Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow is the big day!!

Hi Ladies,

Well tomorrow is the big day. I'm scheduled to be at the hospital at 9:30a and my surgery will start at 11:30a. I'm actually not as nervous as I was before; I’m just anxious and excited to get the procedure done. I went to my pre-op appointment Friday and there are six other people that are having surgery the same day with Dr. Benavides, I guess we are all back to back from each other. Well wish me luck and thanks for the support ya'll have gave me so far, I'll follow up with you guys afterward.

Sweetpea I know everything will go well for you tomorrow. Make sure you take the time your body needs to recover.

Hey!

I hope you're doing fine. I had mines done last Monday 8/4/08. I know the first couple of days can be pretty rough so take it very easy. I just returned back to work today. Relax and unwind. All yeah by the way I found out by laying on your side with a soft pillow in front of your tummy helped me a great deal when sleeping. GOD Bless!:)

Hi All!!

The Surgery went fine yesterday. First of all they had us go to the boonies to have the surgery; it was about an hour away from Dallas. This was the only hospital that Dr. Benavides could bring his own staff around the Dallas area.

I went into prep around 11:45a, and some on the last things I remember was the anesthesiologist putting the feel good meds in my IV and them telling me to move other to the operating table. The next thing I know I was in recovery.

Right now I’m dealing with bad gas pains, but I know it will pass. Really the only discomfort I feel from the surgery is where the port is.

Again..thank you for the prayers and support!! I appreciate it all.

I'm glad you're doing fine. Don't forget to try the pillow trick. It brings me so much comfort. GOD Bless:wink_smile:

Hey girl glad to hear your surgery went well.............today makes a week since mine and I am just starting to eat a little better than before. I still can't sleep on my side with the port yet but overall my experience was a great one!! I am here if you have questions or concerns................

Congrats Sweetpea, so happy that your surgery went well. Take it easy, soon you will be well on your way to your goal. :crying:

Hey!

I went in for my one week after surgery visit. I've lost 12lbs since last Monday 8/4/08 (surgery day) Yeah! The nurse put me on a puree diet. You know it's a new experience to put every thing in a blender and it comes out looking like something totally different. I never thought I would be eating food that looked and smell like baby food.

I'm schedule for my first fill 9/12/08. I can't wait. Oh yeah by the way he took the rest of my badages off. Which made the itching worst. He prescribed some Benadryl and Hydrocortisone Cream for my wounds. Oooh Baby! Relief! Thank You Jesus! Hang on in there ladies it can only get better:rolleyes2: