Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

december 15th banders come on down;-)

Hello everyone....sorry to hear about the bad weather. I could not live where it snowed. It was do nice here today 80 degrees and enjoying the outdoors. I went for a nice long walk and than rode my bike for 20 min. It is so nice to be able to exercise and not be in so much pain in my feet and legs 15 lbs makes a big difference in how I feel.

The only way to learn how to bet at poker is play, play and play. I play online at pokerstars I love it.

i think im gonna try it i have a free poker game on my computer. its funny that you would say that rose i went to my familys home that live in ga and girl it was so hot i left 3days early. i think after living some where for so long you get use to it.:wink: how did everyone eat today. i had 1560 calories today and i feel ok full alittle. now come tom. i wont be able to eat that much does anyone else notice that there able to eat more every other day.

i recommend that ya try dailyplate.com out its cool and it helps out alot.

Hello everyone....sorry to hear about the bad weather. I could not live where it snowed. It was do nice here today 80 degrees and enjoying the outdoors. I went for a nice long walk and than rode my bike for 20 min. It is so nice to be able to exercise and not be in so much pain in my feet and legs 15 lbs makes a big difference in how I feel.

The only way to learn how to bet at poker is play, play and play. I play online at pokerstars I love it.

hey everyone hows it going well me it think today is a hard day for me as i have been so hungry its not even funny. its funny i have been noticing that almost all people that was band in december have been having a problem. i have been reading that some people have started gaining weight. so i now feel normal again like im not the only one. i think i need a fill for real. as i have eat way to many bite size tortilla chips than i want to. well all i can do is try and do better next time. well thanks for letting me vent. now im gonna go get on the scale at the dr's so i can see if i gained any weight.

i hate being fat and i hate getting on the scale. well thanks any ways.

Yesterday was our 1 month aniversary. We made it this far. We all need to be patient. I know I was told by my Doctor, don't expect to lose weight, just try not to gain much. So we have to keep that in mind. I know my weight lose is slow, I know I am excercising so i do have to count that as gaining some muscle too. I do feel better. Let us all keep up the faith. We are in this for the long run. Hope all is well with everyone here. Laurel

Hello everyone I am also noticing that I am getting hungry sooner and am able to eat more than I used to. I am working out alot more....today I walked for over an hour. Hopefully when I get my fill on Wednesday the hunger will get better. This is what I ate today:

B - 1 cup egg whites 2 slices fat free cheese

slice of toast

L - Totilla wrap with chicken breast

D- meat loaf, peas and carrots

thanks laurel for the encouraging words i really needed that. things will get better . i feel so much better after see both of you posted. we will all get the the end in time. we all are taking it one step at a time.

what i eat today:

b- 1french toast, 1sausage

s-4oz vanilla yogurt, .5tsp of almond nuts, 1slenda

l-8oz of scallops, w/1.5oz tuna salad, wheat thins

s-24oz c-lite, s/f jello

d-1.5c of spighetti w/sauce and ground turkey

839 calories eat .

30ozs of liquids drank:thumbup:

Yesterday was our 1 month aniversary. We made it this far. We all need to be patient. I know I was told by my Doctor, don't expect to lose weight, just try not to gain much. So we have to keep that in mind. I know my weight lose is slow, I know I am excercising so i do have to count that as gaining some muscle too. I do feel better. Let us all keep up the faith. We are in this for the long run. Hope all is well with everyone here. Laurel
Hello everyone I am also noticing that I am getting hungry sooner and am able to eat more than I used to. I am working out alot more....today I walked for over an hour. Hopefully when I get my fill on Wednesday the hunger will get better. This is what I ate today:

B - 1 cup egg whites 2 slices fat free cheese

slice of toast

L - Totilla wrap with chicken breast

D- meat loaf, peas and carrots

Hi China and the rest of you, I was banded 12/15 also!!! In Colorado. I'm glad I found your site, I'm still trying to figure out how to use it, so I hope this comes thru. I am doing pretty good, not eating much and my port site is still really sore-same with you? I will get a fill in 1 week, who has had one so far? Hope you are all doing great!

Welcome Matty,

I don't have any pain in my port area anymore. I am pretty much back to normal. I am getting my first fill on Wednesday. Glad you found our thread it helps us all stay on track and encourage each other with the day to day issues. Welcome.

hi matty welcome to the group glad to have you. hows the weather there? well here in new york its freezing could it was -14 today. my port is not sore much but, my side still hurts up under my breast. wow everyone is getting a fill this month but, me i have to wait till 2-24-09 aint that some thing.

well matty feel free to go back and read up on some of the things we have talked about so you can caugh up and fit right in with the talking:biggrin: hope you come back and talk with us for a while.

well talk to everyone later

Hi China and the rest of you, I was banded 12/15 also!!! In Colorado. I'm glad I found your site, I'm still trying to figure out how to use it, so I hope this comes thru. I am doing pretty good, not eating much and my port site is still really sore-same with you? I will get a fill in 1 week, who has had one so far? Hope you are all doing great!

