Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have done all the requirements that were needed from my insurance and my drs office said once they receive everything then they would make an appointment for me to see the dr.

What is next? After I see him do they then put it in to the insurance for appoval? When do I do all the other test they said I would have to do, the sleep study and stuff? I thought you had to do all that before they put it in for approval.

I'm lost and I hate to keep calling them even though I'm sure they are used to it, lol.

Thanks!!

first take a deep breath:blink:, and let it out. everybody's case is different depending on the insurance you have. for me it was a waiting game and need additional info game. some go by smoother and faster than others. it took me a little longer to pay my fees so.. but mine went as followed:

1. Seminar (Jan.08)

2. Paperwork Gathered (History from PC) (Feb.08)

3. Consultation (March08)

4. Psych. Eval (March08)

5. 6mon. Nutrionist (started in Jan.-June)

6. Approval ( Aug08)

7. Date Set and pay fees (Aug) 08)

8. Pre-Op testing (2weeks before date) ( Oct08)

9. 2 week Pre-Op Diet (2weeks before) (Oct 08)

10. Sign Consent Forms (day before) (Oct 08)

11. and last but not least surgery is Friday. Oct.24th :)

so be patient it'll all work out, i did call my insurance company every two weeks after they had all my paper work to see where they were at with it.

Is the Pre-Op testing when you do a sleep study, EKG, see the cadiiologist and all that? I thought all that was before you were approved by your insurance. I guess this is where I'm lost.

I know my dr will tell me when I meet with him, I just want to make sure I have done everything I need at this time.

i was'nt required to do a sleep study but yes that is done in your pre-op testing unless your insurance needs that to make the decision on if you're approved or not. it is alot to take in and it is a process, i just don't want you to get over whelmed too fast..lol you still have a little ways to go. but i was like that and just wanted to know the order and make sure i had or did everything i needed to do.

Hello Mrsace13:

Well every insurance company, doctor, and surgeon has different requirements based on your personal health history. Here is my information.

January 08 through August 08 supervised 6-month diet

February 08 pysch eval

August 2008 All paper work submitted to BC/BS approved to see surgeon

September 8, 08 Bariatric Center Orienatation Class

September 23, 08 Bariatric Center Pre-Op support class

September 26, 08 Bariatric Center Nutrition Class

October 8, 08 Meeting with surgeon

October 10, 08 H-pylori test

October 14, 08 Upper GI

October 15, 08 All paper work sent to insurance for surgery authorization

October 16, 08 BC/BS approves surgery (this took less than 24-hours)

October 17, 08 on pre-op diet

October 29, 08 Another appointment with surgeon

November 7, 08 Pre-op lab work

November 11, 08 SURGERY :sad_smile:

I don't have any medical issues other than being over weight, so my surgeon only required the upper GI and the H-pylori test.

I am 5'5" and did weigh 251 now weigh 241.

Thank you so much.

They called to let me know they had all my info and ready for me to see the dr on Nov 5th so I went ahead and asked all my questions. I feel better and now understand. I just didn't want to be sitting here when I could be getting things done.