Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

Well, it's 70 here today, so I broke out my shorts from last summer......none of them fit, way too baggy! YAY! Guess I'll have to go shopping.....bummer. I had to go last week cause none of my workout clothes fit, first time I've been able to buy Large instead of Xtra Large in quite a while!

That is great about the shorts.

I've been stuck on losing and gaining the same 5 pounds for about a month now. I'm hoping I can get this turned around. I'm getting really down that this band is not working. I get a fill and then have to have half of it taken out, then a fil again and still not feeling whatever one is talking about.

One day I feel it's working then 3 days later I gain what I had just lost... Anyone else having this trouble too??

That is great about the shorts.

I've been stuck on losing and gaining the same 5 pounds for about a month now. I'm hoping I can get this turned around. I'm getting really down that this band is not working. I get a fill and then have to have half of it taken out, then a fil again and still not feeling whatever one is talking about.

One day I feel it's working then 3 days later I gain what I had just lost... Anyone else having this trouble too??

Jewels--believe me when I tell you, I hear you. I don't have much restriction...don't get that 'full' feeling, and am hungry three hours after I eat. I have 8 ccs in a 10cc band, and get very frustrated at times. Everything I have lost has been sheer willpower and gym time, not the band. If anything, I'm thinking the Bodybugg was a better investment than the band. I went through three weeks of not losing one single pound and wanted to SCREAM! I literally watch the clock to see when I can eat again, and try to make good choices about what I put in my mouth (but even I am guilty of making poor choices every now and then). I find that when I am really frustrated is when I make the bad choices...and say 'screw this, I'm eating what I want'. I track what I eat religiously, and am only eating between 750 and 1000 calories a day. I'm tired all the time. I have to force myself on the elliptical to do 5 miles, and believe me, the last mile and a half is not pretty. I haven't really ever felt restriction, except right after my second fill, but that was gone in a few days. I know I'm fighting head hunger a lot of the time. After fifteen years of eating whatever I want whenever I want, it's hard to get over. I, too, hear everyone talking about restriction and am baffled. You'd think at 8 ccs I'd be feeling something!

I'm so glad it's just not me. I took my ticker off cause I got so tired of looking at it not moving. I didn't want to start adding the weight back on there either.

We just bought an elliptical too. Enjoying it but it has taken two weeks to get up to 20 minutes on it. I too am not pretty on it at times. lol

Today I ate pot stickers with my kids- I ate 4 and was so so. Ate 2 more and was full. An hour later- still already full I grabed 3 more... I think I need to take sleeping pills to get me through ther day without grazing... Better yet I need to find a job- the stress is really starting to get to me...

Hello everyone! I am scheduled for my 3rd fill on Monday and I am really excited to see if they hit the ever mysterious sweet spot. I'm like may others of you who are working off of will power, gym dedication and the power of the body bugg (love the bugg!!). According to my home scale i'm down 5 lbs from my last fill/weigh in. And I am hoping to get more restriction this time. I have had 2 episodes where I felt things get stuck BUT once it passess and I concentrate on my chewing better I can continue to eat WAY TO MUCH! I stop eating because I should , not because I'm feeling full. I wonder if my puoch is just to big? I'm trying to remain optimistic and remember that the band is not like bypass an instant snip and your stomach is the size of an egg . My Dr. keeps reminding me that it takes 4-5 fills sometimes to get it just right, so she's got 2 more attempts to find that magic spot...or else:sneaky:.

Jewels, Don't give up hope I to took down my long term ticker and put up my June Goal I god tired of kickn my a$$ everday watching it not move. Last month I lodt 4lbs in one week!! Next week back on, then I had PMS I swell and crave everything, then my monthly friend arrives...:) So really I only have 2 weeks out of the month to ge ahead.:thumbup: It's enough to send your head spinning. I have a friend who had this two years ago and fell of track and is now doing great. I asked her how she did it. She told me daily journal with what she ate drank, if she was upset and ate 3 Cookies she wrote it, Exercise how many calories burned and what she did and only weighed herself on Fridays. She says the next day she would read the previous day and learned from her mistakes and started a new day with a new can do attitude.

I went out today and got a book and I'm going to try it. My problem is will Power !!! If the food is left out and I can easily grab it I will.... I caught myself eating a cookie in shame today!!! What am I two?? I knew i shouldn't have had it... WHATEVER .. Tomorrow is a new day and no cookies unless I stay on the machine to burn that 125 extra calories:tt2:. I'm not an eliptical fan becasue I hurt myself twice ..lol.. but I know it took me two months before i can force myself to the treadmill for 60 minutes.... Baby steps you will get there. ((Big Hugs))

I hear you all - I'm at 7 cc's and still don't feel the restriction as well as I should. I'm also hungry every 3 hours and my DR. has limited his fill visits to 1 afternoon a week so it's getting harder to get in to see him.

