Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

RE: How many calories per day after Lap-Band?

My doctor told me that calories really are not important. Just to make sure to eat Proteins first and to try to stay to 3 meals. No drinking calories either.

My nutritionist told me 1200-1400 calories a day, depending on my activity level.

I have about 1200 calories a day..

So far today I've had a small peach oatmeal, cup of coffe, chili from wendy's and a small side salad with honey mustard. I'm not really sure how much that is. LOL. If I were to guess that's about... 750 calories... For dinner I'll probalby have Soup or grilled chicken with veggies...

Everyone is different in that regard. Before I was working out, I was aiming around 1,000. Once I hit the gym, I had to bump it up to 1,500 Listen to your body, and watch the scale. If your weak and tired, you need more food. If the scale is stuck for 2 weeks, you need to cut back and increase your activity. The scale is there for feedback. If your eating 1500 calories and not losing, then you need to adjust your plan. Good luck!

My doc is saying 800 calories a day. I thought that was low, especially considering his literature post surgery said 800-1200 so I thought maybe it was just me he said that to but no, at my support group last night everyone said he told them the same thing as well. I personally think 800 is too low and considering the fact that I got my second fill yesterday and still have no restriction, nearly impossible to do. I'm thinking 1,000 is reasonable so that's what I'm going to shoot for now.

I am at about 900 to 1000 max, and im walking everyday,its been almost 4 weeks and not one pound has come off! I dont think im doin anything wrong (i hope not)

My dietician at my MD's office gave me parameters for carb, Protein, and fat intake. She didn't give any calorie parameters.

Protein 60-80 mg/day

Carb 45-60 mg/day

Fat <25 mg/day

I will try for the 1200 or so. My doctors say don't count calories just go by the diet they gave me. Well I will do both. Tonight I stared on semi-solid food. I had 3 oz of chicken breast I shredded it and it was too much. I ate about 2oz and 2 tbs. of pureed butternut squash. I can't really tell if I am full, bu they said eat slow, and chew, chew, chew. And when 30 minutes pass stop. Don't eat any more.

I think 800 is very low and might put your body into starvation mode.

You know your body and know how it works.

Good Luck

I found dailyplate.com a couple weeks ago. I'm 1 month out from surgery. It's wonderful. Sometimes I think I've way over eaten and then I add it all up on there and tada I'm like at 800-900... I've lost 38lbs including preop diet. I'm happy with the big drop but I don't want to loose to fast. It says I can eat around 1400 and lose 1-2 lbs a week. So far it's working.

You also have to consider your height when you figure how many calories you need. There are many sites on the internet to help you figure out how many calories to maintain, lose, etc. some let you put in activities. A person who is five foot would need less calories than someone who is six foot tall. You really do have to consider that.