Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jammin January '07 Bandsters

Hi all,

I'm feeling soooo much better, but my eating is not doing sooo much better. I'm trying to knuckle down this week and stay on my program. I can do it...I just have to make myself. I'm also going to set up a fill for next week. Need to get back after it.

How are you all doing?

Hi all,

My friend had gastric sleeving done and I kinda wish I had waited and done the sleeve. She hasn't had any problems to date. It's been about nine months. Of course none of us had all these problems early on either right?

Talk again soon,

Susie

I wish I would have had the sleeve too. I have a friend who had it done too, its been 1 year. The thing I like about the sleeve is it does everything the band is supposed to do, except you don't have to get fills.

I am happy that I had something done, I sill love my band, I'm thinner than I have been in 18 years, off my diabetic medication, and look better than I did in my 30's. But, the sleeve sounds like a perfect tool. But oh well, I have the band and I will just work with what I got....:)

There are several on here that have moved from the band to the sleeve and are happy with it. I know my insurance doesn't cover the sleeve, and it did cover the band. I think as time goes on, they will start covering the sleeve.

My brother is considering the sleeve, but he will be cash pay.

I ended up a couple days in the hospital with abdominal pain. After a bunch of testing, I found I have a diseased gallbladder (coming out soon), stomach polyps (removed, benign), ulcers in my esophagus (not Barretts thank God), and mild gastritis. Oh yeah, and two small kidney stones.

All I have to say is this is the wake-up call I've been needing to get my crap together. I've only lost another two pounds. Eep!

Glad to see you pop in! You have been away forever! So sorry to hear about your pains and in the hospital. I'm sure thats not easy especially with a new baby too. I've had my gallbladder out about 5 years ago, so I don't have to worry about that. I also had ulcers in my esophagus, but they are better now. I find eating spicey food irritates them. I love my spicey food too!

Ouch, kidney stones! I've never had them but people who I know have had them and they say it is horrible pain. I hope you pass them soon! Did they tell you what causes kidney stones?

Hi all,

I'm feeling soooo much better, but my eating is not doing sooo much better. I'm trying to knuckle down this week and stay on my program. I can do it...I just have to make myself. I'm also going to set up a fill for next week. Need to get back after it.

How are you all doing?

So glad the unfill is making you feel better! Getting on track with eating is the hard part. I tell you, joining Weight Watchers has really helped me do that. You can eat anything, however, you just eat in moderation. Thats the one thing I enjoy about the WW program. Its taught me to eat like a bandster should. Or I guess I should say, its teaching me. I am not there yet, but learning.

After 2 years, still trying to learn to eat like a bandster, can you believe it?

I have no regrets either about the band, although the sleeve sounds better now that I've heard about it. I am still happy I did something about my weight. The band might not be as fast as I wanted it to go, but I am moving downward and I am not moving upward like I have done so many times in the past. I don't worry about going back to the 240's ever again!

I feel like I need another fill, however, I know it will make me have bad reflux and with my barrets esophagus, I just cant afford that. So, I'm going to make this fill I have work. I'm just trying to eat the WW way, which is small protions. Its the way I need to eat anyway. I just have to stay away from the chocolate!!!!!!:)

Okay, Weight Watchers meeting last night, DIDN'T LOSE 1 ounce! Am I mad? NO. I went out to eat Friday night with another couple, then we went to a club to socialize a bit. I haven't drank in awhile, my DH doesn't drink at all, so he was our driver. I ended up drinking 2 drinks and then we got crazy and had a shot of tequila. ouch.

I paid for it the next day! I was so lathargic the next day and then ate all the bad stuff AGAIN.

So then Sunday rolls around, I have a big Turkey dinner for a group of friends at my house, lots of dressing, mashed potatoes, and who could forget dessert. pumpkin cheesecake, double chocolate chip Cookies, need I say more?

Well, its not like I ate a lot, however, I did try it all. So, I was not surprised I didn't lose weight this week. However, I was pleasantly surprises I didnt gain weight. I was happy to stay exactly the same.

Next week will be better! I weighed this morning and already dropped another pound. My scales showed 164.

I really like the accountability of gong to the WW meetings and weighing in each week. It keeps me honest. I also have a friend that joined and she goes to the Monday night meetings with me, so it also motivates me to have a buddy.

Well, I better get to work. I will check in later. Hope everyone is doing great!

I scheduled a fill for next tuesday. You can sure tell when you don't have any restriction.

Tonya, at one time you had all your fill taken out. When they began to fill you up again, how much did they put in? Did they start with small fills or go up a bit more in the beginning and then add more in increments?

I think it is so awesome that you are doing the WW. I am really considering it. I'd have to work my work schedule a bit but I just might. I have rescheduled my breast reduction stuff for November with the hopes that I'll lose some weight so insurance will be more cooperative. I might need the additional support and accountability of a group.

Tonya, at one time you had all your fill taken out. When they began to fill you up again, how much did they put in? Did they start with small fills or go up a bit more in the beginning and then add more in increments?

Actually I have never had all of my fill taken out. The time that I got too much of a fill and couldn't swallow my saliva and ended up in the hospital for dehydration, they still only took out about 2 cc's. I was at 4 cc, they dropped me down to a 2cc. I was really swollen from PBing my saliva all night and the 2 cc's seemed like good restriction for about a week, but then I was wide open. I went back about 3 or 4 weeks later and they just filled me up to 3.8 cc's I believe.

