Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ideas for Mushie stage~

I wanted to get ideas of what people did for their mushie food stage. What did you eat for Breakfast, lunch and dinner to keep you full in between your meals? I am so used to eating 5-6 times a day, that I want to make sure I only eat 3 times a day and stay full in between.

I look forward to your ideas!:smile2:

Here is a sample meal plan.

Breakfast:

1 scrambled egg

1/2 cup canned fruit (packed in own juices)

1/2 cup cream of wheat made w/skim milk

Lunch:

3 ounces canned tuna (packed in water)

1/2 cooked carrots

Snack:

1/2 cup Protein shake

Dinner:

3 ounces ground chicken

1/2 cup cooked green Beans

1/4 cup mashed potatoes made with skim milk

and 64 ounces of Water plus you Calcium citrate and multi Vitamin

Breakfast:

Skim milk- (1st)

Cream of Wheat or oatmeal

I wasn't too innovative on the other meals...

but my popular meal was

ground beef-

Sloppy Joes made with splenda and KC masterpiece low carb bar-b-q sauce.

Hamburger patty with slice of melted cheese.

Meatloaf made with half ground beef and have ground Turkey

Mashed potatoes or baked potatoes on the side...

Refried Beans and ground beef with chili sauce (I work in a Mexican restaurant, this was quick and easy... kind of a home-made impromptu chili.

tuna helper but I made it with salmon instead of Tuna (personal choice, I don't eat tuna- I'm a huge dolphin activist.)

But... today I found a new treat!

Peter pan creamy Peanut Butter, made with Splenda!!:smile2:

It has 9 grams of Protein and only 4 carbs. It's filling and tastes great! I wouldn't have known the difference between that and regular peanut butter! You might want to mix it with a banana or or eat some applesauce on the side to help swallow since you can't have Water while you eat. It also makes a nice little snack in between meals that has a good dose of Protein.< /p>

Hope that helps.

Thank you so much for asking this Shauna. Exactly what I need. I feel so confused about what to eat, how much to eat, serving sizes, etc. And thank you so much pumpkin and themis for your great suggestions. It is easy for me to take your day Pumpkin and sub in the things I like, although I do like many of the things you had. And themis- great suggestions. I never thought about ground beef or turkey being on the mushie stage. I live in Albuquerque New Mexico and I LOVE my chile - both red and green. That is one of the first questions I asked my doctor. I can give up a lot of things, but not my chile. If you think up, or come across any more Mexican food receipes, please share them with me. I am still on liquids and after reading your posts, I am salivating. Can't wait. I know there are supposed to be foods and recipes threads on LBT - do you know how to find them?? Again... thanks!!!! Becky