Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello,

My name is Yvonne. I do not yet have my surgery date as I am in the prelim stages. I had my medical intake and will my behavioral and nutrition intakes shortly (the 15th and 2nd, respectively). Very stoked over the whole process. So many different people have varying experiences, so any input would be welcome. Some people it seems have to be on liquid only diets for a month prior to surgery, or certain diets. What about you ladies and gentlemen? What has been your experience? If you have been on liquid only diets, what types of nutritional supplements did you take.

Any responses or just plain chatting would be great.

:tt2:

Hi Yvonne,

I'm in virtually the same spot as you...I have my psych and nutritionist's appointments coming up in the next 10 days, and I am excited about the surgery and the possibilities as well.

I've found this forum to be terrific - lots of first-hand experiences, testimony, and even troubleshooting. Because of all I've read, I know I will be ready when my operation is scheduled (I'm praying I am approved). I would love to stay in touch - we can support each other through this.

I haven't been told to do a pre-operation diet yet, but that may come - I have heard others say they didn't have to do it. I'll report in tomorrow after the support group meeting here so others will know what those are about as well.

Welcome to the sistahood!:tt2:

I will be banded this Friday.

My whole process from start until now was about two months. I had my phsyc, nutrition appt, pcp eval in the same week. Two weeks later I was approved for surgery.

I am on a two week liquid diet now that is almost over. I do take Centrum Orange chewable Vitamins and Biotin 5mg. The Biotin I put in my Protein shake.

Welcome to the boards sistas.

CurvesinCali

Hey CurvesinCali,

My PCP was the one who recommended me for the process - he had to write a letter on my behalf. Does that mean I'm further along in the process than I think I am?

It would be terrific if I could be banded before Christmas - by the schedule you reported (I know individual results may vary...LOL) I might be on the same kind of schedule.

I think the fact that I'm >100 lbs overweight, plus a type II diabetic and on medication for high blood pressure, along with my family history of heart disease and diabetes :thumbup: might make me a prime candidate for the surgery.

I pray that's true...I'd like to start my 47th year a whole lot smaller and in better health than I am now. My birthday is in February - I hope I'm banded before then!:tt2:

Wow! Amazing how fast everything went. I can hardly wait to hear how it goes for you on Friday. You will definitely be in my thoughts. I shall send you message over the weekend to check in on you. Was it suggested that you take Biotin? It is a regular supplement that I take, but I was curious. Thanks also for the heads up on the Vitamin. How many grams of Protein was it suggested that you take in?Best of success!!

Hey there Ebony Rose:

I am a February "babe" also. I will be 49, so my goal is to simply turn 50 at a healthy weight and continue with my good habits and add others along the way. Taking care of myself is prime. I know my husband is just so happy for me and supportive of my journey.

CurvesinCali, Wowwww a two month process huh, if Im not mistaken, you have Kaiser right?? And it only took two months start to finish. No 6 month pre-op diet etc??? If so Id like to say dang I wish I had your doctor :~).Did you do some double-up classes or something? Im out here in Tarzana, attending the orientation on October 20th at Panorama City Kaiser. They said that was the earliest class. I guess I otta be happy since this whole journey just started exactly one week ago.Thursday 8/28 with my PCP referral and labs done yesterday morning and they called me this afternoon with my "orientation" date. They said I want able to do my psych/nutr classes until after orient. Sorry for my whole WL process, I just wanted to say I hope Im as lucky and Blessed as you are...

Boopie

I began this process last October.

Oct. -attended seminar

nov-began six mos diet(really 7)

dec-surgeon consult

July- approved by blue cross

aug- support group and nutrition class

Jump through the hoops and get approve! Time will fly!

Thanks! I first attended a seminar in June. My appt with the doctor was August, Sept 15th w/ behavioral therapist, Oct. 3rd w/ nutritionist. I have been doing my own eating and exercise program. I have impemented some of the "techniques" I have noted. No drinking 1/2 b4 or after eating. Only 3 meals, no snacking. I have always journaled, so that is just a continuation. It has been enjoyable and enlightening. I have lost about 17 lbs, so that is another thing I feel positive about. Despite being excited and looking forward to the surgery, I also don't mind the wait...that is why I decided upon the lapband approach. It may be a smaller increment of weight loss, but I am not in a rush with myself anymore. That is truly an "ah ha" moment for me!!