Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Deep Breath!

Phew, had my first consult today with Dr Chris De Bruyne and I have to say that even though I had to wait an hour beyond my appointment time due to a delayed flight for Dr Chris, I am feeling confident and excited about being banded.

I'm booked in for 19th December for financial and practical considerations (husbands holidays so he's able to come with me, and look after me and my young son when I am post op) - woohooo Christmas is gonna come early for me :tongue_smilie:

To anyone in Dr Chris's waiting room today I was the woman with the excited baby and sorry if you noticed a lingering eau de vomit, said son threw up down my back whilst waiting:cursing:

Hiya,

Glad to hear you're excited! My surgery is on Tuesday and I wish it was tomorrow. Trying to stick to liquid this week was OK until today and I just lost it before whilst everyone was out and I was in on my own. Hope that once I've had my surgery I just won;t have a choice so that will stop me doing it. My relationship with food is so bad can't wait for it to get sorted.

Hi vixon glad you got ur date im feeling very nervous now i have flights and everything booked and have surgery this day 3wks im so nervous now its finally feeling real i havnt met dr de bruyne yet just frederik... I wonder what time of day the operation is at lol im thinking bout it too much now... What was dr chris like?

Hey you lot good luck, you wont need it dr chris is fantastic i had my band 7 july and they were great. can recomend the campanille to stay at the staff there are great and know exactlly why you are there, even have clear Soup on the menu just for bandsters.

heres to a new life.:thumbup:

Thanks everyone for well wishes and gl everyone on their first steps or their last steps and everything in between.

One more sleep & I have my initial consult tomorrow at Derby Royal Infirmary with Mr Leeder & co. I'm really excited & not at all nervous yet.

Waiting lists in Derby are currently running at approx 4 months, so if I get approved I too should be banded by Christmas. I'd really like that more than anything. Vixon & I have gone through all this almost hand in hand so far, it'd be great if we continue that right down the line. I think I'd have still got here eventually but the journey definitely wouldn't have been so comfortable without her support :mad2:

good luck hun, i have been waiting for four months to get my done, didnt think the day would ever come. Now i have less than two weeks!! Im also going to Belgium.

Wish you all the best

Hi Vixon, I've just been browsing posts and realised that we're both being banded by Dr. Chris on the same day the 19th! Are you excited yet? I alternating between real excitement and total fear. Which hotel are you stopping in, I've booked the Campanile! Good luck am absurdly please to find someone who'll be there at the same time, it makes it all seem so much more real! K

Hi Lily, wont be long now will it, I'm already planning pre-op diet.

I am also booked in at the Campanile - they really ought to pay Dr Chris commision lmao.

Look forward to seeing you.

Will you be going to Dr Chris' surgery/house the evening before? I am going at 9pm, if you are it would make sense to share taxi's and things. Feel free to pm me we can arrange something I'm sure.

Will you be travelling alone? I have my hubby to hold my hand thank god or I think I might brick it!

Hi Vixon, I've got my evening appointment at 7pm on the 18th so would be a long wait for you but we could all probably cram in a cab in the morning am guessing we'll all have to be there at the same time regardless of our position on the op list! My husband is also coming with me, originally I was going to bring my mum but am guessing that my husband will be more relaxed so its all good. What pre op diet are you planning to follow? I've got a consultation with Dr. Chris on Thurs in Manchester, I just wanted to meet him and ask all or most of my questions before flying out there. Yey it's so close now. will see you at the hotel am guessing. Bye for now. Kay:thumbup:

hi guys, am due to be banded on the 19th by Dr. Dillemans in Brugges. as you all are, am anxious, scared but cannt wait to for my new me... my hubby is very worried as well and am spending time convincing him i will be fine!! which hosp does Dr Chris operate from... anywhere near sint jans?? we could all get together... am arriving in belgium on the 18th