Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scare Off the Pounds for Halloween Challenge

This is very hard for me - I'm coming clean here with my weight gain and actually moving my ticker, my precious ticker!, up to where I am right now. :tt2:

Linda way to go girl!!! You know years ago I was getting ready to head out to a WW meeting. I knew I had gained that week. With WW they give you a pass on weighing in if you really don't want to. You still have to pay but you don't have to face the music that week. I told my DH that I thought I would use my pass that week. He convinced me that the only person I was hurting was myself. I was trying to avoid the cold hard truth, that I had gained weight that week. I went to WW, weighed in and did have a gain, but I felt so impowered. Facing those things that you don't want to face is impowering!!! Way to go girl!!!!

Linda - it's OKAY! It's a long-term journey. Relax. You'll be fine. Be happy.

Steph Co - Holy cow. Where have you been? Welcome back. How was police academy?

LOL. I posted in my "coming out from under my rock" post. Been busy with academy. There wasn't a whole lot of time for anything but studying. But I finished it off with a 4.0, so it was worth it. Now need to get back on track and eating better. *sigh*

Name............Start........Current........Goal.......To Go

CindyG...........195...........195...........185........10

Momto1plus1......193.6.........193.6.........185........8.6

Foofy............226...........226...........216........10

Sades............185...........185...........175........10

Hollyberries.....245...........245...........235........10

Shortgal.........174...........172.4.........168.........4.5

Wnt2Lose.........195...........195...........180........15

Stephanie......182.5.........182.5...........167......15.5

Linda............183...........183...........170........13

Ok are you people going to let a bandless person beat you in this challenge or are you just not posting?

I set a small goal, but I would rather have a small success than a big defeat ( just me,no offense to those with big goals, go for it).

Where is TxArcher? And do I have to be the cheerleader, Cindy? I better see some results! Check in nymphs!

CindyG...........195...........193...........185........8

Way to go, Judy! Knew you could do it!! Maybe everyone had a slow start. I did but I can finally post a loss now.

CindyG...........195...........195...........185........10

Ok are you people going to let a bandless person beat you in this challenge or are you just not posting?

I set a small goal, but I would rather have a small success than a big defeat ( just me,no offense to those with big goals, go for it).

Where is TxArcher? And do I have to be the cheerleader, Cindy? I better see some results! Check in nymphs!

Shortgal you are so funny. My goal is exactly what I want to weigh. If I get below 185 that's great, but I would be thrilled to death to weigh that much.

Good to hear from everyone. I need the competition to keep me in check. It's tough going without a band, some days I have to fight just to maintain. I am really happy just to stay where I am until the wedding is over ( 18 days left) and then I can concentrate in Oct on the rest to get to this goal.

My walking is off track because I am nursing a wicked cold, better to have that now than at the wedding. Ny nose is bright pink!

We have half as many people on this challenge as in the past, but happy to see the ones that are here!

My confession is I still have 1.4 pounds to go to match my ticker, but I will get there!

P.S, Cindy G, you knew I meant Hollyberries when I said Cindy and the cheerleader reference, right?

Edited by shortgal

Yep, Cindy Hollyberries is our resident cheerleader. Although, I was a cheerleader in 9th grade. My outfit was so 70's - sweater and saddle shoes. The girls get to wear much cuter, if more revealing, outfits now.

I went for my fill today and I am happy to say I did NOT gain a pound since I put my new and unimproved weight on this challenge. Trust me, this is a huge deal - I gain weight like a sponge soaks up Water. I'm back to the fill level I was before I had my big puking and unfill episode. I'm going to be veeeeery careful this time not to get stuck. I'm gonna whip some of your butts in the process!!!

The cheerleader is here checking in. She hasn't been around because she has been to busy with the stores and she is in depression over the loss of her beloved Quarterback Brady.

Seriously, things have been busy and August was a whirlwind. I have a big Fall Open House this weekend at my stores and I am working like a dog to get the stores ready. I will be taking pictures of the event so I will post when the weekend is over.

Weight is has been yo-yoing up and down 5lbs. However, I am not worried about it to much because I am very happy with my progress thus far. I just want to be down to 225 by my Bandiversary. I think it is doable but no stress.

I am still doing Water aerobics at least 3x times a week. I am so freakin sore this week from missing last week entirely. I got up this morning feeling like a mack truck ran me over.

Everyone is doing great and with the fall coming I think that we will be around a little more often.

Love you guys,

Cindy

Shalee04.........180...........180...........174........06

I wasn't going to join in, But I will go ahead and try. I haven't really lost anything except 2 pounds in 4 months no matter what I do.:cool2: But I haven't gained and I have lost inches. I am on a new medication for my non working thyroid and that seems to make me feel better in most ways. I have started back to the gym and am going at least 3 times a week.

Good Luck everyone and keep up the great job.:biggrin:

Shalee - it sounds like our bodies are very similar. Mine is most comfortable in the 180's as well, and when I exercise I tend to lose inches, but not weight. In the past, that's where I quit because I'd get so frustrated with the scale not going down, even though my size did. Every so often I'd stick with it and after quite a few months I'd start losing again. I bet you'll start losing soon if your inches are going down. Hang in there!

Momto1plus1......193.6.........190.6.........185........5.6

Momto1plus1......193.6.........190.6.........185........5.6

Bandpal.................185..................185..................175............10

ok. guys - first challenge for me - I'm taking the plunge - I'm in!

- Bandpal

Nice loss, Wendy!! Great job!! :thumbup:

Thanks Cindy. My three pound loss was actually 2 weeks, plus I had a new fill. When I went in they found that my band had lost a little Fluid.< /p>