Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seafood Stew -

Seafood Stew

3 tbl of olive oil

½ onion - diced

2 jal peppers – diced

2 gloves of fresh garlic diced– or you can use 3 tbl/4 tbl of the jar garlic

1 lb shrimp – cooked, peeled, and deveined

1 lb of cod – cut into cube pieces – you can also use any other type of whitefish.

1/2 lb of mussles – or use any other type of seafood you desire – clams would work

2 cans of petite diced tomatoes (do not drain)

1 10 oz jar of clam juice

2 cups of chicken broth

1 12 oz can of Tomato sauce

1 bunch of cilantro - chopped

2 small zucchini – or 1 large – I think I use about 2 cups – diced up

1 tsp of cumin

2 tbl of garlic salt – this is not set in stone, you may need more or less depending on your taste

1/4 to ½ tsp of red pepper – again depending on your taste - very hot

Garnish -

Radishes, diced onion, diced jal pepper, shredded cabbage, avocado, diced limes to squeeze on top, hot sauce (salsa) and more fresh cilantro - all this for garnish

In skillet sauté onion, diced peppers and garlic until tender.

In a separate pan, mix the remainder of the ingredients and bring to boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and add the sautéed onion, pepper and garlic mixture. Cover and simmer for 20 min or until fish is done.

You might wait until the end to add the garlic salt and red pepper to see how much you want to add. Do several taste test to see if seasoned to your liking.

Make an arrangement of toppings to garnish with. It is delicious to squeeze some fresh lime juice over it and add some shredded cabbage. I add all of the garnishes to mine. This is how the Spanish culture serves it. They always squeeze a lot of lime over it.

You could serve with some warm flour or corn tortillas for the family members who were not banded :embaressed_smile:

Makes about 6 - 8 servings. A 1 cup serving is about 260 calories.

Edited by Sunshine2

Made the stew for supper last night as a suprise to my Mexican husband. I used the cod, shrimp and scallops. It was divine. He was thrilled and said it tasted like his mom's!!!-which is a huge compliment to me! Where he is from they use fresh chopped lettuce in their Soups instead of cabbage so we ate it with lettuce. It was great and I was so proud...thanks for the truly authentic recipe!

I'm so glad you like it. I think it will be a regular at my house too! I actually combined a few recipes to make this one. I added in a few of my favorite spices and woolah - my own recipe.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches