Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No insurance, bad credit..only chance of financing fell through :(

I was on these boards like 8 months ago or so...

My family DR had found private financing to "sponsor" my surgery.

Last minute, those plans fell through.

I have no health insurance, no savings and bad credit because a family member took a loan out on my name (desperate times call for desperate measures)

Anyone have any ideas?

I'm 25 and don't want to dig myself into debt ....what options do I have??

Sorry you lost your financing. Banks and private investors are getting very selective about loans now because of the precarious financial state. I think you'd have to be pretty creative now to get financing. Some options are to find local companies who have insurance that covers the surgery or going to work for a local bariatric surgeon in the office. Those are just some ideas. Hope you find something soon!

I was on these boards like 8 months ago or so...

My family DR had found private financing to "sponsor" my surgery.

Last minute, those plans fell through.

I have no health insurance, no savings and bad credit because a family member took a loan out on my name (desperate times call for desperate measures)

Anyone have any ideas?

I'm 25 and don't want to dig myself into debt ....what options do I have??

I was going through this just a few months ago. I'm not sure what your BMI is, but if it's over 47, what ever you do, don't try to go get a private insurance plan. I found out that if you're turned down and you will be if your BMI is over 47, you will be red flagged in the insurance system. That Is BAD!!!! Luckily for me, I had an inside scoop in the insurance industry, so I avoided this nasty scenario.

I took a considerable loan, had an ebay auction of goods donated from friends and family and sold half my house. That's what it took! If your only 25, you may as well get into the debt now. Just think, you'll most likely have it paid off by 35 and you'll be a hot momma!

If it's what you want, you'll make it happen. Good luck!:(

I went thro something similar to u! I actually got my own health insurance thro personal choice its costs $165 a month (and it will be the same for u they go by age) They covered my surgery...go to ibx.com personal choice standard option plan..good thing about personal choice they dont ask any questions (weight smoking etc) so i applied june 20th and got accepted july 1st and got approved for surgery july 8th...u can also call personal choice at 215 557 7577 sorry i dont know the 1800 #...hope this helps u its the way to go

I like the thought of the personal insurance plan listed above. If I were in your shoes, I would start hunting for a decent job with reasonable insurance that would cover it. You would be much better off if you were covered.

I don't have an ideas for you but I wanted to post my sympathies. It must have been tough to have that fall through. Hang in there and check out what some of the others have said.

Good luck!

This probably won't be a popular answer, but you ought to call the police and report identity theft on the person that used your name for their loan. That's illegal, and you shouldn't have your life ruined by their actions.

If you report it to the police AND to the credit bureaus, giving them a copy of the police report, the credit bureaus should take this loan off your credit report, thereby increasing your chances of getting your financing.

I know, it's a family member, and you probably love them, but you are still the victim of a crime. You shouldn't have to pay for their mistake.

Just my opinion.

Another possible option, some of the makers of the bands offer financing. Just go their websites. I have seen the information there.

I'm so sorry, I think though the personal insurance sounds like a good option! I would keep in mind the 'red flag' issue though...that could be a little scary.

I went thro something similar to u! I actually got my own health insurance thro personal choice its costs $165 a month (and it will be the same for u they go by age) They covered my surgery...go to ibx.com personal choice standard option plan..good thing about personal choice they dont ask any questions (weight smoking etc) so i applied june 20th and got accepted july 1st and got approved for surgery july 8th...u can also call personal choice at 215 557 7577 sorry i dont know the 1800 #...hope this helps u its the way to go

Hi there-

This is great information. I was looking online but I don't see a standard option. There is a traditional option, personal choice ppo. Either of those seem familiar to what you have? Thanks.

Which insurance plan did you choose? Because the site looks like BC BS and they have denied me when i tried before. I want to get this underway asap lol. let me know. thanks:thumbup:

What can should i get with obx.com

To get approved so fast were you seeing your family doctor for 6 months before and getting approved what else did this insurance company require you to do to go ahead with the surgery? I am looking into having this done and I just want to make sure I go about it the right way. Your help would be greatly appreciated ive been trying to get this procedure done for 8 months.