Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need some support today!!!

I everyone I have a great need for some support today, first of all I ended the relationship with my boyfriend of 2 years. He was getting to possesive and I could not handle it any more. He didnt want me to get the surgery from the very beggining and when I started lossing weight he was getting worse, very insecure and always acussing me of cheating or always causing a scene when we went out (we went dancing every weekend). It is so hard but I just can't get my self to show any emotions over all this, my 2 children (not from him) were attached to him and that makes it even harder. To top it all off I came in to work this morning and find out that a co-worker passed away yesterday of a massive heart attack (he smoked way to much), what a way to start the week hugh!! Thank you for letting me vent, I needed to tell someone.

Tough day Esmerelda, I'm really sorry. The boyfriend break-up is always hard, especailly when the kids are involved. They will be better having you away from a bad relationship, which it sounds as if it was. Don't look back, girl. When people show you who they are (possessive, insecure, causing scenes, accusatory) believe them!!! This is not good for you or for your children. I always wonder if the guy who accuses you of, whatever, is really just doing it himself, you know? Anyway, I'm really sorry. Keep thinking about a year from now when this is all behind you and life really has moved on and changed for the better in so many ways. Chin up.

Esmeralda,

My thoughts are with you and I hope you can stay strong and move forward. Relationships are so hard and I think a lot of us on this site can relate to your situation. Some men are attacted to larger women just don't want to see us lose weight and feel better about ourselves. It seems that you have made a positive move for you and your children. Keep your head up and remember that you can now move to a place where your heart will be open for someone who truly deserves what you have to offer.

I hope things start looking up.

Take Care,

This guy was 5 years younger then me and yet he was still very issecure, he loved me way to much that it was hurting me. My ex-husband was 10 years older than me and he still wasnt mature enough to put his family first. My two boys (5 & 10) are okay because they said they don't want me to be with someone that always makes me get mad!!! Anyways I am strong but sometimes I get where I remember the few good time and it makes me cry!!! Thank you guys for the support it really helps!!

Keep your chin up break ups are hard. You have done the right thing for you and your boys. Having a man that is possesive is stifling and you are to young to settle. There are great men out there and now this gives you a time to breath and enjoy life with out have to explain your every move or be accused of cheating.

Good luck it will get better with time.

Esmerelda,

Sorry you have to go through this but these type of changes usually make life better in the long run. Just hang in there. I will remember you in my prayers.

Celeste

Esmerelda,

My heart goes out to you. I was to be banded at the end of this month, but I as well have just ended a relationship of 2 years. With all the stress of everything I have lost to much weight to now be banded. I totally understand and feel what you are going threw right now. I want you to hang in there, it will get better for you and your kids.

Tammie

It's been a couple of days, how are you feeling? I know that for me, the first few days are always the most difficult.

Whoa is me and you... I'm so sorry for your heartache. Seems the season for it. I'm trying to support my sister, who just got dumped. My best pal is hanging on a relationship thread, and tonight I had my life's biggest nervous breakdown (with my husband's name all over it) complete with foaming at the mouth and throwing things. I think I popped my band, no lie, it's throbbing after yelling so long & hard. Something's in the air maybe. Deep sigh. But we have to trust that closed doors mean open windows, right? There's hope out there, I just know there is.