At least there are many of us in the same boat. It is nice to know we are not alone:tongue2:

Good luck everyone

three hours later, for me it's about every hour I'm hungry. I do only eat about 1/2 cup of whipped refried Beans or Soup or 6 oz Protein Shake so hopefully I'm not going way overboard. I get my first fill in about 2 weeks.

Hey Notorious Novembers!

I seem to have found my sweet spot - I cannot eat what I used to (thank goodness) and I am getting full on much less food than before. bread gives me the blues - sandwiches are temporarily off my list of accepted foods. So far rice is okay, and most meats, though I nearly pb'ed on a piece of beef from some stew I made. It was very well cooked, but I guess I didn't chew it enough.

That is a shift for me - the chewing part. Now that I have good restriction, chewing is so much more important! I was a fast eater - always have been - but now I have to discipline myself to eat slower and chew lots more.

I LOVE my bodybugg! I've only had it a few days, but I love being able to track more exactly what I'm burning - calorie wise, I burn a lot more than I thought I did! Since I have it linked to my home computer, I can't upload my calories burned until the end of the day - that actually helps me, because I can't look at the number of calories burned and justify eating that 'special treat'! LOL

I am logging my food on the bodybugg site rather than on my iPhone right now - does anyone know if bodybugg has an applet for the iPhone? That would be very cool if they did!

Jewels, Heather, lfein229, mljalways, and KimmyQ - hang in there! I know exactly how you are feeling - I was there before this second fill. Though it may take a bit longer to find that sweet spot, have faith that you WILL find it and the pounds will come off. Until then, the willpower and good choices you are exhibiting will only help you in the long run.

Yes, it's tough, but you are NOT quitters - you wouldn't have a band if you were! This isn't the easiest way in the world to lose the weight, but it's the one that we've chosen and we can make it right for us!

A motivational speaker I heard once said that we have to "make a decision, and then make it right". I think we're all going through the process of making it right - we made the decision to get the band, and now we've got to make it right.

I'm here for ya, Notorious Novembers! We can do this!

Hey Notorious Novembers!

I seem to have found my sweet spot - I cannot eat what I used to (thank goodness) and I am getting full on much less food than before. bread gives me the blues - sandwiches are temporarily off my list of accepted foods. So far rice is okay, and most meats, though I nearly pb'ed on a piece of beef from some stew I made. It was very well cooked, but I guess I didn't chew it enough.

That is a shift for me - the chewing part. Now that I have good restriction, chewing is so much more important! I was a fast eater - always have been - but now I have to discipline myself to eat slower and chew lots more.

I LOVE my bodybugg! I've only had it a few days, but I love being able to track more exactly what I'm burning - calorie wise, I burn a lot more than I thought I did! Since I have it linked to my home computer, I can't upload my calories burned until the end of the day - that actually helps me, because I can't look at the number of calories burned and justify eating that 'special treat'! LOL

I am logging my food on the bodybugg site rather than on my iPhone right now - does anyone know if bodybugg has an applet for the iPhone? That would be very cool if they did!

Jewels, Heather, lfein229, mljalways, and KimmyQ - hang in there! I know exactly how you are feeling - I was there before this second fill. Though it may take a bit longer to find that sweet spot, have faith that you WILL find it and the pounds will come off. Until then, the willpower and good choices you are exhibiting will only help you in the long run.

Yes, it's tough, but you are NOT quitters - you wouldn't have a band if you were! This isn't the easiest way in the world to lose the weight, but it's the one that we've chosen and we can make it right for us!

A motivational speaker I heard once said that we have to "make a decision, and then make it right". I think we're all going through the process of making it right - we made the decision to get the band, and now we've got to make it right.

I'm here for ya, Notorious Novembers! We can do this!

Thanks for the pep talk it was well needed. My last fill has definately given me restiction so I will await the results. Thaks again!!:rolleyes:

OK, not it's official, getting rid of the extra weight really sucks...but I'm doing well with it. I've managed to lower my weight by 78 pounds since November 2008 but, sometimes, I feel like I'm killing myself on the old work outs! Now that we know working out really sucks I've found that outside of the time consumed (at least an hour a day) I'm not really challenged anymore. Of course I sweat and my feet get blisters from time to time but overall I'm getting somewhat use to it.

The past week has really had some ups and downs so I'll give you the ups first. I had my yearly checkup and my regular doctor was amazed. All of my tests (Blood, urine, etc...) came back normal, nothing elevated! I was 248 on Tuesday but (here comes the bummer) I'm at 250 today (Friday). Still, it's not bad. I contribute the extra weight to the Water intake being higher. I wanted to increase my liquid intake so I've been drinking more water than before.

