Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

december 15th banders come on down;-)

Goodmorning Matty,

My doctor did not have me on a preop diet only a day before surgery was I on liquids. My doctor wants me to eat 3 meals a day no matter what....just to make them small meals and Protein first in all the forums I have read I have never heard of any doctor wanting you to skip meals. I think we are trying to be healthy and reprogram our brains to HEALTHY. He also told me that because we dont have alot to loose that it is going to come off alot slower so I am being patient. I am very grateful for this support group. Thank you Laural and China you guys are great.

Hi Rose, I completely agree with you, I don't think starving is a good thing to do for your body or mind. We will all be at our goal someday, I hate to rearange my mind to eat the right way at that point instead of now. I will talk to him when I go in on the 24th. Thanks so much for your help and concern.

hello laurel, rose, matty how is everyone doing today.

me im doing good so how was everyone's weekend. how was the eating. mine was ok i could have been better or course but, im getting better.:huh2: ok question of the day what have you learned about your band so far.

Goodmorning Matty,

My doctor did not have me on a preop diet only a day before surgery was I on liquids. My doctor wants me to eat 3 meals a day no matter what....just to make them small meals and Protein first in all the forums I have read I have never heard of any doctor wanting you to skip meals. I think we are trying to be healthy and reprogram our brains to HEALTHY. He also told me that because we dont have alot to loose that it is going to come off alot slower so I am being patient. I am very grateful for this support group. Thank you Laural and China you guys are great.

Hi Rose, I completely agree with you, I don't think starving is a good thing to do for your body or mind. We will all be at our goal someday, I hate to rearange my mind to eat the right way at that point instead of now. I will talk to him when I go in on the 24th. Thanks so much for your help and concern.

Hello Everyon,

I had a nice weekend....went to see two movies Gran Torino and Last Chance Harvey. I really loved Gran Torino, Last Chance Harvey was okay. I am noticing that I am not having much restriction anymore. I am looking forward to having my first fill on Wednesday. China what I have learned from my bad is that its constant work.

hi everyone hows it going?

we for the question of the day here is my responce. i learned that the band can either just be there and let you eat as you please or it can do its part and allow you to eat some food. if you do your part then it will do its part. its a learnig phase you have to learn to be partners with the band. if you do right by it it will do right by you.:wink5:

but, im really trying to learn how to work with mine. its a learning experience but, im willing to learn.:)

Hello Everyon,

I had a nice weekend....went to see two movies Gran Torino and Last Chance Harvey. I really loved Gran Torino, Last Chance Harvey was okay. I am noticing that I am not having much restriction anymore. I am looking forward to having my first fill on Wednesday. China what I have learned from my bad is that its constant work.

Hi all. I had a good weekend too. Hubby worked on Sat. so I was able to go to Water arobics, grocery shop and just do things my way. Sunday we went out to dinner with SIL. It would have been my MIL birthday. She passed away in May. It was nice not to have to cook. I don't feel my band is giving me any restriction right now. Thank goodness I am in a good frame of mind and eating healthy with proper portions. I don't know how long I can keep it up though. I do have my first fill on 1/27. I had to do 2 weeks of liquid medifast diet before surgery. My weight loss is slow. But I figure if I am eating healthy and excercising. It will come off. Hope everyone is doing well too. I had today off and did 2 water arobics classes and then some running around to do. Hope everyone is having a great day. Laurel

China, The one thing I have learned so far from the band, is I don't have to let food control my life. But it is awful hard work. Eating healthy is also so much harder and expensive than eating poorly. Laurel

hey laurel sorry to hear about your mil passing. i baby pasted in may 20,2004 and i Celebrate his b-day every year some people call it crazy but, i think its sweet. we only maybe let off balloons or some thing in the air or wather for him. that's my way of remembering him:smile: any who i must say it does cost more to eat right than poorly.

was looking at my south beach diet book and was thinking about doing that or the formula 40-30-30 which is a dieabetic diet which im not. the truth is that its harder for me now then when i was just dieting on my own. but, so far it still was worth it:biggrin:

Hi all. I had a good weekend too. Hubby worked on Sat. so I was able to go to Water arobics, grocery shop and just do things my way. Sunday we went out to dinner with SIL. It would have been my MIL birthday. She passed away in May. It was nice not to have to cook. I don't feel my band is giving me any restriction right now. Thank goodness I am in a good frame of mind and eating healthy with proper portions. I don't know how long I can keep it up though. I do have my first fill on 1/27. I had to do 2 weeks of liquid medifast diet before surgery. My weight loss is slow. But I figure if I am eating healthy and excercising. It will come off. Hope everyone is doing well too. I had today off and did 2 Water arobics classes and then some running around to do. Hope everyone is having a great day. Laurel
China, The one thing I have learned so far from the band, is I don't have to let food control my life. But it is awful hard work. Eating healthy is also so much harder and expensive than eating poorly. Laurel

China,

I am sorry to hear you lost a child. I know just having the one 18 yr old not talking to me is hard. I have 4 kids from 25 down to 13. I don't know if I could have handled having to bury one. But I know we all have to move on. I only have my mother left. I know I will be a wreck when she passes. I can call her at any time and she listens to me. Very supportive at that. She is 81. I do have 1 sister I am close to but she lives in Texas. I also have another sister and brother but I really don't get along with them. At one time we had a business together and it all fell apart. It ruined the relationship. I am just glad I met my hubby now. He is my best friend. After a 21 year abuse marriage, it feels great to have a good one. Just my scars from the first one I know have held me back. I am working on healing them. Well, I need to go log my food for the day. Laurel

Hello, Laural, Matty and China, how is everyone doing. I am doing ok had a busy day. I take care of my very ill 76 year old mother that lives with me and she had a bad day. I am getting alittle nervous about my first fill on Wednesday. But I am sure it will go fine. Laurel I am so happy that you found happiness. Its so important to be happy with the man you are with. I am also very lucky I married the man of my dreams 3 years ago and he is so amazing.

hello everyone how is things going,

well laurel it was and is hard to let your child go but, i have 2 other ones to live for. i have to be strong and move on as i know god doesn't put more on us than we can bear. dont get me wrong i do have days where im mad at the world but, when i look at my babies i see him and i feel better. girl you gone make me cry.:wink2:

im much younger than ya but, i can say i know what it is to love some one and to not be loved. yes ladies i have an old heart and soul. i had someone that loved me the way a women should be loved but, i was could up in his looks and let him go due to peer pressure. and have never found that love again. i know my kids father loves me but, we have alot of issues i dont feel the love i want to feel. wow the things we share with each other. i to know what its like to be in an abusive relationship i think that is why him and i have so many issues becuz the old boyfriend hurt me so mad that i will never let that happen so i became very strong and will whoop a mans azz:biggrin: in a minute.

plus its hard to have kids with someone that already has kids its alot trust me. but, in any case im glad you found mr. right. you to rose i look at it like this the other men was just some thing to pass time with they were there to prepare you for the right one.:Dancing_wub: my granny always use to tell me you will know when you have the right one when you see the both of you sitting on the porch old drinking lemonade together. ive never saw that yet, but im young there's still time.

on a brighter not laurel life is to short to hold anger any where. make an effort to comunicate with your siblings evern if its 2x's a year. i know what ya mean about the mothers mines is only 46 and she is the first person i talk to in the morning and the last voice i hear on the phone at nite. she is my best friend:thumbup::Dancing_wub:. yes ladies support is good it really helps

so on that note what are you most grateful for. i will post mine tommorrow

China,

I am sorry to hear you lost a child. I know just having the one 18 yr old not talking to me is hard. I have 4 kids from 25 down to 13. I don't know if I could have handled having to bury one. But I know we all have to move on. I only have my mother left. I know I will be a wreck when she passes. I can call her at any time and she listens to me. Very supportive at that. She is 81. I do have 1 sister I am close to but she lives in Texas. I also have another sister and brother but I really don't get along with them. At one time we had a business together and it all fell apart. It ruined the relationship. I am just glad I met my hubby now. He is my best friend. After a 21 year abuse marriage, it feels great to have a good one. Just my scars from the first one I know have held me back. I am working on healing them. Well, I need to go log my food for the day. Laurel

Hello, Laural, Matty and China, how is everyone doing. I am doing ok had a busy day. I take care of my very ill 76 year old mother that lives with me and she had a bad day. I am getting alittle nervous about my first fill on Wednesday. But I am sure it will go fine. Laurel I am so happy that you found happiness. Its so important to be happy with the man you are with. I am also very lucky I married the man of my dreams 3 years ago and he is so amazing.

