Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jammin January '07 Bandsters

Hey all, I'm over my pissiness!! Mostly...

Now I'm working on the solution to the problem.

How are you doing?

Tonya, anyway to contact the old list members (from our original January group) for a progress report?

I wonder if we'd just have to PM them all... that would at least go to their email, if they have it set up like that. Maybe we could split up the list between the three of us? The original list should still be at the top of our old thread (I hope!).

So, did you take the horse up to the insurance place? :confused:

The whole boob job is just aggravating. But mostly, as I'm sure you know, it is insurance companies. They act like it is their money.

Today, as I think about our old/young cronies...I think if they were interested, they would have checked in. But maybe they can't find us. Or maybe they have either moved on and don't need the support or maybe they have fallen and are embarrassed to contact us. Whichever it is, maybe it is up to them. I dunno. What do you think?

I hate insurance companies. You are so right about that.

As for the rest of the gang, I'm sure it's a combo of all those things. I think if they were looking for us, we would've seen posts in the old thread. Plus, it's not THAT hard to find this folder. I don't know. It's too bad more people haven't stuck around. If you think we should let it go, I can go along with that. I don't really feel too strongly either way.

I hate insurance companies. You are so right about that.

As for the rest of the gang, I'm sure it's a combo of all those things. I think if they were looking for us, we would've seen posts in the old thread. Plus, it's not THAT hard to find this folder. I don't know. It's too bad more people haven't stuck around. If you think we should let it go, I can go along with that. I don't really feel too strongly either way.

Hello, hello,

I'm so glad to see you guys. I had my surgery on January 22, 2007. I was on this site faithfully and then thought I could go it alone. Guess what? I stopped losing weight. I started at 212 and I am 170 right now. I need to lose 30 more pounds. I have been the same weight for over a year and a half. I am logging my food and trying to up my exercise, but I think I need support from others who have been on this journey with me. I'm glad to know you are all still here. Keep it up and I will too.

edieday

Hi folks,

I actually read your posts regularly but haven't checked in because this band is making me pretty miserable. I just can't get the right restriction and it is so expensive to keep taking the Fluid in and letting me out. My insurance doesn't pay and it cost me 150.00 out of pocket. I had Fluid put in it in Oct. took it out in November and I still have terrible acid reflux. The head of my bed is up 9". I sleep on numerous pillows. Most nights I am up numerous times coughing, choking and vomiting. I don't eat after 6 and go to bed at 12. Sometimes, I just give up and sleep in the recliner. I am at my wits end. I pb numerous times a day no matter what I eat or even drink sometimes. I am considering just giving it up for awhile. I'm afraid I'm ruining my esophagus. And the worse thing...I haven't lost weight in like forever. I have no idea how that is possible. Sometimes, I can only eat mashed potatoes, ice cream or Soup. Forget eating or drinking before 1pm!

Sorry, this is so involved, I would like any imput you all might have. Like I said I'm at my wit's end!!

Thanks,

Susie

Hi Everyone

You sound like a nice bunch of gals. Mind if I join in? I'm a January Bandster but of '08. I need support and motivation because my scale is stuck - maybe it's broke - who knows. Anyways, eating the right thing can be very challenging and exercise is nonexistant. Eating in general is hard with this band. I'm not complaining but chewing and taking small bites is very hard for me. I'm used to shoveling it in and when I'm hungary I eat too fast. Thanks for listening. Hope to hear from you guys.

The more the merrier...please join.

Susie, I'm dealing with reflux issues right now so I read your post with great interest. This started about four months ago..out of the blue. I haven't had a fill since last January. But I certainly feel more restricted. I keep thinking that I should consult with a doc so I can see if there is something wrong..such as a flap that isn't closing properly. What has your doctor told you?

I'm guessing Tonya is recouping from her surgery, but how are the rest of you?

We are expecting a 60 degree day, altho the wind will blow...I'm spending time outside..yeah!!

Hi Girls,

I can't believe it. I had to really force myself but I got on my treadmill today. Anyone else having trouble with the good old exercise thing.

Hi to Edie, Susie, and Bandana! Great to hear from you all!

I have excellent restriction right now. For awhile, I thought I was too tight, but then I realized I was eating about 1/2 cup of food at a time, and that's what I was always told I should aim for. So here I am! It is still so hard to get my head around that. It just seems like nothing! But, I'm full, so I can't complain. Weight is creeping off slowly -- I'm having a hard time fitting in exercise. This week I'm devoting myself to setting up a resistance training workout for when I'm at home with the baby. I have bands, dumbbells, and a step, so this should be no problem at all! I just have to do it!

Bandana - It's been two years, and I still have a hard time remembering to slow down when eating. I have gotten myself in trouble many a time when I throw down those first few bites too fast. Ugh, I hate it.

I'm failing at the exercise thing. I'm busy with the day to day things of having land, horses and dogs..but nothing that you get cardio over. I've got to knuckle down. It was almost nice enough to go for a long walk but I decided to go riding instead. The horse got his cardio!

It is so nice to have a few more "faces" here...

Susie and Sula - My doctors started doing this laproscopic procedure for reflux. They just started it in NJ. Maybe going on their website will help. Since it's new I don't know if it will be there. There phone number is 732-761-1740, and their website is: INFO@ENDO-SURGICAL.COM. dR. Washington and Dr. SAdek do this procedure.

Juno610 - Thanks so much for the support.

I must say that I did get on the treadmill the last 2 days. It was soooooo hard to muster up the energy and motivation. Hope I can keep it up.

Wow, I leave for a bit and I see the old gang back!!! What an encouragement for me to see you guys back online!

I can't talk (or type) long, It hurts to sit. I had my surgery last week, its been 1 week since I said good-bye to my uteris (i know tmi), but already feel like a new woman. It hurts down below, and hurts to sit but for the most part doing pretty good.

I did not get the Tummy Tuck, mainly because the doc that was going to do it couldn't fit me in until Feb and I had to have my surgery in January. I couldn't go another month, just couldn't do it, tummy tuck or no tummy tuck, big bertha (My Uterys (sp??) had to go!!!! She was causing me misery!!!!!

Anyhow, I will check back when I can sit and type longer, I just wanted to pop in and say hello!

OH, by the way, you would think that taking something out of me the size of a beach ball would cause me to LOSE weight, but I put on 12 pounds since surgery, then turned around and lost 7 overnight. I guess so much liquids pumped into me, made me gain. I did have to spend 2 nights in the hospital.

Well, again, gotta go, hurts to sit, but I promise to check in later.

Night Night.

ahhhhh, I come back and everyone leaves? Where is everyone? I'm going stir crazy stuck at home, and today we get an ice storm, so looks like I will be stuck at home a little longer.

Just swinging by to check on everyone, I'm recovering, slowly but surely. Can't wait to be back to normal.

I'm losing the weight again. Weighed in at 169, I was 166, so I'm just a few pounds up still. But having big Bertha out, might help in the weightloss area. Yay!