Overall, I'm down 76 pounds since November and have just had my third fill. With that third fill I had my first two PBs, a very unpleasant experience. (PB means productive burp which is a polite way of saying vomiting!) I never "PB" but now I have to watch the way I eat and how fast I eat.

I have kept up my treadmill exercise of 3 miles a day at an incline of 10 at a speed of 3MPH and have not missed a day in the past 6 weeks. I hate every minute of it but the results are fantastic. I'm able to fit into my old (really old) pants and shirts. It's also nice to have people tell you “you look great” and ask how you are doing it. That makes the heart smile.

I’m not sure how much I would have lost if I were not working out but I’m sure it would not have been as good as it has been. My wife walks for 20 minutes a day at an incline of 5 at 2.5 MPH. She has lowered her weight by 40 pounds (as of this morning). We had our lap bands placed on the same day in November. We eat pretty much the same thing except I take a larger Protein Drink than she does usually. It really helps to have the both of us doing this together. I would think it would be very difficult to diet with the rest of the family eating regular meals around you and having all kinds of goodies in the refrigerator. Needless to say we emptied our cabinets and refrigerator of all things that are not good for us. You have no idea of how many times I’ve stood in front of that frig looking at empty shelves hoping that she missed something. I must say she was very good at getting rid of all of the temptations.

I wish everyone success in their efforts to get rid of the extra weight and hope that you take my suggestions of exercise to help you do it. I know it is extremely hard, especially at first, but you can do it!

weight.png

Weigh in on 11/01/2008 at 326

Banded on 11/19/2008 weight was 309

On Tuesday 2/25 my weight was 248

only 38 pounds to go to my initial objective.

OK, not it's official, getting rid of the extra weight really sucks...but I'm doing well with it. I've managed to lower my weight by 78 pounds since November 2008 but, sometimes, I feel like I'm killing myself on the old work outs! Now that we know working out really sucks I've found that outside of the time consumed (at least an hour a day) I'm not really challenged anymore. Of course I sweat and my feet get blisters from time to time but overall I'm getting somewhat use to it.

The past week has really had some ups and downs so I'll give you the ups first. I had my yearly checkup and my regular doctor was amazed. All of my tests (Blood, urine, etc...) came back normal, nothing elevated! I was 248 on Tuesday but (here comes the bummer) I'm at 250 today (Friday). Still, it's not bad. I contribute the extra weight to the Water intake being higher. I wanted to increase my liquid intake so I've been drinking more water than before.

Overall, I'm down 76 pounds since November and have just had my third fill. With that third fill I had my first two PBs, a very unpleasant experience. (PB means productive burp which is a polite way of saying vomiting!) I never "PB" but now I have to watch the way I eat and how fast I eat.

I have kept up my treadmill exercise of 3 miles a day at an incline of 10 at a speed of 3MPH and have not missed a day in the past 6 weeks. I hate every minute of it but the results are fantastic. I'm able to fit into my old (really old) pants and shirts. It's also nice to have people tell you “you look great” and ask how you are doing it. That makes the heart smile.

I’m not sure how much I would have lost if I were not working out but I’m sure it would not have been as good as it has been. My wife walks for 20 minutes a day at an incline of 5 at 2.5 MPH. She has lowered her weight by 40 pounds (as of this morning). We had our lap bands placed on the same day in November. We eat pretty much the same thing except I take a larger Protein drink than she does usually. It really helps to have the both of us doing this together. I would think it would be very difficult to diet with the rest of the family eating regular meals around you and having all kinds of goodies in the refrigerator. Needless to say we emptied our cabinets and refrigerator of all things that are not good for us. You have no idea of how many times I’ve stood in front of that frig looking at empty shelves hoping that she missed something. I must say she was very good at getting rid of all of the temptations.

I wish everyone success in their efforts to get rid of the extra weight and hope that you take my suggestions of exercise to help you do it. I know it is extremely hard, especially at first, but you can do it!

weight.png

Weigh in on 11/01/2008 at 326

Banded on 11/19/2008 weight was 309

On Tuesday 2/25 my weight was 248

only 38 pounds to go to my initial objective.

WOW! You guys are doing a great job! I'm curious to know, do you both feel like you have adequate restriction? What's you and your wifes diet like (are you doing low carb, low cal). I'd really appreciate anything more you 2 can share as you both are having PHENOMINAL results!

Well, I had my third fill today. Banded 11-24-08. Been pretty much at the same weight and feeling not much restriction at all. Now have 7cc in a 14cc band. I will be doing my walking religiously and watching more what I eat. Stay with it Novembers! We can do it. My doc says I am getting extra calories and need to better monitor my intake. He's right of course. I encourage others to also examine their intake and make sure they are making every effort to better their health/lives, We all need these reminders.

Fillerup