Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Don't you just feel the obesity cloud lifting?

Hey Jazzy Junes....just wondering if the rest of you guys are feeling like I do. With each day I feel as if the "obesity cloud" is lifting and leaving my life. I was always a happy person. I felt that I could accomplish anything and overcome any adversities in my life. With each pound that I gained over the last 15 years, that happiness slowly diminished.

I cannot actually say that I was depressed, just that my happiness was taken away. Now I wake up in the morning, swing my legs over the bed and know it's going to be a good day. I even find that I sing to the radio in my truck again. There is also a certain peacefulness that has come over me.

Obesity somehow ruled my life. It affected every aspect of it. I didn't want to go to wakes, funerals, weddings because nothing fit me right and I felt that everyone was staring at my fat back. I never want to have the feeling again.

I just hope that my June 2008 friends have that feeling too?

I am there too. My body feels so much more energized now. I can go to the store and not have to lean on the basket anymore. I have more confidence. I use to stay in the house all the time because I was scared of what people were thinking about me in public. I was so huge and disgusting. Now I have 47 pounds behind me and I am beginning to get good stares now. I am more friendly and able to smile when someone says hi to me. No one ignores me anymore like I don't exist. My doctor says I am melting away. He can even see the difference in my appearance. I have gone from a size 28 pants to a 20 and there not even tight. I wasn't even a size 20 in high school. My life is so much more active and joyful. I can't wait to put all of these issues about my weight behind me.

Apples2 how did you lose 85 pounds? You were banded a week before me.

I notice that smiling thing again in my life, too. I used to hide in public. Now I feel like I'm getting back to being the old, outgoing me. Your comment about the shopping basket sounded just like me.

I lost over 50lbs b/4 getting the band. I started last November 20th. I had to go on the six month ins. required diet so I decided to start from day one eating as a banded person (or as close to it as I could).

I just love hearing that "Life is Great" statement. Especially from someone almost four years after surgery. Love your attitude, Jack!

I know that feeling of which you speak!! Though I am still considered obese, I am getting better every day. I have more energy, I am feeling more 'normal' in the sense I am not obsessing about my weight so much anymore. However, I am still leaning on the shopping cart. :) Have a bum knee, bone on bone, and sometimes it just helps. But it's not even as bad as it was and I'm not dreading going to the mall anymore or looking for the absolute closest spot to park.

Yes, Yes, YES!!! I, too, feel like the "black cloud" of obesity is slowly easing itself away from me. My brother told me last week that I sounded happier that I have in YEARS - all from a phone msg!!! WOW! I am still considered obese, but I just feel so much lighter than I did before! All this healthy eating and living - it's all for the very best life!!!!