Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wanting my band out :(

I am in deep depression. The first few days were fine...

But for the past two days I want this thing out of me. I know I sound crazy. But something tells me now its not for me.

I know this sounds crazy.

But is there anyone out there who has thougth this? :lol:

Do you mind sharing how long you researched the lap band and how long you thought about it before you were banded?

Sorry girls I havent checked in..Ive been tryign to keep myself busy..

Speck..yeah I'll tell ya. I researched Lapband for one year. Then this past Febuary I decided I wanted it done. BUt for my insurance to pay I had to do a six month supervised diet. Which I did.....Ended up a total of 7 months for my approval...then a tad bit longer to schedule.

So I ahve to say I was VERY informed....and it wasnt a rash decision.

So far my depression has got better.

Since July my mom passed away....my dad decided he is moving in with us and this surgery.....soooooooooo I think its ALL of that AND getting the band..which makes it such a hard hit with my emotions...

So tomorrow Im calling my Lapband doc...and my insurance and see what I can do about some counceling.

I cant remember who advised it..but I think IM goin to give it 6mths or so and if I still feel like I want my band out..then I will do it.

I still feel werid having this in me. Its like I can feel it. lol

I appreciate all of you being so nice and helpful...makes me feel so not alone.

Sorry girls I havent checked in..Ive been tryign to keep myself busy..

Speck..yeah I'll tell ya. I researched Lapband for one year. Then this past Febuary I decided I wanted it done. BUt for my insurance to pay I had to do a six month supervised diet. Which I did.....Ended up a total of 7 months for my approval...then a tad bit longer to schedule.

So I ahve to say I was VERY informed....and it wasnt a rash decision.

So far my depression has got better.

Since July my mom passed away....my dad decided he is moving in with us and this surgery.....soooooooooo I think its ALL of that AND getting the band..which makes it such a hard hit with my emotions...

So tomorrow Im calling my Lapband doc...and my insurance and see what I can do about some counceling.

I cant remember who advised it..but I think IM goin to give it 6mths or so and if I still feel like I want my band out..then I will do it.

I still feel werid having this in me. Its like I can feel it. lol

I appreciate all of you being so nice and helpful...makes me feel so not alone.

Your Mom just passed away! It is only natural for you to be depressed. You are still in mourning. Surgery is an assault to your body on it's own. It stresses your body and mind. All kinds of things go out of wack, you have been on your post op diet and so a lot of things are screwed up. All of this is normal, but add the ENORMOUS STRESS of loosing a parent and I think it would be weird if you hadn't felt this way.

My Shrink asked me if I had, I can't remember his exact words, but he asked if I had anything Major going on in my life. I didn't understand so he explained it in simple terms. Recent Death of a Parent was one of the first examples he gave.

I think it is an excellent idea to reach out to your surgeon. Counseling would be a great idea just for the loss of your Mom. Call your insurance. I am sure they can help you find someone.

Hang in there, just know that all the research in the world could not have prepared you for this. Loss of a parent is way up there on the "stress" list. My heart goes out to you. I lost my Dad almost three years ago and I understand how hard this is for you.

I hope everything works out, one way or another. Take Care Debbie

hang in there girlie i was hospitalized twice after surgery for dehydration and i too wanted it out they had to take the prime out of the band. but it is well worth it on 9/30 will be two months post op and ive lost 46 lbs and i feel great ive got the most energy ive had in years. good luck i was miserable too

When I met with the Pysh....I told him mom was sick. But we all thought she would get a transplant and be fine. She died unexpectdly from a brain anerysm we think. That was July 7th. Then I got my approval the very end of August I believe.

Today has been better. I am for sure calling my docs office and insurance about counseling.

I forogt to say also...I quit smoking 36 days ago and have done great. I dont miss it. I think I used food more of a crutch then...and then having surgery..it was a double whammy.

You all are really great and thankyou for such the postive support.

I had mashed potatoes and gravy for the first time today and it was nice eating that. I could have had that 4 days ago but I didnt...I just happend to be at Krogers and they had a hot side set up so i got about a 1/4 c. I only ate 1 oz of it. IT was good...then I found some low fat cheese.(I used to be a HUGE cheese person). It was in a skinny stick which was .95 oz...I ate half of that....it was filling.

So Im starting to do better.

Again..you all are amazing and sweet to support me like this.

I think you'll know in due time whether or not the band will be the right thing for you. I waited over a year and found that to be plenty of time before other comps started happening and my surgeon decided it was a good time to take it out sooner than later.

My father also died right around my band time and losing a parent is a significant loss no matter what age you are. Give youself some time to adjust to all the new changes in your life now. My band really never worked from the beginning and as you can see here most peoples' do so the odds are that yours will also. Don't pressure yourself too soon and see if the band works for you. Take care Nancy.:teeth_smile:

Just an update....

I am feeling SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better.

Whew!

Ive lost 20 lbs in three weeks.

I did make an appointment with a counseler. I know I need it with the three major changes in my life.

Again thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

within the first 2 weeks, I was so regretful of having the operation. I was in such pain, trying to learn everything over again. It sucked!!! But, once that 2 weeks was over, I felt entirely different. I have had such success and feel so wonderful, look so much better...it's temporary, I promise it is. Just go day to day...you'll be OK. Keep us posted!!

Iate.....

Glad to see you're feeling better and made that appointment. You've been through a lot and it's good to be able to talk it out with someone, take care Nancy:smile:.

Going on 5 months post op and I can eat whatever I want. I have lost around 45 pounds with little effort. When you are a newbie bandster and on the liquid diet you feel you will never eat normal again and everything seems scary and new but after some time you will be thrilled to have the band. I cannot even telll that I have it and fills are soooo easy! Give yourself a rest,and relax.

Just an update....

I am feeling SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better.

Whew!

Ive lost 20 lbs in three weeks.

I did make an appointment with a counseler. I know I need it with the three major changes in my life.

Again thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

I am so glad you are feeling better. I have been a little worried about you. I'm glad you made the appointment with a counseler. Sometimes life gets a little TOO big for us to handle.

Twenty Pounds - That is FANTASTIC. Here for you anytime! That's what Samurai's are for. Take care Debbie

But for the past two days I want this thing out of me. I know I sound crazy. But something tells me now its not for me.

But is there anyone out there who has thougth this? :mellow:

I definately am with you. I was banded 20 Aug and some days still wonder if I did the right thing in getting the band. It is a lot of work and there is a lot of IMHO "crap" that goes along with it. But then I look at my pants that are falling off my hips and I see that my blood sugar is <100 every morning and I have to practically slap myself out of my negative thoughts about the band. Hang in there, I do have a few good days a week...;-):cursing:

But is there anyone out there who has thougth this? :cursing:

believe it or not almost everyone will go through the why and what ifs... i had mine on the 26 of sept. this year... I am only 21 and believe you me i went through it all in like 2 days! it will get better!

just keep your head up... the first month is always the hardest!