Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Drink Suggestions

Guest BikiniBeachy

I was using a Low Carb Slimfast and adding a scoop of Unjury either vanilla or chocolate and it was delicious. I like Unjury in anything, the only kind of powder I can stand the taste of and there is no smell.

Walmart was the only store in my area to sell the Low Carb Slimfast and they ran out. So here is my new recipe and I love it!

Freeze nonfat yogurt - remove and place in refrig when you go to bed at night

1/2 cup skim milk

1 scoop of Unjury

Blend with stick blender

It is great, a lot less money then $2.11 can of LC Slimfast. There are more carbs from the yogurt, but I bought food Lion brand 10 for $4.

l thought all of it had a terrible smell...the unflovored had a slight taste, but again it was the smell..like l said earlier, perhaps if l had used a sports bottle where my nose wasn't in the glass l could have done. it...l was afraiud to buy it, after having the sample..Yes l also tried the chicken soup...lt was different...maybe not bad..l also tried the strawberry sorbet or raspberry sorbet...still didn't care for it. Good luck and lreally hope its a product for you

EAS makes a carmel Latte that is yummy. It is hit and miss at Walmart though.

OK, my initial consult is tomorrow, my 49th birthday. I can already tell you girls(guys?) are where to go for the 411 on this process. Any suggestions on one specific question you wish you had asked at the onset?

First, Happy Birthday!

I didn't really have any real questions that I wished I had asked. I think it is because my doctor's office was really thorough with the information. I have at least 2 books worth of information that they gave me. I think that most of the doctor's staff is so used to this now that they answer your question before you even knew you wanted to ask. I know each office is different, but I left feeling like I was in really knowledgeable hands. One thing I can say, if you find yourself in need of info, the people here know quite a bit! Good luck at your consult.

Anne, what part of Indiana do you live? I am from Evansville, but live in TN now.

Hi!

I tried the unflavored unjury in some Jello SF choc bliss pudding and it didn't taste bad. I used two puddings and one package of the Unjury. I DID notice a smell when I opened the package but the chocolate covered it up I guess.

Each pudding cup was 60 calories and had 3g of Fiber and 2g of Protein. So, total calories were 200, Fiber 6g, Protein 24g. So far, I'm pretty full and it's been about 2 hours.

I'll try the chicken Soup later and let you know.

~~anne

I got them in the mail yesterday but haven't tried any yet. I will start trying them and let you know!

~~anne

Wow, came fast. Hope mine get here so I can see if I like them and order more. My surgery is mon. So far the 1 kind I tried was nasty, so I'm hoping those will be better, with Jello and crystal light etc.

OK, my initial consult is tomorrow, my 49th birthday. I can already tell you girls(guys?) are where to go for the 411 on this process. Any suggestions on one specific question you wish you had asked at the onset?

Happy Birthday! How did your consult go?

Hi!

I tried the unflavored unjury in some Jello SF choc bliss pudding and it didn't taste bad. I used two puddings and one package of the Unjury. I DID notice a smell when I opened the package but the chocolate covered it up I guess.

Each pudding cup was 60 calories and had 3g of fiber and 2g of Protein. So, total calories were 200, fiber 6g, Protein 24g. So far, I'm pretty full and it's been about 2 hours.

I'll try the chicken Soup later and let you know.

~~anne

oops, didn't see this post. good to know. if its not bad the 1st time, maybe its easier to get used to. :confused:

I have tried about 20 different kinds, pre mixed, powdered, power shots, etc, and have about 15 more to try. I have probably spent 60-70 dollars on samples. I've only gotten things that come in single serve or sample packs, so that limits the selection a little. I am not normally a big Health food fan, I go to a farmers market, and use a specialty butcher, but that's fresh food as opposed to health food. Anyway, Spiru-tein that I found at a health food store where I buy my fruit is really good! I figured I'd pay 1.50 each for a couple single serve packs, and they'd be mediocre at best, but the Chai latte, cappuchino and black cherry chocolate were all really good. I went back and got big containers of each of those, as well as a few different flavors in the sample size. I was amazed that a health food store would have that many Protein drinks and such. FYI- they are vegetarian and Kosher, if anyone is looking for that. My husband makes fun of me because I have a little grid setup for my taste reviews. But it is so subjective, what one person will like and what other people will like is not always the same. Just look at any of the threads on here about the Protein Drinks, people saying smething is great, then someone else says it tastes like "fruit flavored feet" which is an actual quote.

Anyway, I recomend trying for your self, what others like won't neccisarily work for you. Some of the recomendations I got were HORRIBLE to me, but plenty of others like it.

I'm thinking this may a repetitive post, but I wanted to maybe post a fresh one so newly banded people would see it and be able to put their 2cents in.

I am getting ready to go to the Vitamin Cottage (Natural Grocers) or GNC - whichever - to buy my Protein supplements. I need three weeks worth, that includes my post-op liquids and mushies.

I would love to hear which drinks and powders everyone used. I need a "tasteless" Protein powder as well as Water and milk based liquids and additional powders. I would love a variety, so I don't get tired of a specific supplement.

What is your favorite, and least favorite? Any tips are so welcome, I already heard from my lovely MI-illusion that OJ and vanilla Protein Powder tastes like creamsicles!

Can't wait to hear, thanks guys.

Go to Walmart and get you some of the Atkins shakes. they have 15g of Protein and taste wonderful. Pretty cheap too.

i started my full liquid diet on monday 09/22. i have been mixing the Atkins advantage vanilla shakes with a little bit of v8 fusion pomegranite juice and it is really good. i know this diet it supposed to sugar free but i just cant do it. your body needs a little sugar anyway. i have lost 7 pounds so far!

i ordered a lot of things from vitaminshoppe.com but the shipping seems really slow and i can get the atkins shakes at walgreens.