Thanks mrose and china, I will keep track of everyone now, fun to read the notes before we all were banded!:( My first 3 days were rough but good since then. Colo was 64 degrees today--nice! :) I've seen NY on tv-so cold!

Matty it looks like we have the exact same amount of weight to loose. You are way ahead of me. Did you have to do a preop diet? I did not. Maybe you could share some of your meals with me so I can compare. Maybe I am doing something wrong. I want my band to work so bad for me. How tall are you I am 5'6. Thanks for your help.

Welcome aboard Matty. Your welcome China. I want to get discouraged sometimes too. Seems like my calorie consumtion is way down from before and excercising is way up. But the pounds seem to come off when it wants to. Sometimes a week later. My first fill is 1/27. I hear it takes around 3 fills before you start getting good retriction. I kept track of everthing I ate yesterday and I ate right around 1200 calories. Yesterday I didn't do any excercise. Today I have already did an hour of Water arobics. I plan on doing some wii fit tonight too. Thank goodness I am not as cold as you China. Today we are around 10. This is when I hate being a school bus driver. Having to be up and out so early.

Have a great day everyone. Laurel

Hi mrose, yes, we are so simular--cool. I did have to be on liquids only 1 week before the surg and I lost 8 of the lbs that week.(believe me I ate everything in site before that week!):) I'm pretty lucky because I really feel like I can hardly eat. My doc said he wants me to eat protien first and if there is any more room, have a little fat or carb, so I've really only eaten protien. He also said to stop the protien drinks so I don't drink my calories, and he wants protien to just sit in my pouch. Also, if I'm not hungry, don't eat at all, maybe 1 meal a day. So I am probably eating 500-800 calories a day. Does that help,-- did your doc say that? My doc is mean!!!:) I am 5'71/2". Hi Goldi

Edited by matty

hi laurel,rose,matty how is everyone doing today? me im doing good today. laurel that's a good range to be eating in. im any where between 800-1575. maybe try on your days that you excerise eating alittle more as when you work out you burn up some of those calories. honey it is very cold here and it snows alot here. i havent been to the gym for 2days if you count today. gone get back there starting monday.

matty that is good that you still are not able to eat as much i wish i wasn't. how do you feel only eating one meal a day. im much bigger than all of you but, my trainer said that im not eating enough and that is why i tend to over eat at times. most of the time im around 12something calories but, can eat up to 1575 if my stomach allows it.

i dont drink the shakes unless im in a rush and dont have time for nothing else. rose your doing fine keep ya head up it will come together. but, i think your doing great the weight will come off in time. right now just work on healing your self the weightloss is just a bonus least that is what my dr said.:) i have heard that the first 2 fills dont really count but, im hoping it will do alittle some thing:smile: lets all remember it took us some time to put the weight on its gonna take some time to get it off. but, im glad im doing the ride with you guys.

see you all at the finish line:thumbup:

Welcome aboard Matty. Your welcome China. I want to get discouraged sometimes too. Seems like my calorie consumtion is way down from before and excercising is way up. But the pounds seem to come off when it wants to. Sometimes a week later. My first fill is 1/27. I hear it takes around 3 fills before you start getting good retriction. I kept track of everthing I ate yesterday and I ate right around 1200 calories. Yesterday I didn't do any excercise. Today I have already did an hour of Water arobics. I plan on doing some wii fit tonight too. Thank goodness I am not as cold as you China. Today we are around 10. This is when I hate being a school bus driver. Having to be up and out so early.

Have a great day everyone. Laurel

Hi mrose, yes, we are so simular--cool. I did have to be on liquids only 1 week before the surg and I lost 8 of the lbs that week.(believe me I ate everything in site before that week!):) I'm pretty lucky because I really feel like I can hardly eat. My doc said he wants me to eat protien first and if there is any more room, have a little fat or carb, so I've really only eaten protien. He also said to stop the protien drinks so I don't drink my calories, and he wants protien to just sit in my pouch. Also, if I'm not hungry, don't eat at all, maybe 1 meal a day. So I am probably eating 500-800 calories a day. Does that help,-- did your doc say that? My doc is mean!!!:banghead: I am 5"71/2. Hi Goldi

Hi China, thanks for your reply. I do worry that my doc is trying to starve me and as soon as I eat, the weight loss will come to a screaching halt. So all of you should be so proud of your loss so far, we have to remember to look into the future and know we will be brand new people!!!