Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Maybe Losing my Band!!

It started last week and since then I have been able to keep very little down! I have been Sliming since then and what it seems like is my own spit is blocking my stomach.............I have had an upper GI and my ban has not slipped but it is tight as the devil..........and guess what I haven't had a fill yet! I was suppose to get one on Tuesday but since I am constantly throwing up my own spit the Doctor and I want to see what is going on with my band. This sucks I was doing so well with it too..........the doc thinks that my body may be rejecting the band causing it to become tighter and tighter! So far today I have only be able to keep down water!! Please Please say a prayer.........I really don't want to lose my Band friend but my body can't live off of Water either........I really want to cry right now....I went through so much just to get the insurance to cover the procedure only for it to last a few weeks!! I don't know what to do.........he is giving me to Monday and if I haven't eating anything by then ........then he has no choice! He thinks that maybe my esophagus is having issues as well......................

signed,

Beauty and the Band (Corny I know :biggrin:)

I'll say a prayer for you.

teri

Whew! Reality check for me! I was banded one day before you and like you, I like my band. I also have a lot of restriction. I saw my doc yesterday for my first fill and requested to put it off because I can barely eat! So far I can still get down little amounts but your situation concerns me. I will keep you in my prayers. Does warm tea help cut your slime? It seems to relax my stomach. Please keep me informed. Thanks :biggrin:

I'll definitely be sending good thoughts your way! I also had to fight my insurance for almost a year to get banded and I would be sooo sad to lose it (just got banded yesterday). Good luck!

I am so sorry that this is happening. Please keep us posted on what happens.

Are there no other options then losing your band. Like maybe some steroids and antihistamines or something like that to help your body normalize before taking such a drastic step. You are in my thoughts.

Best wishes.

Stay on liquids until the weekend, then try drinking something hot then eating something soft. I have been very tight lately and the hot liquid does help. I also don't even attempt really solid or dry food right now. Maybe your stomach has just gotten irritated somehow and needs some time. You are in my prayers.

Yes, I'm very curious to see what happens with you...I haven't heard of this type of complication before. Can he not put in a larger band? I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. Please be sure to stay hydrated which can be difficult, but is so very important! If you start to feel lethargic and/or have vision changes, make sure you go to the ER....those are signs of dangerous dehydration!

It started last week and since then I have been able to keep very little down! I have been Sliming since then and what it seems like is my own spit is blocking my stomach.............I have had an upper GI and my ban has not slipped but it is tight as the devil..........and guess what I haven't had a fill yet! I was suppose to get one on Tuesday but since I am constantly throwing up my own spit the Doctor and I want to see what is going on with my band. This sucks I was doing so well with it too..........the doc thinks that my body may be rejecting the band causing it to become tighter and tighter! So far today I have only be able to keep down water!! Please Please say a prayer.........I really don't want to lose my Band friend but my body can't live off of Water either........I really want to cry right now....I went through so much just to get the insurance to cover the procedure only for it to last a few weeks!! I don't know what to do.........he is giving me to Monday and if I haven't eating anything by then ........then he has no choice! He thinks that maybe my esophagus is having issues as well......................

signed,

Beauty and the Band (Corny I know :thumbdown:)

How are you doing? We haven't heard back from you....what is your outcome?

I hope there has been a change and your doing better! Your in my thoughts and prayers:smile:

God bless you , I pray that the doctors know what to do for you and know that God knows whats best for you. listen to your body , it sounds like u are doing just that . take care and good luck

Sorry guys..........I have just been depressed and forgot to give you the scoop...........My band was removed on September 19th:sad:.....I was so weak from not eating for two weeks and no liquids for three days!! My doctor had no choice but to take it out..........Please continue to pray for me .........I am so numb right now...........

Sorry guys..........I have just been depressed and forgot to give you the scoop...........My band was removed on September 19th:sad:.....I was so weak from not eating for two weeks and no liquids for three days!! My doctor had no choice but to take it out..........Please continue to pray for me .........I am so numb right now...........

Oh no! I'm so sorry for you ! i can only imagine how upset you must be.

I will pray for you!!