Good morning all. China, I am not mad at my son at all. He for some reason hates me right now. I know his father is encouraging. I still give him his b-day and Christmas gifts. I am not allowing him to control my life. He wants me to leave my hubby because of a big mistake my hubby made while he was sick with limes disease(it was in his system for 2 yrs and we didnt know) and he had a reaction to pain meds he was taking. Unfortately my ex and his whole family lives holding grudges. I am learning to be forgiving and a whole better person as a whole. My hubby and I go to counciling along with myself going alone. It has helped alot. I am just standing back waiting for my son to realize I love him. My brother and sister seem to hold a grudge against me. I think they are jelous that I lost everything yet I bounced back and bettered my life. But I busted my butt to get here. No one gave it to me. Of course thing are easier with my hubby. I know I can support myself, but I do enjoy being able to travel and do things. I am grateful for my family and a second chance at life. Laurel

Dear Laurel you are a true inspiration to many. I admire your courage and strength. I am glad that you are happy. And life and love is all about forgiving. Follow your heart and it will lead you in the right direction. I got up early to watch the festivities for Obama.

hi all how is everyone doing these days

i cant explain it but, i free today. like everything is gonna be alright. today was a stress free day and trust me i dont have those often:biggrin: i seem to worry alot. laurel i know your not mad at your son i ment your sibleings.

but, after hearing your responce i see there heart is angry so just pray of them and love them from a far.

im proud of you things got bad but, you came back up and shined. yes traveling is good. im saving up to take my kids to disney world.

i asked what are you most grateful for and here is what i came up w/waking up this morning in my right mind. and of course my family and friends. but, most of all the band. as i sit here and think things was really bad before and at the rate they where going i would have just gotten bigger and most likely had a heart attack. im grateful for the help i have gotten and a seconde chance at life. and trust me im going to take full advantage of it.

and meeting good people such as your self thats going through the same thing and excepts me for me.

ok why dont none of ya ever post any good recipies do ya have any. ive been trying to get into my crockpot. i keep wanting to try some thing new.

some time this year the ladies in my family are going to one of those carnival cruise im gonna go. my gift for me. my small goal that im doing for me now is gonna get my nails done for losing 22lbs. does anyone else do that for them selves.

and rose friends and support is the one of the keys to the success of the band. it helps alot.:thumbup:

Good morning all. China, I am not mad at my son at all. He for some reason hates me right now. I know his father is encouraging. I still give him his b-day and Christmas gifts. I am not allowing him to control my life. He wants me to leave my hubby because of a big mistake my hubby made while he was sick with limes disease(it was in his system for 2 yrs and we didnt know) and he had a reaction to pain meds he was taking. Unfortately my ex and his whole family lives holding grudges. I am learning to be forgiving and a whole better person as a whole. My hubby and I go to counciling along with myself going alone. It has helped alot. I am just standing back waiting for my son to realize I love him. My brother and sister seem to hold a grudge against me. I think they are jelous that I lost everything yet I bounced back and bettered my life. But I busted my butt to get here. No one gave it to me. Of course thing are easier with my hubby. I know I can support myself, but I do enjoy being able to travel and do things. I am grateful for my family and a second chance at life. Laurel
I am grateful for having such wonderful friends and a loving supportive husband.
Dear Laurel you are a true inspiration to many. I admire your courage and strength. I am glad that you are happy. And life and love is all about forgiving. Follow your heart and it will lead you in the right direction. I got up early to watch the festivities for Obama.

Edited by china