I think it is so awesome that you are doing the WW. I am really considering it. I'd have to work my work schedule a bit but I just might. I have rescheduled my breast reduction stuff for November with the hopes that I'll lose some weight so insurance will be more cooperative. I might need the additional support and accountability of a group.

Well, I think its a good program. It teaches me to eat the way a bandster should eat. I dont like the slowness of it, but hey, at least I'm not bouncing the same 5 or 10 lbs that I've been doing over the last year. So, it seems like I pretty much stay down. I'm hoping to lose 2 lbs this week since I'm really trying - or at least thats my goal - I want to average that 1 lb a week and so far I've been doing it. :sneaky: Let me know if you have any questions and I would be happy to answer them.

Sula,

To jump in on a question of yours, I had all the liquid taken out because of acid reflux. He is putting it in at 1cc per month. I have very little restriction he put one in last month and I'm going for another fill in 10days.

I tried the ww thing. I'll probably go back again. I can't always make it to the same meeting each week because of my work schedule (I work at a bank). So if I don't go I tend to back slide alot...lol. I need to find a meeting and lecturer I like.

Susie

Glad to see you pop in! You have been away forever! So sorry to hear about your pains and in the hospital. I'm sure thats not easy especially with a new baby too. I've had my gallbladder out about 5 years ago, so I don't have to worry about that. I also had ulcers in my esophagus, but they are better now. I find eating spicey food irritates them. I love my spicey food too!

Ouch, kidney stones! I've never had them but people who I know have had them and they say it is horrible pain. I hope you pass them soon! Did they tell you what causes kidney stones?

They never actually said what causes them, but they did tell me to stay hydrated (of course, something I struggle with). I have my surgery consult this morning, so I'll check in again later.

Juno - how are you? When is your surgery?

Hello to everyone else too!

The past week has been going great for me. I almost called and made an appointment for a fill, but decided I would just stick this one out.

I've been to the gym 6 days, tonights my weigh in at Weight Watchers, so I better lose!!!! According to my scales I'm down to 163 - lowest I have been EVER, in 19 years!!!!!!

I havent been in the 150's - well, I can't even remember, I guess right after I got married. I weighed about 140 when I got married, then quickly put on 10 lbs - eating out all the time, honeymoon, etc. I remember getting to 155 about 4 months after we were married and I was horrified. But I pretty much stayed there until I got pregos with me son (about a year after we were married).

Anyhow, my point is, its been so long since I've been this close to be healthy again. 155 is a healthy weight for me according to the BMI charts. Just to see "your healthy" is going to bring me to tears, I just can't wait! I'm only 8 lbs from being healthy, who would have ever thunk it?

I'll check back later, how is everyone doing? Hows the reflux issues? Mine is so much better, haven't had it in quite some time.

Hi Girls

I'm back and are wondering how everyones doing. I see Sunshine is doing better with her reflux Great news.

I haven't lost any weight and think I might need an unfil but the doctors are still telling me that they can';t take out a small amount so I'm scared of an unfil.

You won't believe it - there was an ad in my local newspaper for a exercise study. 9- 1/2 sessions with a personal trainer for $20, and you get your $20 back if you complete all 9. Can you believe that. I'm sure they want you to join their gym at the end.

Anyway I went today for 1st session and they really worked me out. haven't worked out at all for about a month. they killed me, but I needed it. Talk soon.

Hi all,

Sounds like you are all doing well. I went eating crazy for the past two weeks and am now trying to rein myself in. I did a modified liquid diet yesterday but had a Protein solid food dinner. I go in for a fill today and really need one. I think I put on about 8 pounds!! Yikes. But I sort of gave myself permission to pig out knowing I had to get back on track this week. I know...just shooting myself in the foot. I'm on liquids today due to the fill.

I started the 10 minute workout..which is 10 of cardio, 10 abs, 10 lower body..I'm so sore I can hardly walk. It is by the guy who does the PX90...and goes on the theory of "stacking" which is working more than one area at a time. You gym folks probably already do that...but first time for me. Anyway, it was kinda fun but I'm sure paying the price today. I need to do something today but I'm so sore...I'll just push through...no excuses, right?

Bandana..I don't get that they won't take some out? What is the reason for that?

You won't believe it - there was an ad in my local newspaper for a exercise study. 9- 1/2 sessions with a personal trainer for $20, and you get your $20 back if you complete all 9. Can you believe that. I'm sure they want you to join their gym at the end.

Anyway I went today for 1st session and they really worked me out. haven't worked out at all for about a month. they killed me, but I needed it. Talk soon.

Wow, that is a great deal! Wish I had that kind of deal where I live. I had a personal trainer once and I loved it. But it got too expensive so I couldn't do it as long as I wanted to.

I started the 10 minute workout..which is 10 of cardio, 10 abs, 10 lower body..I'm so sore I can hardly walk. It is by the guy who does the PX90...and goes on the theory of "stacking" which is working more than one area at a time. You gym folks probably already do that...but first time for me. Anyway, it was kinda fun but I'm sure paying the price today. I need to do something today but I'm so sore...I'll just push through...no excuses, right?

You go girl! I usually do my lowerbody and abs one day, and some cardio, then do my upper body the next day with cardio. I try and do cardio everyday.

If your sore, just do some walking, it will help with the soreness believe it or not.

I haven't lost any weight and think I might need an unfil but the doctors are still telling me that they can';t take out a small amount so I'm scared of an unfil.

They can if they will just do it. All they have to do is take out 1 cc and then add .8 cc's back in. Thats a net loss of .2 ccs for you. Its amazing what just a fraction of an unfill can do.