Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

100 pounds lost

Well, I've reached a major milestone for me -- 100 pounds lost. It's been a slow process for me. It's been 16 months since I was banded. I guess that's okay, since I continue to lose weight. I still could eat better and exercise more, but I am making good progress.

My next milestone is to get under 200 pounds. Then we'll concentrate on my "goal weight".

Of course, there's still the whole brain part to get over yet. I still feel 300+ pounds. I'm really hoping that changes.

Bec

WOW! HOORAY! CONGRATULATIONS! YOU'RE AWESOME!!!:lol::thumbup::smile2:

Congratulations! That is a huge milestone and you know you've worked hard for it! Great job!

WOW, BEC! CONGRATULATIONS! You have so many reasons to be proud. At least 100 by my calculations. :smile2:

Since you seem to have a lot of experience.....

does one always feel the band the whole time..????

when you bend over to pick up something off the floor, do you feel it..???....are you basically always hungrey..???....how strict is the diet after banding...???...does one have a lot of gas..i.e. burping a lot..???...does one vomit much..???...do you have small, but frequent meals durung the day..???

for the moment these are the things popping into my head.....I'm sure there will be more....:smile2:

Since you seem to have a lot of experience.....

does one always feel the band the whole time..????

when you bend over to pick up something off the floor, do you feel it..???....are you basically always hungrey..???....how strict is the diet after banding...???...does one have a lot of gas..i.e. burping a lot..???...does one vomit much..???...do you have small, but frequent meals durung the day..???

for the moment these are the things popping into my head.....I'm sure there will be more....:tt2:

I don't really even notice the band -- unless I try to eat too much, or eat something I'm not supposed to. And it's not really the band that I feel -- just a really full or uncomfortable feeling from the food.

Since the band is internal, I don't think anyone can feel it when they pick up things off the floor. Once in a while, depending on how I bend, I might feel my port against my rib (they're very close) but it's not a big problem. I can feel my port through my skin. It's just a sort of odd bump.

I'm really not hungry that often. If I select the right foods, and eat slowly and chew well, I will be full for several hours (around 4 or 5). There isn't really a "diet" per se. I try to eat healthy food -- Proteins first, then fruits and vegetables. There are certain foods that I can no longer eat (breads, Pasta, anything with flour, some dry meats...) but that varies by person.

I don't think I burp any more than in the past...not sure about others.

I don't vomit too much -- only if I eat too fast or try to eat something I can't. Vomiting too much can cause slipping of the band, so I try to avoid it as much as possible. But it does happen sometimes.

Meals a certainly small -- about 3/4 cup, depending on the texture of the food. But not really frequent. I have a Slim Fast shake for Breakfast, Soup or something similar for lunch, and a pretty normal supper (meat and a veggie). For Snacks (usually no more than 2 a day -- if I'm hungry) I usually have applesauce, watermelon, pudding cup -- something like that.

Bec

Bec,

Congrats on the 100 lbs! You and I started at the same weight and seem to have the same "goals" lol. I want to hit that 100 lbs lost then see what it's like to be 199!!!!

Fast or slow who cares it's GONE!!!! < I don't think 16 months so slow>

Congrats on a wonderful job!!!

Congratulations on your 100 lb loss - that's terrific! I'm looking forward to when I can post that as well...

I've been referred for WLS by my primary care doc, have nutritionist and psych appts in September, and hopefully I'll be banded before Christmas. I investigated the bypass, but the surgery aspect scares me since I also have a tendency to develop keloids (raised, puffy scars) like a lot of African-Americans.

I'm not up for such a drastic change to my anatomy, but the band I could definately do...I also believe that for me, the slow and steady weight loss will minimize my need for cosmetic surgery afterward (again with the keloids).

You are definately an inspiration!:lol:

Well done on your 100 pound weight loss. It's a great feeling when these milestones are reached.

Different people lose weight at different rates - 16 months is fine. Others are slowly or faster, it doesn't matter so long as it's gone!