Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Should prostitution be legal?

Should prostitution be legal?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should prostitution be legal?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

I never said anything about running like hell. That statement simply meant if someone won't believe, then don't waste time on them.

The scripture you referred to was one about witnessing to others in an effort to recruit them but you said you weren't trying to convert me. That scripture doesn't mean a thing about discussing political issues as we were.

Do you see the dilemma here?

We were discussing political issues, when I turned your own questions around on you and Beth you both decided you weren't going to respond to the topic anymore.

I know, you still don't get it but I don't know how to explain it in better detail.

Carrie I get what you are saying, and during court no he had no remorse what so ever! He claimed to have found God later. I have serious belief it was when some big Bubba sodomized him just like he did Kara. THEN he was sorry and "found God" and just like that it goes away. BS!

I'll bet a cyber dollar it has more to do with a parole board than Bubba.

The scripture you referred to was one about witnessing to others in an effort to recruit them but you said you weren't trying to convert me. That scripture doesn't mean a thing about discussing political issues as we were.

Do you see the dilemma here?

We were discussing political issues, when I turned your own questions around on you and Beth you both decided you weren't going to respond to the topic anymore.

I know, you still don't get it but I don't know how to explain it in better detail.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Sorry.

I am going to pray for two miracles: that my wrinkles get healed and for peace in the middle east. If these happen then I will convert into a believer.

i could careless if prositiution was legalized or not. I dont exactly understand why it's illegal anway... if youre 18+, and a competent adult, its THEIR decision.

i could careless if prositiution was legalized or not. I dont exactly understand why it's illegal anway... if youre 18+, and a competent adult, its THEIR decision.

Wow. In 3 sentences you pretty much nailed it on what it took hundreds of replies to get to.

Great job and I completely agree!!

Jessizzle, you sizzle. Consenting adults is what we're talking about.

And that's one reason why it should be legal, so that we can make sure that consenting adults are the people involved in that business and not young girls and boys that are being taken advantage of.

Jessizzle, you sizzle. Consenting adults is what we're talking about.

And that's one reason why it should be legal, so that we can make sure that consenting adults are the people involved in that business and not young girls and boys that are being taken advantage of.

But how exactly would that help? Arrest the illegal (underage) prostitutes? Then they'd be in the same boat they're in now.

Wow. In 3 sentences you pretty much nailed it on what it took hundreds of replies to get to.

Great job and I completely agree!!

In many ways prostitution is already legal. How many times has a person wanted to set the mood, get their partner in a position where they would agree to a new boat, a new kitchen, a new car... I don't know about women but you get your husband in bed and he'll agree to just about anything you want if you time it just right. ;o)

If it is a new kitchen or $100... who cares?

In many ways prostitution is already legal. How many times has a person wanted to set the mood, get their partner in a position where they would agree to a new boat, a new kitchen, a new car... I don't know about women but you get your husband in bed and he'll agree to just about anything you want if you time it just right. ;o)

If it is a new kitchen or $100... who cares?

ROFL! Being married to a Man Whore is all it's cracked up to be too. :(

I have been married for lots of years (most of them to the same man even!)

With as much time as we have been together, I can sense moods in him, much as I can my own.

Sex is a great stress relief, and many times, that is all you want it for, it feels good, it makes you relax, and that is IT! You don't want all the give and take of a mating dance!

If you are single, you have the option of self gratification or "doing the dance"---finding someone, buying dinner, drinks etc. and hoping they are of similar mind!!!

Being able to go and legally have sex simply for the sake of having sex, without all the other stuff, makes sense to me.

Even married, as I say there are nights I can tell that is all he wants, he doesn't want candlelight and romance, he wants sex for the sake of sex, and there is nothing wrong with that.....women are the same way!

Kat

I have been married for lots of years (most of them to the same man even!)

With as much time as we have been together, I can sense moods in him, much as I can my own.

Sex is a great stress relief, and many times, that is all you want it for, it feels good, it makes you relax, and that is IT! You don't want all the give and take of a mating dance!

If you are single, you have the option of self gratification or "doing the dance"---finding someone, buying dinner, drinks etc. and hoping they are of similar mind!!!

Being able to go and legally have sex simply for the sake of having sex, without all the other stuff, makes sense to me.

Even married, as I say there are nights I can tell that is all he wants, he doesn't want candlelight and romance, he wants sex for the sake of sex, and there is nothing wrong with that.....women are the same way!

Kat

As usual, a wise post. Many men are just not into (for various reasons) the romance/courtship thing. The option of paying for it avoids leading some sweet young thing down the garden path to fantasies of a commitment which those guys have no intention of honouring.

Well, I didn't even mean the ones who never want commitment, just that men (and women) have different moods, different needs at different times, and having the option open to them legally would simply be an option.

But you make a good point.....as that does happen!!!

Kat

plain, why do I sense that you just like giving me a hard time?

If prostitution were legal, it would be easier to monitor who is doing what to whom in that profession. As it is now, they pretty much have to be caught in the act in order for the law to intervene. All the resources that are devoted to busting the prostitutes, the johns and the pimps could be reduced (I would imagine) and monitoring the profession could be done in an orderly fashion. Instead of prostitution being a huge drain on the system, they'd pay taxes which would defray the cost of keeping it all as clean as possible. And keeping kids out of the business would be much easier.

Kat makes a lot of sense. I can remember once when my DH told me that sometimes he'd enjoy just getting his "needs" met without the intimacy and emotional feelings that are attached to a love match. (Not that I hit him with a barrage of psychological baggage when we have sex, or anything. :-) But being in love and having sex is quite different from having sex with someone who is a professional and it's all about the mechanics.

Men would like to find that kind of sex with random partners who aren't prostitutes but they don't want to jeopardize their marriages. Many women feel that way too, but it's even harder for them to have a sexual encounter without an emotional attachment of some sort because women are conditioned to feel like and be treated like a whore if they don't know their partner well. :-)

Wasa you sound extremely cynical about relationships. We discussed those types of comments earlier. Having a man purchase a boat or a kitchen or a new car isn't usually just about a sexual exchange in most marriages. Marriages and intimate relationships are more complicated than that. There's always a give and take between partners. If one of the partners reduces the relationship to nothing more than a barter of sex for goods, it isn't much of a marriage or even a relationship!

I am certainly not saying it doesn't happen. I've had friends who married very wealthy men who were much older than they were and it was not uncommon for them to say that they had to go give their spouses a blow job so the men would agree to something they wanted. Even so, it is not the same as prostitution. But it is much closer to it than the average couple who married for love, not money.

Most couples marry for a long list of reasons. Sex and money are two of them, but they are certainly not the only reasons. And it is disgusting to me to think that all married women think of their spouses as nothing more than johns.

I am going to pray for two miracles: that my wrinkles get healed and for peace in the middle east. If these happen then I will convert into a believer.

Green, Did you know that the bible says there will never be peace in the middle east until Jesus returns? So if you wait until then to 'convert' it will be too late. That's why I feel that no matter what the governments suggest to make peace over there, it's not going to work. (do you mind if I ask what would you be converting from?)

Why do your wrinkles need healing? are they sick? lol. All things are possible with God. I believe that. Once I asked God to heal my hands because I washed alot of dishes by hand and they were always cracked and dry and even bled at times. Then one day I noticed that they were feeling better and then within 2 weeks time, they were great and I've never had the problem again. That was 10 years ago! So, God certainly is able, but the question is, "is he willing?" Wrinkled skin is just part of the aging process so I think we are kinda stuck with that one.