Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Single, 32, no kids, anyone else like me to buddy with?

Not that I don't love my parent people out there---I really do--I think being a parent alone shows great character and admirable strength--I'm just hoping to find some buddies around my age that I can share some single, no children having lap band experiences with...If you are out there, please reply, I would love to hear from you! Let me introduce myself--my name is Lisa, Latina,California, teacher, single, great friends and family, love life and enchiladas...a little too much of the latter, which is how I ended up here on this lovely supportive website. Everyone is so wonderful in this place--informative, friendly, caring...I don't know if it's because of all the pain meds all post op patients are on, but I don't care, I appreciate you all. My surgery is Nov. 18th and I'm already digging out my slutty clothes from my slimmer days--it is truly an exciting time for me. If you are interested in being a best bud, let me know!

Edited by LisaFromCali

Hey Lisa,

I'm in bay area (san jose, ca), and was just banded 3 weeks ago.

My husband and I decided years ago that we didn't want children, and it can feel a little weird when everyone kinda expects you to have them.

I'm around if you ever want to chat :D

Hi, I"m 29, single, in Florida and just got approved for surgery. I'm waiting on a date, but hoping Nov or Dec. I am also looking forward to wearing cute clothes again!

Hi Lisa, I'm Laura I live in Burbank and I'm 32 single no kids like you. I had my surgery Tuesday, so far so good. I just have abdomenal pain right now. It hurts to take a deep breath, but hopefully the pain will lessen. Overall I'm doing well I have walking an hour after the surgery.

Laura

Hi Lisa! I'm Missy, 30 and single from Tennessee. I don't have children either unless you count my 2 dogs! I had surgery on September 2nd. So far the experience has been great....no complications or anything! My weight loss has been slow but steady (down 24 lbs) and I'm ok with that! You can yell at me anytime!!

hey lisa,

was banded over a yr ago, along with my husband - best decision for us. like cattoy, we decided after a bit that we were going to be one of those childless couples & our relationship is all about us.....minus a ranch full of critters (horses / longhorns & too many dogs)...

it was very special for hubby and i to go through this process together; ... though he got to goal a whole lot sooner than me. i wish you all the best on your upcoming surgery, and for the record - you WILL be able to eat enchilladas again!!!:thumbs_up:

lulu

Hi Luluc,

I have a quick question for you. I saw that your starting weight was 200. Was that your original starting weight, the reason for my question is that I only weight 190 and got the lapband this week. Athough I'm excited I'm nervious too, thinking that my weight didn't warrant the surgery. Did you feel the same way?

Hi Luluc,

I have a quick question for you. I saw that your starting weight was 200. Was that your original starting weight, the reason for my question is that I only weight 190 and got the lapband this week. Athough I'm excited I'm nervious too, thinking that my weight didn't warrant the surgery. Did you feel the same way?

hey laura,

the day before pre-op appt i weighed in at 200lbs even - the most ever for me. the following morning before surgery i was 195, so somewhere in the middle is what i actually was - i just picked 200 as my starting number - just to round things out & be pissed i got to that number.

i'm fairly short - just at 5'1, and i had since marriage piled on 75lbs and they were not coming off w/out help. though i didn't have any health issues, my weight was a problem emotionally & socially.

i'm glad i got the band, nothing else was helping me lose the weight & more importantly i have a tool to prevent any gain - which just seemed to sky rocket as the yrs went on....

your going to do GREAT. it may come off slower, due to having what i guess is a low bmi - don't compare yourself to anyone elses journey here, you'll get discouraged & you just need to concentrate on you....congrats on your new band!!!!!!!!

Hi Lisa,

I am 32, married and no children unless you want to count my 3 dogs. Anyways, I was banded on 10/30, I weighed 245 and today 1 week 2 days post op I am down 15 pounds. I can handle that!

Well I am looking for a buddy to. I am originally from California, spent most of my life there. I grew up in Sonoma County.

If you need anything or just want to chat let me know.

Take Care and lot's of luck!

Lisa - My name is Dana, 33, single, no kids except my 3 animals + 1 (I rescued an ancient Golden Retriever who is completely blind on friday - he was running around in the middle of an intersection - still looking for his owner)

I was born in Vacaville, CAlifornia but now live in Kansas City, MO.

I was banded in April of this year.

Hi, I am so glad to find people like me who don't have any children!! It is very hard to find people who don't want any, especially where I live. I am 30 and live in Tennessee. I have been banded since May. The weight is coming off a little slow, but I agree with people who say don't compare yourself with others. Good luck!

I'm 32 married but we have decided not to have kids. I am hoping to be banded fairly soon. Looking forward to setting the date. I live in the Bay Area California

I', 29, single, no kids, and hoping to lose 40lbs by my 30th birthday on May 31st next year!!! :laugh: That means I have to buckle down and make it work.

I can be found daily on the "I have failed my band- Support Group" thread or clicking on the link on my signature. Hope to talk to you soon! ;)