Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone NOT need TT after losing 100lbs or more?

I am about 10lbs from goal. My lap band surgeon insists that his patients wait at least 12 months b/4 considering plastic surgery. He believes that saggy skin might tighten up within that time period.

I do have some saggy skin on the lower stomach but not too bad. I will most definitely consider a TT a year from now if my stomach is still in the shape it is now. The way I see it is; why go through everything that I have to take off this weight and have a poor body image because of the hanging tummy.

I am 52 yrs old and consider myself lucky. I have come out of this weight loss with no hanging skin on my arms or anywhere else on my body except for some on the lower tummy.

Would like some feedback from others who have similar issues.

Apples you have been banded 3 months and have already dropped 96 pounds! Man that is GREAT! I wish I could do that. What is your secret?

I dont "need" a Tummy Tuck after a 100lb weight loss.

Dont get me wrong, my stomach is not perfect and nor is my bum or thighs. There's flab and excess skin left over, but its a fairly small amount. The main problems it gives me are that if I wear pants that really fit me, sometimes I have a small muffin top. But I'm an absolute perfectionist like that and always have been. I will NEVER wear anything that gives me VPL, I would NEVER wear a bra that gave me back rolls, I will NEVER wear anything you can see underwear through unless said underwear is designed to be seen. So my "problem" muffin top to most people would not even be a problem.

I can put on a bikini and look OK. People dont fall down vomiting on the beach and nor do I grab all the attention from everyone for being the most gorgeous thing on two legs. I look like a 41 year old who has had 3 babies. There's a bit of actual wrinkled crepey skin on the bottom of my belly, that's hidden in the briefest of bikini's, my stomach does have rolls when I bend and sit, if I get into a push up position, there's a horrid drooping layer of skin down the middle that shows there really IS some loose skin there.

I have cellulite on my bum and the backs of my thighs, but thankfully, most of that is hidden inside a bikini too, but my thighs are not my best feature.

Arm wise,there's a bit of swing and droop there, but not enough that its noticeably different from anyone else.

I think you can tell that I've lost a lot of weight. But given most women my age have gotten rather fat, had a few babies and not done any exercise in about 15 or 20 years, by comparison I come off pretty well - even if I'm not perfect, I look OK for my age.

So I'm not motivated really to go and fix all those bits with expensive and painful surgery. I'm getting old faster and faster now anyway and the days of smooth perfect skin are numbered for me anyway. But I will get my boobs done, 6 years of breastfeeding, a big weight loss and saggy boobs before I even did any of that have taken their toll and I would like a great set of boobies. And I figure if they're good enough, nobody will be looking at my bum anyway!

Thanks for sharing your story, Jachut. At the beginning of this journey, and as I watched my belly melt and sag, I was almost positive that I would need a TT. Now I am thinking that I can cover most of the flaws with finding the right fit in clothes, etc.

I have had so many surgeries in the last 20 yrs that I would just as soon avoid another one if I could. I will give it all some time to see if any of the tummy skin corrects itself. I am wearing a size 8 jeans with no muffin top. I do wear tops to cover my lower tummy though. I will just give it time and will see what the future brings.

Apples you have been banded 3 months and have already dropped 96 pounds! Man that is GREAT! I wish I could do that. What is your secret?

Don't be fooled. LOL. The band isn't that great. I lost over 50 b/4 getting the band. I was extremely faithful to my 6 mo. pre-op diet.