Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post delicious high protein drink recipes here please

Luluc, I tried your Protein shake this morning prior to my walk. WOW! I love it...thanks! My husband liked it too. :thumbup:

that's great health - must say, i tried desertroses yesterday and LOVED it.

nice to have a change..

I did an experiment with making a Protein shake and it was a real winner.

1 scoop strawberry Champion whey (low carb)

120 cal, 1.5g fat, 3.5 carbs, 23g Protein, 3.5 Fiber

8 oz skim milk

1 individual container Fiber One strawberry yogurt (optional)

80 cal, 4g protein, 19 carbs, 5g fiber

frozen strawberries (4)

1/2 banana (optional)

It was very good and tastes like a Strawberry smoothie without the banana yet filled with protein. With the banana taste like a Strawberry/Banana smoothie. :thumbup:

Protein packed fruit smoothie/shake:

I have fruits like strawberries, raspberries, peaches, blueberries, cherries, blackberries, pineapple and mango on hand in the freezer so I use whatever sounds good that day.

1/2 cup frozen fruit

1/2 cup of skim milk

2 - 3 tablespoons of plain fat free yogurt

1 scoop of Protein Powder (I use Pure Nutrition's pure vanilla bean whey protein...1 scoop has 115 cal, 0 fat, 2 carb, 26 g protein)

It only takes 10 - 15 seconds in a magic bullet blender to blend.

You can also add honey or a sugar substitute/sweetner if you like it extra sweet. You can also use flavored yogurt if you don't like plain yogurt.

thanks for all the good recipes

i'm looking for new shake recipees too. Does the greek yogurt have less sugar than the others??????

yes - and most are zero fat as well (it's creamier/thicker than most yogurts as well)...

Hey this is great info. Someone told me it's a good idea to mix different types of Protein. I just bought a whey/soy mix. Has anyone else heard about mixing up the different Proteins?

Ok so I love my Mocha Cheesecake shake I shared above - but I wanted to work on it so I wasn't adding the extra sugar from the cafe mocha drink mix. I DID IT!!

- High Protein Slim Fast Creamy chocolate Shake

- 3.5 oz nonfat plain greek yogurt

- 1/2 tsp. instant espresso powder

- 2 packets splenda

Tastes like dessert!

25 g protein, 250 cal.

You could do the same thing to any of the other chocolate Protein Shakes and get even more protein - I just prefer the texture and taste of the slim fast shake.

That's what I am looking for too the one thread that had around 200 recipes

ok this is probeley the wrong place to ask this question,right after lap band surgery what chicken broth did u all use?should it be 1 from a special company or just bullion cubes at store?thanks for the help,i get banded oct 20th yessssssssssss

ok this is probeley the wrong place to ask this question,right after lap band surgery what chicken broth did u all use?should it be 1 from a special company or just bullion cubes at store?thanks for the help,i get banded oct 20th yessssssssssss

I used the little packets of chicken broth powder, made by Wyler's ... another option would be to go to www.unjury.com and get their Chicken Soup flavored Protein powder, that way you're getting some protein in.

Congrats on your upcoming surgery and best of luck on your Lap Band journey! :)

I used to hate, hate, hate Starbucks, even when I was on caffeine! Now, they are my hero!!! You can now (or maybe always, I don't know) order a coffee with Protein powder at Starbucks! This is what I get now:

Non-fat, Decaf, sugar free vanilla latte with protein. It is my new favorite. They have other sugar free flavors, like caramel and hazelnut. Yay Starbucks.

Thanks so much for all of your suggestions. Of the MANY worries I have over my upcoming lapband surgery (one month away!), I want to be sure to get in the necessary Protein grams. For the first month post-op, I would like to be able to find the best possible Protein Shake. You've all listed a few... but here is my question: While getting the maximum protein grams, what shakes (or shake mix) taste the best in terms of not having that "vitaminy" protein after taste? And during the first two weeks following surgery, can I mix the shake powder with 1 or 2% milk? I have a deep hatred toward skim milk and can commit to 1% at the least. Is this OK? Also, is it better to just buy the ready-to-pour shakes or the fully liquid, clear Protein Drinks? Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm really concerned with the first 4 weeks of food following surgery.