Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can still eat anything!!! not good!!!!

I was banded in June 27 and so far I had only gotten one fill. I lost 23 lbs pre-op and have not lost anything else since then!!! At first I was very careful with my food choices, I did the liquid thing to the tee, but now that I can have normal food I have been trying different foods and I can eat EVERYTHING, I mean, cake, bread, burgers, fries, all of the stuff you are not supposed to be able to eat with the band. I also feel that I can eat big quantities of stuff. Will this get better with my second fill?? If can't wait to feel restriction!!!

Hi. I was banded on 25th June 2008 and have very very little restriction. bread is the only thing I struggle with. I've already had 2 fills with no success! (going back for no.3 Monday). So I know how you feel!

The problem is I feel hungry too - well at least I think I do?? I actually think I'm craving more than I'm actually hungry!

I put on a couple of pounds a few weeks ago and it shocked me into cutting back on what I was eating. I'm by no means an expert, but it sounds like definately need another fill. In saying that - you really need to change your eating habits. I've decided that I don't want to be fat anymore and its been sheer willpower this past few weeks that has seen me through because at the moment, the band isn't doing terribly much!!!! IT IS SO HARD THOUGH!!!!

Just stick with it and, as our more experienced bansters will tell you - the band is only a tool - we need to put a lot of work in ourselves. It is difficult though, but until you can get some more restriction try your best to cut down and you will start to lose!! GOOD LUCK. xx

Edited by camjay
omitted a couple of words

I can eat most of those things too but I choose to avoid them. The band won't always keep you from eating the bad things it will only limit how much you can eat, that is, when you get to proper restriction. You have to make good food choices. If you fill up on those foods when you reach restriction, you will not be leaving room for healthy foods and that can create health problems.

I didn't get much from my first and second fills. My third fill was when I really felt restricted on how much I could eat. Although that was two weeks ago and I am starting to lose some of that restriction...not sure if I will have to call and get fill number 4 early or not.

Edited by Jodi_620

Howdy,

My name is Ty and I was also banded on 7/23/08. I have also had one fill and will be getting my next one on the 19th of this month I think. I have been doing pretty well with my weight loss so far and was wondering if you feel kinda full before you eat as much as you want. I think I could eat more but I stop before I am full. I have not eaten cake, bread, burgers, or fries yet. I guess I have been scared it would hurt or make me sick, I like you am aloud to eat the same food that my family does but i dont because they dont eat so well. I still stay with the diet plan the Doctor gave me. I eat a lot of protien, veggies and fruit. I eat my protien first, than veggies and than fruit. If I am not hungry before i get to the fruit I just stop. I dont stop when I am full but when I am not hungry any more. I have had no real bread, or nuddles yet. The only potatoes I have had is baked and than its a small one. I eat just about every 4 to 5 hours and drink Water in between. I have a 10cc band with 7cc in it as of now. I am not sure if I have restriction or not but i get full or not hungry pretty fast. I have not been banded very long so i cant really give advise but you migt have to watch your carb intact and watch or measure how much you are eatting. I have lost around 50 or so pounds so far but I am a man and probally lose a little faster. Are you walking or anything? I try to get out and walk atleast 30 minutes, 4 to 5 days a week. Lost of water seems to help me get from meal to meal. Hope I helped a little

Howdy,

My name is Ty and I was also banded on 7/23/08. I have also had one fill and will be getting my next one on the 19th of this month I think...I have a 10cc band with 7cc in it as of now.

Big Papa, you've only had one fill and you have 7cc's in your band already? I've had four fills and I only have 6.5cc's in mine. Perhaps that's why I feel no restriction!!!!!

I'm assuming there was already Fluid on your band when you had the surgery?

I'm the same, can eat anything and feel little restriction, going in for my 3rd fill. Doc says it can take 3 or 4 fills sometimes. Kinda discouraging though since my wife has had to have 2 Unfills!! At first she couldn't eat anything, so they took out part of what they put in at surgery time, then she was still having problems with blockage so they took all the fill in, shes doing fine now with just the band.

Edited by mnn2501

Do you guys still measure your food? I am just so concerned with over eating if I don't measure my foods to 1/2 cup. Are there certain foods you just can eat without measure like salads or vegies?

Chris

I don't measure so much anymore. I can pretty much eyeball my plate and tell how much I need. I use a bread plate rather than a dinner plate.

yes I recieved 5cc's during surgery and another 2cc's during my 1st. fill. My dr. is kinda agrassive with finding the sweet spot. So far not having any problams eating anything

Why are you sabotaging yourself? Burgers, fries, bread and cake ... Really!? Try what I did today .... I found one the best grocery stores in my local area for ripened fruit and veggies. I bought beautiful watermelons, cantalopes, tomatoes, cucumbers, celery, strawberries, assorted grapes, honeydew melons, blueberries, etc. Since I'm still clear liquid post op, I ran to walley's and purchased a juicer and blender. Have a ball with this stuff and trust the Creator's food choices for us. I made some really yummy things today! All very satisfying without guilt or consequence. And yes, the weight is vanishing at lightning speed. Take charge of yourself girl! I ate everyhing I thought I might miss prior to my pre-op diet. It got to the point where I would walk the grocery aisle in search for that something special .... as it turns out, the special is what I'm now doing. I WILL NOT always be large, but I'll be damned if I'm not going to be IN CHARGE! Best of Luck to you!