Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Last Appt today...nearly there...

Had my pre admission nurse appt today, the final appointment before surgery on Wednesday!!:wink2: Answered the numerous questions 20 times over, explained about my non tolerance of morphine...we'll try tremedol with antinausea meds I think!

She explained about the injection in stomach or leg for anticoagulant. (I had one in ymy belly when I had my knee reconstruction OMG OUCH!! She says it is likely to be a different one that doesn't hurt like the one I've had previously:unsure:...i hope so, I'm not afraid of needles but I don't like them in my belly :cursing:) I'll suck it up though....

Had some discussion on what we'll be on during the liquid phase which is pretty much anything that will go through a thick McDONALDs straw..so pumpkin Soup (thinned with milk) or other Soups that can be thinned out or are already thin enough to go up the straw, McDonalds shakes in moderation, pretty much anything that can be fitted up that straw. She said some people had even got spaghetti bolognese that they added milk to and blended to a thin enough consistency to fit up the straw (that didn't sound to appetising to me though). So I am looking forward to some tasty food again!!:tt2: I don't care if it is liquid I just want something tasty!!

Nearly there!!! Bring on the 27th!!

That's exciting!!! My wife and I were both excited after our last appointment. We also felt more comfortable knowing we will be in good hands.

I know what you mean about the shot in the belly. I feel the same way. My wife is diabetic and takes shots in her belly several times a day but I would rather just have it in the arm. I read on a thread that some people with a BMI <40 do not need the shot b/c they are less likely to have blood clots. So I ask the PA during our visit and, of course, got a "NO, EVERYONE GETS THE SHOT." Oh, well. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that they will give it to me AFTER I'm a sleep. If not, I'll tough it out.

They told me about the shot in the belly at my pre op appointment also, but that really does not bother me. I did IVF to have my son and I use to have to give myself shots in the belly all the time. Trust me guys is hurt worse in the arm then the belly. Since we have fat on our belly it does not hurt. Don't let that be what stresses you out. I promise it is not that bad.

That is great!! I am with you I can't wait for Wednesday! I did not even think about doing pumpkin Soup, I will have to mix some up! I don't know about you but I am so excited that this will be my last weekend with no band LOL

What time is your surgery? Mine is suppose to be at 9am and they will let me know the day before what time to get there.

I have to be in at 700am (and being in Australia, it will still be Tuesday night in the US when i will be going in!!)...I am not sure of the exact time I'll get done! Iwant to go in before my dad :wink2: but I guess that will be the surgeons decision!!

I have the Tuesday off so one more day of work for me! :wink:

I think you will bet me in getting it done LOL

So is your dad really excited? I am sure it is great having someone to do it with, I tried so hard to get my brother to get it done with me.

That shot is horrible...I first got it in the arm and now 11 days later I still have the softball size bruise...They give you 3 a day...I had it 3 more times but those times in the thighs...hardly any pain.

I think that Wicked was definitely the best of McGuires books. I did the stepsister one and it was ok, but cannot drag myself into Liir.

Anyhow, had my final appt. today too. liquids only (shakes included) for Tues. and Wed. I've been doing 2 shakes and regular dinner this week...on my own, so that shouldn't be too bad. I have an 8am surgery time, but I have to stay overnight because of my apnea and general anesthesia. They like to watch the breathing with my cpap. No gastric cleansing, no icky cleanser bath, no heparin shot...yaaaayyyy!

Met a girl in the waiting area at the surgeons office who will be going the same day. I told her to come over here so, hopefully, we will see her soon!

Concerning the shot in the belly...my wife said to just relax. Do not tighten your stomach at all. When she gives her insulin shots in belly it's a lot less pain or even pain free when her stomach is relaxed.

My natural reation will be to tighten up when I see the needle. I will have to make sure I don't look.

he seems to be excited! Mum is suprised at how much energy he has at the moment!! It will be good having dad getting it too...I wish mum was but she is going to be looking after us:smile2: Though she will hopefully be being done soon too!

:tt2: You are such a recruiter Lanakila

I saw WICKED the musical here in Australia (recently opened) after hearing rave reviews when I was in New York a few years ago but didn't have time to see it there! I LOVED IT!:angry: That song is one of my favs! and I also loved 'Im not that girl' and 'Popular' :thumbup:

It is good that you've started the diet so It will be a little less of a shock to your body! I was also glad I didn't have to have the gastric cleansing!! :sad: As for the shot....I hinted that the last time I needed it the anaesthetist was nice and gave it to me under anaesthetic she said "I won't be that nice!" :tt1: I'll deal but I don't think I'll be able to help being tense!!