eating something for Breakfast. Pam's already had her lunch!

I'm all in for this -5. I'm back to hating myself in pictures and that's not a good thing...

I'm having low fat yogurt with granola. For lunch I'm gonna go get me a big ol salad with grilled chicken on top. I had one at the pool at the hotel and I can't get it out of my head, it was so yummy...

Tonight I have one wedding appointment with a girl that is getting married next month and then I'm taking my bike out and riding. No more slothiness!!

LOL, jane. Juan's tummy is made of Iron. He's eaten stuff with fuzz on it before and nothing's ever made him sick... I know, gross!

Okay I am trying not to panic here, but I just erased ALL OF 2009 on my excel spreadsheet!! I keep track of EVERYTHING I buy for work, how much a make, drs bills etc...............

It is not like it is gone for good because I still have the hard copies of the items, but oh my gosh all that time doing it!!!

Off schedule today, russ is working 3rd shift tonight so he can fix the csr's computers while they aren't there.. so he's sleeping and i stayed home, now im about to go pick up more formula and the pics from the photographer..woowoo.

Since I didn't get anything for mother's day (hrmph) I made myself a ring.. only $100 (10k white gold with simulated gemstone).. It's a simple band and instead of just carson's birthstone (diamond-white), I got Russ & Me on there too.. our birthstones all go together well! Purple, green and white. I should be getting it any day now, yay.

Macy is all graduated....i had a little piece of cc cookie with icing but i need to go throw the rest of that sinful thing in the trash!!!

Oh No Jane:sad:...I hope you can recover the data. Thank goodness you made hard copies.

Congrats Mom on Macy gradumacating! My nephew graduated from preschool and I got the cutest picture of him in a cap and gown! Did Macy get pix too!

OK...kids kicked my ass today...I am tired and I need to nap, but that is not gonna happen. Perhaps a piece of choc. will help!

way to go tracy! I haven't had excess sugar today other than what was in my yogurt! Just got back from lunch. I was so busy I went so late... I had triscuits with turkey slices and a slice of pepper jack cheese.< /p>

Also this morning I made 4 cups of green tea and i stuck them in the fridge. I've had two cups over ice already. No sugar. I have to suck them down with a straw because it's not my favorite but hey, at least i'm getting them in my body. I read in one of Michelle's fancy granola magazines that green tea is a super food. Helps your metabolism, your skin, helps you lose weight, on and on...

laura - post pics of your ring, i'd love to see it!

we gave my mom a ring for mother's day and juan's mom got some earrings. they both loved them...

janey - sorry about your spreadsheet... that sucks big time...

pammy - headache, so no lascas?? he he he. I wouldn't miss it if i were you...

can you tell busy with boring work??? ugh, i can't stand this right now...

Speakin' of work.......

This new sales girl (she use to be in a different dept., and she's not very good at sales..)

Anyway, we're offering a new product.. whenever we do a new product for the first time we keep a lot of samples so that we can send them out to existing customers when they ask.

So, I am on a wild goose chase trying to find the samples; and find out this sales girl took the entire box of samples and hid them in her office. Like they are hers.

So I go and ask for a pack (each pack is 25, and there's 4 packs). She says NO. NO! Oh my goodness. I gave her the look of, you're gonna regret sayin no, but you better give me a pack cause I'm gonna get one, one way or another.

So she finally gives me one and gets all huffy and pissy. She only has like 10 customers, and she thinks she needs all 100? Not to mention, she has no right to hoarde ANY samples.. especially something new, that all sales people need to send out right now.

Couldn't believe it.