Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh no! Thanksgiving is coming!!!!!

This is my first Thanksgiving with restriction. Now traditionally, Thanksgiving is one of the two Holidays were not only is it accepted to eat like a pig, but it's expected. I don't want to have to explain to room full of people, wht I'm eating a spoonful of mashed potatoes and a slice of turkey. Has anyone yet handled Thankisgiving, where every one is stuffing themselves to oblivion?

I having my 2nd fill Nov. 19th I am worried about Thanksgiving too. I am concerned about just eating a spoonful. Every thing always taste so good. I am already doing the self talk about enjoy the company not the food.< /p>

lol, i was thinking the same thing! im gonna schedule my fill for nov 7th so i will make sure that i cant overeat on thanksgiving. im just gonna get a lil plate of food, and eat away from the table with everyone to avoid temptation. this is gonna be sooo hard since alot of ppl in my family dont know about my surgery....wish me luck!

Only my dh and mom know about my band. Hopefully I will have my 2nd fill by then meaning more restriction. I plan to eat mostly Protein (turkey) and definitely some collard greens. I actually hope to lose a little weight during that week.

This is my first Thanksgiving with restriction. Now traditionally, Thanksgiving is one of the two Holidays were not only is it accepted to eat like a pig, but it's expected. I don't want to have to explain to room full of people, wht I'm eating a spoonful of mashed potatoes and a slice of turkey. Has anyone yet handled Thankisgiving, where every one is stuffing themselves to oblivion?

You don't need to explain anything, to anyone! IF anyone notices, and I seriously doubt they will, I'd just say you're fine with what you have and you'll go back later if you want more. If you're losing weight, and you're working hard at it, why can't cutting back on the portions at t-day be any different than any other day? No one needs to know about your band if you don't want them to know. Don't stress on the food stuff, focus on the family stuff. Have a beautiful day!

You don't need to explain anything, to anyone! IF anyone notices, and I seriously doubt they will, I'd just say you're fine with what you have and you'll go back later if you want more. If you're losing weight, and you're working hard at it, why can't cutting back on the portions at t-day be any different than any other day? No one needs to know about your band if you don't want them to know. Don't stress on the food stuff, focus on the family stuff. Have a beautiful day!

I really am going to try to focus on being with my family. Some of whom I haven't seen in a year or more. As far as them noticing, they definately will. I am at a real high restriction now, so most of the time I have trouble with turkey and chicken, and all vegetables. I can imagine my family actually thinking I'm anorexic. lol. But I am looking forward to the Holidays Thanksigiving and Christmas are my favoite times of the year.:tongue2:

Only my dh and mom know about my band. Hopefully I will have my 2nd fill by then meaning more restriction. I plan to eat mostly Protein (turkey) and definitely some collard greens. I actually hope to lose a little weight during that week.

If I can get greens down, It will be a very Happy Thanksgiving. I won't need any meat. LOL!:tongue2:

I can definitely understand where you're coming from. My surgery date is scheduled for Nov. 6th. I think I should be on mushies by then but that is still going to be pretty tough. I want be due for my first fill until about a month after the surgery.

I can definitely understand where you're coming from. My surgery date is scheduled for Nov. 6th. I think I should be on mushies by then but that is still going to be pretty tough. I want be due for my first fill until about a month after the surgery.

I know this is bad for me to say, but by Thanksgiving you will probably be able to eat. I hear that you still shouldn't over do it because you can still stretch the stomach, but you will probably be able to have a very small scoop of most things.;) Only because it seems there are many things the band just won't tolerate.I would just stay away from anything with bread like biscuits, cakes etc.

Ok ladies please don't fuss at me I said it was a bad thing for me to say:thumbdown:.

I won't fuss. I am having my 2nd fill the week before Thanksgiving. I could have scheduled it for the week after and still been able to eat everything. I decided that I needed to proceed as I plan to live, so I plan to not eat at the large family gathering where everyone will be watching to see what I eat. Instead, I will eat with my DH and son. That way, if something doesn't agree, I am at home with my own toilet. (I know, TMI)

I am also worried about overeating during Thanksgiving. I talked to my doctor about this and he is giving me an early fill on November 24. I already feel restriction so I know this next fill will be just what I need to keep me from overeating. Absolutely no one in my family knows about my surgery other than my mom and dad. My own brother doesn't even know. My family already sees me losing weight so they may not bombard me with questions when they see me eating a very small amount during the holidays. Good luck to all of you during the holidays. Remember if you mess up don't give up just start over with a clean slate tomorrow.

Hi all,

My surgery is scheduled for the 24th, just a few days before Thanksgiving. I'm actually planning on staying home, because I'll still be transitioning from Clear liquids to full liquids and all the food around me will just be torture. Last weekend I cooked a mini-Thanksgiving for my mom and siblings and they'll just eat elsewhere on that day. I'm a little nervous (and sad) to be home alone on Thanksgiving but much of my extended family doesn't know, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Hello MoreThan...

I feel you with the Thanksgiving deal. I will receive my first fill on 11/24/08. I haven't shared with my family that I received the lapband, so I'm sure there will be a lot of chatter about me not eating like I normally do :blink:.

Best wishes to you!

I'm scheduled for my surgery one week before Thanksgiving! WHen I initially saw the doctor I thought I MIGHT get on the schedule next Jan or Feb, so when they told me Nov 18th I was so happy, then the reality set in. My holidays will be soooo different this year! That made me a little panicky at first, but then I settled down and realized this will be my last Thanksgiving/Christmas where I gain 15 more pounds.

And the most joyful thought is how I will look/feel NEXT Thanksgiving! woo hoo!

BMI 40

Surgery 11/18/08

Jax, FL