Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

december 15th banders come on down;-)

Rose, I was ready a book and said if you are stuck eating friend chicken, make sure you take off the skin and coating. There is more calories and fat in that. China, Don't stress yourself with the scale. I had a stand still for about 2 weeks but keep plugging forward and it is starting to drop again. Well we made it to friday. Funny when we have a extra day on the weekend, the longer the short week feels longer too. I can't believe monday we will all be 6 weeks out. Remember until we hit the sweet spot, we are on are own with weight loss. I am looking for alternatives when I have to have something. Hope everyone is feeling good. Laurel:thumbup:

Hang in there China sometimes you loose inches and not lbs. and remember that if you are working out muscle weighs more. Hang in there and stay focused and on track.

im trying ladies i really am. i know what you mean about the alternative. i love Peanut Butter Cookies so i some times eat those 100 calories peanut butter cookies by nabisco. and they really help me out and fill me up. i have noticed that i do eat alot less then what i use to eat. i enjoy the band its cool. i have been reading this book called lapband surgery every thing you need to know before and after surgery. and im learning some things. i was thinking about going to a food theropist. does anyone else do this.

Rose, I was ready a book and said if you are stuck eating friend chicken, make sure you take off the skin and coating. There is more calories and fat in that. China, Don't stress yourself with the scale. I had a stand still for about 2 weeks but keep plugging forward and it is starting to drop again. Well we made it to friday. Funny when we have a extra day on the weekend, the longer the short week feels longer too. I can't believe monday we will all be 6 weeks out. Remember until we hit the sweet spot, we are on are own with weight loss. I am looking for alternatives when I have to have something. Hope everyone is feeling good. Laurel:thumbup:
Hang in there China sometimes you loose inches and not lbs. and remember that if you are working out muscle weighs more. Hang in there and stay focused and on track.

Hi China, Laurel and Rose, I can't believe also that we will be 6 weeks on mon. When I started in Aug, I never thought I would get here. And it is a great tool! I really don't think there will be a chance of gaining a bunch of weight back when we are at our goal, not like we used to--speaking of myself!:scared2: Three of us get a fill next week and Rose you were a great example for us--thanks.

Good luck to all of you on your fills next week. I do feel more restriction now than I did the actual day that I got the fill. I have stepped up my work out alittle to an hour a day. I am just feeling so much more energy than I ever did before the surgery. I had some tuna today and it did not go down to well. That might be a no no food for me. I will wait awhile and give it another try.

wow and i was just getting into the egg salad. i hope im still able to eat that and the chicken salad. i eat tuna one in a while but, not often. guess we will play the what works game again. i hope its not much that i cant eat as i cant eat alot of foods now. due to food allergys. i know after surgery i dont eat pudding much or squash for some reason. how that everyone has been banded does food taste different to you. i noticed things i use to eat dont taste good any more.

Good luck to all of you on your fills next week. I do feel more restriction now than I did the actual day that I got the fill. I have stepped up my work out alittle to an hour a day. I am just feeling so much more energy than I ever did before the surgery. I had some tuna today and it did not go down to well. That might be a no no food for me. I will wait awhile and give it another try.
Hi China, Laurel and Rose, I can't believe also that we will be 6 weeks on mon. When I started in Aug, I never thought I would get here. And it is a great tool! I really don't think there will be a chance of gaining a bunch of weight back when we are at our goal, not like we used to--speaking of myself!:scared2: Three of us get a fill next week and Rose you were a great example for us--thanks.

Rose, that is great that you are feeling some restriction. China and Matty, I guess we will both learn next week. I am not expecting to feel anything yet as my band was put in with nothing in it. I did get to gym 4 times this week. Next week will be harder as I have a Vet's appt., Dr. appt. and have to go in the middle of one day for my evaluation for work. Well have a great weekend, I have to work tonight for about 5 hours but will enjoy the little extra money I will make.

Laurel

hi everybody,

well we have a few more days before we get our fills. i already have 1.5 in mine that i got during surgery. laurel you have the realize band. what about you allie and matty.

Good luck everyone with your fills. I am definately feeling the restriction. I just hope the weight starts coming off. There are days I get discouraged when I look at everyone elses numbers.

hi everyone well here is my update i went and got on the scale again and it is saying i gained tell me how is that in 3days then i got off and got back on it and it said some thing totally different. so im going to wait and just going to go by the wlc's scale. so i guess i will only be weighing myself once a month now. i guess that is ok. but, for some reasone im not mad or any thing. i think i did get obssed with the scale.

but, im ok now i just have to stop and take a breath and smell the roses.:w00t: but, in any case im excited about tuesday and sorda nervious is anyone else.

Good luck everyone with your fills. I am definately feeling the restriction. I just hope the weight starts coming off. There are days I get discouraged when I look at everyone elses numbers.

I don't think I have the realize band. They never told me. I did ask what size band I had on and the surgeon was kinda of shocked I asked. I am pretty sure I have a 8cc band. I am kinda of excited and nervous about my fill too. My weight is slowly steadily dropping but I am being super careful about food and am excercising a lot. I am only going to wait until I go to Dr. on tues. to post my weight loss. I bought a new scale for home and not sure how it is compares to my Dr's scale. Hope all is having a great weekend. Laurel

Hey folks. Sorry I haven't checked in in so long. I just haven't felt like myself lately. I've been disappointed in my weight loss and actually haven't felt like I even have the band. I get my first fill tomorrow and I'm hoping that starts giving me some restriction.

I did put an update on my blog - Start Enjoying Life

Auggies, I know how you are feeling I feel the same why sometimes. But than I will eat something and it gets stuck and I realise I do have a band. We have to remember it did not take us 6 weeks to gain our weight. It is going to be slow (slower for some people). I keep thinking about what my doctor told me that most people dont start even loosing until they have 7cc in there band. So be grateful for what ever you loose until you reach that sweet spot. Lap Band it a slow process but if we choose the right foods and amounts it does work. I hope this helps. Rose

question laurel do you know if your band was filled with any cc's at time of surgery. if it was filled with some Fluid then you have dont have the relized band but, if its empty then it is the relize band. auggie i understand to how you feel. and we are here for you. i feel like i should have lost way more than i have but, its ok im gone get to my goal sooner or later. im just starting out. and rose i couldn't have said it better. im excited and all.

good luck to those of you that get yours monday auggie and matty i think.

Hey folks. Sorry I haven't checked in in so long. I just haven't felt like myself lately. I've been disappointed in my weight loss and actually haven't felt like I even have the band. I get my first fill tomorrow and I'm hoping that starts giving me some restriction.

I did put an update on my blog - Start Enjoying Life

I don't think I have the realize band. They never told me. I did ask what size band I had on and the surgeon was kinda of shocked I asked. I am pretty sure I have a 8cc band. I am kinda of excited and nervous about my fill too. My weight is slowly steadily dropping but I am being super careful about food and am excercising a lot. I am only going to wait until I go to Dr. on tues. to post my weight loss. I bought a new scale for home and not sure how it is compares to my Dr's scale. Hope all is having a great weekend. Laurel

China,

I will have to ask tomorrow when I go to the Dr. I was told it didn't have anything in it. I am just lucky I have been able to control my own appetite right now. I am just trying to do other things to keep me from getting frustrated and upset. Well off to take 2 of my dogs to the vets. I am missing Water aerobics but plan to go tonight instead. Then tomorrow at 10am at the Dr. Have a great day. Laurel