Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who else is on their post liquid diet and STARVING!?!?!?

I don't know how much longer I can go on this liquid diet. I get SO hungry. I am drinking everything that I'm supposed to and I do get full, but then about 30 min. later I'm starving again. I wake up at night wiht stomach pains because I'm so hungry. Yesterday, my doctor said I can start thick liquids on Friday for 1 week, then mushies for 1 week. I don't know if I can make it.

Please help?!

I ended up calling my doctor on what was supposed to be my last day of Clear Liquids cause I was so hungry I thought I'd pass out. I had been dizzy and sweaty for a day and couldn't take it so I ate some Soup and called him. He said I could move on to full liquids a day early and that potato soup made a big difference. I'm still getting hungry on the full liquids but it's just the rumbly tummy kind of hungry, not the going into a coma hungry.

Paula I feel your pain....Im on the pre op diet of slim fast and Im so hungry, my band date is Aug.22, Then I will be on a liquid diet for 2 weeks......I keep telling myself this is not forever, and I will get to eat solid food again........Hang in there.........Maybe the worst is behind you.......:)

Hang in there the time will pass fast. Remember though that with thick liquids or what I call full liquids you can have light yogurt creamy Soups, cream of wheat or Malt a Meal. When I went through this stage I did not worry about how much fat or sugar these things had in them. You actually have enough to deal with at this time without worrying about all of the other details. I lost 12 lbs during the 15 days of liquids and soft food. Eat some malt a meal right before bed and you should be fine. Good luck. Remember we are from Texas and we can do anything we put our minds too.

Wow Paula sorry to hear you are starving, I too was banded on the 14th and have not felt hungry at all. I will says I feel a little rundown Im sure from so few carbs or Protein,

Here is what I have been eating/drinking:

one little serving of Jello sugar free

Sipping a mix of Water and clear juices all day, about 80 to 90oz worth.

and three servings of chicken or beef broth.

So I guess Im lucky not be hungry, but I will say I cant wait to taste other things, when I hit the next stage.

Remember it will all be worth it so just hang in there, and drink more Water :)

Paula, I'm right there with you. I actually cheated yesterday and had cream of chicken Soup 3 days early, but I'm back to clear liquids. I would suggest taking in more Protein. Get those IDS bullets, mix half a tube with crystal light and sip it for a while. You need protein to keep you full. Yesterday, I was starving. Hence the soup. Today, I'm upping my protein and I actually feel ok....less weak also. Good luck!

I'm beyond the point of starving but remember the days all to well, mostly pre-op. Try drinking clear beef broth, eating SF popscicles and SF Jell-O. I found they really helped a lot. Hang in there, you have two more days.

FOOOOOD!!! I'm right there too. I think my hubby is tired of hearing me say "yummm that looks so good...I'm starving!" My appt is on the 26th but I still have 4 more wks of liquids. I wonder if i'll get a fill then or after the 5 weeks of liquids?! I need a fill or a cheeseburger quick! Seeing the before and after pics on this website really help me stay on track.

I believe my soreness/swelling helped me get through the liquids and full liquids phase (I just exited the full liquids 5 days ago)

Even on full liquids there were days I'd drink Water and one can of cream of something soup... No Jello, no anything else.... the appetite was gone, cramps were present.

Now I'm in the mushy food stage and am controlling just fine, and I'm a 500 lb man (actually ex 500 lbs man at this point) so getting my mind in line with my goals was very very important.

This will not fail, I won't let it...

Good luck, get your mind straight cause these battles are going to be ever present!

***raises hand*** I'm on Day 7 of post op clear liquids. Between the gas rumbling and hunger rumbling, it's like a symphony in my belly!

I've been surviving on Jello, popsicles, broth, fruit juice, and Water. I tried the IDS orange Protein bullet-yuck!! I have three other flavors to try and see if I can get one down.

I have 4 more days of this...I can't wait for Sunday when I can have an Atkins shake, sf pudding, yogurt and soup!!!!....ahhhh, that sounds heavenly!!! I just have to survive til then...........................................ugh!!

***raises hand*** I'm on Day 7 of post op Clear liquids. Between the gas rumbling and hunger rumbling, it's like a symphony in my belly!

I've been surviving on Jello, popsicles, broth, fruit juice, and Water. I tried the IDS orange Protein bullet-yuck!! I have three other flavors to try and see if I can get one down.

I have 4 more days of this...I can't wait for Sunday when I can have an Atkins shake, sf pudding, yogurt and soup!!!!....ahhhh, that sounds heavenly!!! I just have to survive til then...........................................ugh!!

Charlie, try the fruit punch bullet and mix it with some Crystal Light fruit punch and it's pretty good. I've never tried the other flavors. Good luck.

Thank you ALL for the advice! It's good to hear that I'm not the only one that is having or had trouble with starving on the post-op clear liquid diet. I've got 1 more day then on to thick liquids.

The first thing I want is some homemade potato Soup (not chunky of course). I can start eating yogurt, cream of wheat, etc.