Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Those banded 10/22/08 KEEP ME POSTED

I was done on the 22nd as well. I have been very lucky very little pain. Walking 1-2 miles a day, I really thing that has helped. Have lost 16 lbs. Still on liqued, will be on it until Nov 12th. Have been tempted to chew something, after reading your ordeal, I think I will pass. Keep up the good work, Keep your eye on the prize.

HI all, banded the 24th too. I'm down 20lbs presurgery and post op total. I think I'm healing quite easily. I had my follow up dr. appt and they were pleased ,so I am.

I am able to sleep on either side with pillows wedged under me. I found a heating pad really helps too.

I also feel more pain at night, mainly b/c I think I'm pushing harder during the day.

I'm on mushies, and it's going super easy. Almost too easy. I feel real hunger and this disappoints me. I get full fast, but grrr.

Hey everyone,

I was banded 10/24/08 and I have lost 16lbs :thumbup:since post-op on full liquids!! I started soft and purees today. I find it is a little difficult deciding on what to eat. I have to prepare and prepackage my food prior to leaving my house. I am doing well with my port pain now. Intially I had moderates amounts of port pain. I also experienced sharp stabbing, left mid back and left rib area pain. It was gas! I took gas ex extra strength jel capsules and it helped. I too had a bad hunger gasey feeling in my stomach and drinking warm peppermint/mint tea helped.

Congrats to everyone! We are on our way now!!!:rolleyes2:

I'm a week behind you guys, but it's good to hear how you all are progressing! Tonight is the first time I've had bad gas pains. I've been walking at least 30-45min everyday since surgery and have gotten in almost all of my Protein. I actually got in all 90g today... (uh, yesterday?).... anyways, I'm up b/c of the gas... was walking laps around the house to try to move it out...

Maybe something warm would help that pain? Drink some hot tea or something. I like chai tea with a little sweetener.

Sadly, I'm having NO trouble burping...I can't stop it from happening and it's embarrassing!

I AM starting to deal with some Constipation issues since I've been on mushies for a week. Nothing x 3 days! :blush: I took some Senna S tonight so I hope that helps.

I've lost 17 lbs total including one week of pre-op diet. I haven't lost anything in a few days...probably because of no BM!

I hope you feel better!

~~anne

Allright so I was on a roll at the beginning, down a total of 19 lbs, but now I haven't lost a single pund in the last 4 days! :blush: I'm attributing it to my "time of the month" but deep down inside I feel a little disappointed. Pounds were shedding right off at first and now have slowed down after only a week and a couple of days. I was wondering if it was my body thinking it's starving because of the decrease in intake?? What do you think????

HELP :rolleyes2:

Keep in mind that you are probably having non scale victories. I measured all parts of my body on 10/13 the day i started preop with my surgery on 10/22. I just measured again this morning 3 weeks later and i have lost 17 lbs but have also lost at least 2 to 3 inches already!!!

I am a 10-22 girl too! I am still having a lot of discomfort with port. I have lost a total of 23lbs!!! Pre-op and post op combined. I'm getting really tired of liquid diet, I am soo ready for smushy! LOl. I've been walking quite a bit and it does really help the gas!!! Wow! Best of luck!

Hi Everyone!

I was banded on 10/29 and am doing great! I started right at 200lb's and have lost 5 pounds since surgery - 9 pre op. With my 5'1 frame, my goal is 125.

After 2 days of liquids, my doctor has me on soft foods. Whoopee! oatmeal, tuna salad, cottage cheese - real food! I was even able to eat some steamed shrimp. I'm amazed that a 1/2 cup can satisfy me. I start all foods on the 13th.

Has anyone had problems with regular foods?

Hi, I was banded on the 27th. It has been 8 days now and I havent had a bowel movement. Noone really seems to talk about that. Is this normal?? I have pain in my lower abdomen on RIGHT side and have taken Miralax 2 x so far yesterday. AND I read often about people who can't even swallow an ounce but I can gulp if I want to. I dont just in case but can drink at least 4 oz right down.:thumbup:

Hi Judy, your post caught my eye, because I'm also 5'1" and almost your weight. Actually I'm about 210, but haven't got my date yet, so haven't had my liquid pre-diet. I'm 59 years old. I'm glad to hear you got to go on mushies so quick, I'm sure I'll be one of the hungry ones post-op. I've been through most of the insurance hoops, so hope to get a date soon. Did everything go smoothly for you?

Michelle, I'd keep up with the miralax, but you may want to call the dr. and ask what they suggest. I think it's important for you have a bm.

I also have no problem drinking anything, so I think that is good.

Yes, everything went well. I went to a birthday party at the Olive Garden. It wasn't easy sitting on my hands while everyone else was enjoying tons of salad, breadsticks, wine and mountains of food. I did it though! Ordered the creamy chicken and spinach soop. (My husband asked them to leave the dumplings out.) Ate about a 1/2 cup and was satisfied. Figure I've abused my body with the wrong foods for long enough.

I was banded on the 29th and had my 1st BM yesterday. What foods are you eating? I got in a little applesause, I really think that helped.