Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think I have done pretty good with not cheating since I have been banded. I won't lie, I have cheated a few times here and there, but nothing bad. I'd stop at a couple bites of chicken salad or a bite of pickle. But today, it has been a totally different story.

I have no idea what is going on. I had my first adjustment on Monday this week. I still feel no restriction whatsoever. I have cheated really bad today too. I have had 8 Cookies. I called my surgeons office and they let me make another appointment for another adjustment, but its not until Thursday.

I am so disappointed in myself for cheating like this. I don't know why I have let myself do this today. I dont even think it is physical hunger, I'm pretty sure it is all mental. But something happened today and I couldn't stop myself. Its like it wasn't even me eating those Cookies. I hate myself for this. What is going on here.

I talked to my husband about it and he said its my body trying to gain the weight back. Could this be possible? Is this what is going on? How am I going to make it until my next adjustment? Will I make it without gaining weight by then? I'm about in tears over this. I can't help but to wonder, is the band going to work for me or is it just another lost cause?

Someone, please please help me.

You made a mistake. Forgive youself and get back on track. We are all going to be on a learning curve, so expect to make errors in judgement at some point without thinking. You have been doing well up to now, so just dust yourself off and keep going.

If your band is like mine, it isn't working yet. From what I understand, it could take months. At least you are allowed to get another fill. I have to wait four weeks between each one. In the meantime, I lose nothing. Don't beat yourself up.

Don't worry about it see my thread Cookies are the devil

I have been cookie free for about a week ...just count your calories and stay below 1000

If u eat 8 cookies that doesn't leave u any room for your meals calorie wise...count your calories on myfitness pal.com

Good luck from one cokie monster to another

You made a mistake. Forgive youself and get back on track. We are all going to be on a learning curve, so expect to make errors in judgement at some point without thinking. You have been doing well up to now, so just dust yourself off and keep going.

Hey slim, I see you are from chattanooga. I'm about 30 miles from Chattanooga. I live in Kimball (Jasper) area. Where are you having your band done? I had to go all the way to Knoxville to have mine done.

Stacy, it's JUST COOKIES! Get a grip and put it in perspective woman! Big woop. You husband and kids are alive and with you, you are on the road to being a frisky broad, you've come thru insurance and those nasty preop and postop diets, and you ate 8 Cookies. What a big hairy deal! You KNOW until you get sufficient fill the band most likely won't do much. I ate a donut today! I am not going to hell over a donut! I may not eat another for 3 years. I get my first fill Oct 9 and was told it may take 4 times OR MORE to feel sufficient restriction. You KNOW this. So stop being so miserable about 8 lousy cookies, crying and so on. You were tough when you had to do that liquid thing, you were tough when it mattered the most. Now, you can relax a little. Try to make good choices but if you occasionally eat a cookie, move on. I know once you get the proper restriction you'll be eating like you're supposed to, Protein then veggie then fruit, and you'll drop weight like it's hot and you'll feel great. Don't be so hard on yourself.

For me, thinking Cookies are evil etc doesn't work. They're just cookies. The ONLY power they have over me is power I give them. Period. You ate them, it's over.

Hey slim, I see you are from chattanooga. I'm about 30 miles from Chattanooga. I live in Kimball (Jasper) area. Where are you having your band done? I had to go all the way to Knoxville to have mine done.

Dr. Ponce is doing my surgery at Memorial Hospital.

For me, thinking Cookies are evil etc doesn't work. They're just Cookies. The ONLY power they have over me is power I give them. Period. You ate them, it's over.

Right on!:thumbup:

Just remember today was only ONE day, just learn from it and move on.

Like others said your band it not working yet if you have no restriction so dont worry to much be stong eat well and your next fill might put you in the weight loss zone :thumbup:

did you have the old lap band or the new one? I have heard the new one is way better on the restriction. Also, yea dont beat yourself up. try better the next day. If u have no restriction, go to Body-for-LIFE they (having nothing to do with lapband) tell there people to eat 3 meals protien and complex carbs and veggies each meal, then they say have 2-3 Snacks like a protien shake or protien EAS snack bar. Do that kinda. Eat your meals, still hungry drink kelloggs protien Water, after a couple of hours still hungry have a protien shake. Anyway thats all i can say. Exercise.. and dont sweat the mistakes.. it will make u eat more!

Even if you had great restriction, 8 Cookies would probably not sit in your banded stomach for very long anyways (unless they were oatmeal or something else more fiberous). Just get back on wagon and don't beat yourself up.

The "old me" would have eaten a whole big bag not just 8.

Just try to make healthier choices in the future. Nobody has said you can't ever have cookies ever again.

The fact that you are on here writing about it and fretting about it is a good sign you are acknowledging your "slip". If you had just thought oh well another failure....I just as well eat some more .....Then we would be worried. LOL

You will do fine.

Sassy... I can't say I am going to be as cool as everyone else on the whole cookie issue, but I can understand where everyone is coming from. I have not had my surgery yet so I cant say to much. I know how hard it is.. I am a HUGE sweet lover.. What I did for myself to get through this is to 1. Believe I am better then the sweets :thumbup: 2. Take all the sweets out of my house that way there is no temptation. 3. When I go to work I take 2 Protein shakes and 3 waters and no cash.. I always remind myself why I am doing what I am doing and if I start to feel hungry I will drink plenty of Water.. No it is not as good as that cookie would have been, but it will fill my tummy up enough to take my mind off of it. I have also found lots of things to do with my time .. I browse here a lot.. I watch shows on DVD or once I have recorded so I dont have to see food commercials.. You just have to figure out what is going to work for you.. True today was only one day and you ate 8 Cookies, but from the way everyone was making it sounds is like its not a big deal.... No it wont make you fall off the wagon and no you should NOT FEEL guilty or be upset at yourself for it, but you should remember how you felt today and remember you don't want to feel that way again.. Because if you look at it like today was today 8 Cookies today will become 8 cookies tomorrow and the next day and so on...

So basically I am just trying to say instead of beating yourself up .. Find a way to beat your temptations.. Create a plan of action.. Like next time you want a cookie or you want something you should not have then have a plan that will distract you from that cookie... Anyways, I hope some of this helps.. We are all here to support each other that is why we signed up... I wish you the best of success and I hope your fill day comes soon for you :) take care

Hi I was banded in Johnson City August 22nd. Look at it this way. You ate 8 Cookies do you remember when you ate cookies and had no idea how many until the bag was gone and you were getting up to get chips.< /p>

What I am saying is you are aware of what you are eating how much and trying to figure out why. You have the support of your family all of these are much more positive than the negative of eating 8 cookies. Let it go and try to stay on track the next meal.