Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jammin January '07 Bandsters

IMy restriction that I had last week has lessened by quite a bit. I'm going to plan on another fill probably in May to get back to where I was....8cc's. It was good to feel that much and know I had to be careful. I had on PB.,..but I really was being so careful. And Portion Control was great!!

I've noticed mine has really gotten lose. I am eating more too I think. I think I'm going to go ahead and schedule another fill. I swear I think I have a tiny leak, and if he pulls my fill out and I don't have much, I'm going to demand more test to see if I have a leak!

I got up, went out in the dark and walked/ran for an hour...more walk than run, but I felt like I could actually run for a change. It is never an easy task..I'm not one of those natural runners...But I actually felt pretty good. And I felt stronger than I have in forever. That is a good feeling.!

Good for you!!! I always admire those joggers, it always looks so fun and fullfilling when I see someone run. I've always wish I could be one of those runners, but now with my knee problems, I could never do it. But I've read its the fastest way to lose weight!

Side note.... near a town called Choteau (where Dave Lettermans other home is) is a lake called Freezeout. THis time a year and in the late fall, there is a snow geese migration..where 100's of thousands of them go through. So, we are enjoying the migration. When I got back from my exercise this morning...there is a pond just across from out house...and it was covered with snow geese! It was quite a site. I need to drive to Freezeout...about 20 miles to really see the big amount. Kinda neat!

Oh my DH would love to see that! He wakes up from a dead sleep and runs to look out the windo when he hears geese flying over! He is love to hunt the geese, but he also just like to watch them. He goes to Canada every year to do Candian Goose hunting, and then he hunts around our are for Geese and Ducks. But he also just enjoys watching their nature. Sounds like it is a beautiful sight.

I'm not as hung up as I was right after I got the surgery, about people knowing. My family, a few friends...then the second year a few more. I guess I still get stuck with people thinking this is the easy way out, but if you're in the trenches...such as our spouses, or closer people, they know you really have to work at it. Or we'd be there by now, right!!

Snowing here right now...I get a free pass on my walk tomorrow...YEEAH!!

Sula - The surgeon said he didn't want to take it out now because it's "not affecting my daily life." Well, I might argue that one. I'm going to be getting a second opinion. I think the gastritis is making my stoma smaller, so perhaps a small unfill is in order. I've thrown up a few times lately -- once so badly I got petechia around my eyes. Scary!

Keep an eye on it. I think mine got swollen due to the frequent PB's and sometimes vomits. And mostly from the constant irritation from the reflux...would make me sit up and hack and cough up stuff in the middle of the night. I feel so much betten now.

Hey group, where are ya? Busy I suspect..probably at the gym. I need someone to hold my hand and drag my ARSE out of bed in the mornings!!!

I"m going to go look for bandsters to pester on the list. :smile:

I'm here! Just busy as a bee these days. Weight holding steady at 162 to 164. I bounce back and forth. Man, I can't wait until I get out of the 160's. 155 and I will be at a healthy weight for my height.

I did call and make me an appointment for a fill, I go May 18th. I haven't had one in over 6 mos, and I think I need one.

I'm here! Just busy as a bee these days. Weight holding steady at 162 to 164. I bounce back and forth. Man, I can't wait until I get out of the 160's. 155 and I will be at a healthy weight for my height.

I did call and make me an appointment for a fill, I go May 18th. I haven't had one in over 6 mos, and I think I need one.

I hear you on the busy bee stuff. I'm booked up with STUFF until the third weekend of may. So, THAT Is where the days go!

I do see my lawn greening up. I'm kinda reved up about that. Better than the dull brown OR white snow!

I'm trying to watch what I'm eating and drinking. I had such a busy day yesterday that I totally missed the Water. First time I've done that in a long time.

I think you are amazing in your weight loss and I'm can't imagine why those darn last pounds are hanging on for dear life. Don't they know they are being rejected?

I'm here! And still miserable. I now have a sinus infection -- a horrible one. :sad:

I saw my band doc yesterday. He agreed that it would be rushing it to go in for my gallbladder just now. He backed off my fill a bit, and doubled my omeprazole. I go back in 4 weeks for a check up. Unfortunately, the unfill hasn't seemed to do much. I still can't eat much. I tried salad today -- ate about 3 bites, gave up, and gurgled for two hours. I was even afraid to drink anything after that. I'm just so frustrated.

Sula -- I'm so bad about Water too. I'm trying to track everything at myfitnesspal.com, and it's really hitting home how little hydration I'm getting. Heck, maybe that's the answer to all my problems!

When I got so tight with my reflux, about all I could do was hydrate. So, I think I've got to focus on that a bit more. Being a 7cc's rather than the 8 I have been at, I can sure tell. I'm getting afraid to get near the scale. My self-willpower sucks@@

Okay, I've been loose for awhile, I make an appointment for a fill and BAM - I'm tight again. What the He*&? I even had reflux last night, first time in ages. Had to get up and sleep on the couch so I could sleep sitting up.

I am full after just 1/4 to 1/2 cup of food, perfect restriction for me, however, how long will this last? I guess I will ride it out and see what happens and if it is still tight on 5/18 (my fill appt), then I will have to cancel. So weird how this band is so darn fickle!

I am leaving for Cancun next week! (4/22/09) Not sure if I told you guys about it, but I'm going for a 5 day trip with my cousin, she invited me, its totally free for me, she is going with her company for an awards ceramony. Its at an all inclusive, 5 star resort, so I'm just a little pumped up about it.

I'm so looking forward to NO KIDS, NO HUSBAND, NO DOG, NO HOUSEWORK, NO WORK, NO PHONE CALLS, NO COMPUTER, NO NOTHING EXCEPT RELAXATION!!!!! I plan on exercising while I'm there, because I know I will eat BAD! Exercise is the most work I plan on doing. I want to relax on the beach with a fruity umbrella drink in my hand!

The weather here sucks! I'm so sick of the cold, I'm so ready for spring! So I've got spring fever really really bad, so the trip to Cancun is just what I need. The temp today is 80 degrees there, here in Oklahoma, its 48. Yuck!

Okay, I'm GREEN with envy. Cancun sounds delicious. I could go for a week on the beach. But great for you to include exercise with it. Sometimes I think it is fun to work out at those resorts. I guess a change of scenery. I'm sure you will spend time in the Water as well. We were supposed to do Cancun a couple of years ago but that fell through. Bummer.

Anyway, sounds so relaxing and WARM.

Cancun! How awesome! And free too! Can't beat that. I hope you have a great time!

Well, I'm headed back to the band doc today. Even with that unfill last week, I'm still only on liquids, barely. Every sip gurgles and gurgles. Yesterday, I barfed up a pill. A pill! Really? It's too much. So, I'm going back today for more unfill. I'm really going to try to convince him to get me a barium swallow. I'm just worried about a slip at this point.

Juno, sounds like a good idea to me. I am being so cautious...but I think I will schedule another fill soon. I did so well with the 8cc's for about 10 months before things went south. I'm at 7cc's now (10cc band) and feel I can eat just about anything. I like knowing that I can't eat certain foods and that keeps me on track better. I think I will be even more careful with it tho.

I will be out of town for the rest of the week so you all keep plugging away. Tonya, have a terrific time next week. We will want to hear all about it and live vicariously through you. We just had another 2 inches of snow yesterday..*&%^#$#*@)#&

Back from the weekend fun...and it wasn't good for my weight. Geez, I need to get a grip or I'm gonna be back in BIG trouble.

I'm going to try to eat right every day this week and then schedule a fill for next. That is my plan. And tomorrow, I hit the road again for my walk run.