Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Roll Call...All having a Revision From Band to RNY Come on In

I am having revision from band to rny..I see the cardiac dr on the 18th to get surgery clearance and then all info will be sent in to my insurance comp. They do cover revisions :thumbup:

had band on 6/13/06..trouble all along the way but persisted cause I thought it was normal (distress, pb's etc) my esophagus dialated and it was all over!! Had emergency revision on Nov 27,2008....I am now near perfect...no problems but I have not lost much weight since the revision and don't know why...but no throwing up thank G-d!! Feel great and am happy where I am...have lost 154# and want to lose another 30 or so but not going to have a hissy over it LOL..best to you all...

Did your insurance comp give you any problems? I'm worried they will want me to do the diet and all that like when your just getting rny..my dr says no because its a revision but im still worried!! I see the cardic dr next monday...fingers crossed he clears me so we can get the ball rolling! Congrats on your weight loss!!

Hugs

Charlene

I've never had the band, but I just want to say sorry your band failed you. :whatchutalkingabout It sucks when we work so hard and our tool doesn't work. So, welcome to the RNY world. :biggrin2:

I had my band removed June 23, 2008 after it slipped. I had a great run with my band and lost nearly fifty pounds in three months, well 11 of that came of before surgery from working out at gym. Now, I am scheduled for RNY surgery on Sept. 4th and look forward to becoming a BIG LOSER. I have struggled with weight loss since my band was removed, but have not gained any. I have continued a good diet and regular exercise.

Approval was sent to me on Monday, Aug. 11, and now I can stop worrying and focus on the important stuff.

Hugs

Paula

Well I decided to come by here today, and I'm glad I did.

I was banded 3/21/07. I lost 50 lbs before surgery. After surgery I had lost another 18-20 lbs, but now have gained most of that back (the 18-20 lbs - still down the 50 I lost before surgery)

For me my issue has been my port. It has flipped on me twice, which prevents me from any exercises with stretching (including swimming)

January of 08 the surgeon went in and fixed the first flip (after telling me for MONTHS that it was normal the pain I was having)

Then I waited 8 weeks (he had said 4-6 weeks) before even attempting to exercise - then SURPRISE - the port flipped again.

Since then my surgeon was unable to fill the port without floroscopy, and I just can't afford that ($75 copay). So instead of having ANOTHER surgery to fix the port of a tool which isn't doing me any good without restriction and exercise, I have made the decision to revise to RNY.

My boss asked me to wait till after the holidays due to work being too busy at that time, so the band removal is scheduled for 1/5/09 and the RNY is scheduled for 2/24/09!!!

I'm so happy to see this thread here. I have been a member of LBT for well over a year and love it here. I had open RNY on Aug 27th. No revision. I serously thought about the band for over a year and then decided RNY was the way to go for me. So far so good. I have my drain removed on Tues. (I'll be happy to see that thing go).

I can't wait to hear everyones stories.

Thank you for starting this thread! I'm 2 yrs out of band placement. I'm happy with the band itself and my weight loss, but had to have surgery in June/08 for adhesion removal, not the band's fault, my body forms adhesions (scar tissue) around the band and causes pain. Some people are prone to developing adhesions from any type of abdominal surgery, and I'm one of the lucky ones. I had the adhesions removed, and now not even 3 months later the pain is slowly returning, which means they're growing back. I'm waiting to hear from my surgeon as to what my options are. I live in Canada and there are no private clinics for bypass, only the band. The wait for bypass in the public health care system in this country is years (5-11). My BMI is around 27 right now and I'll have to go out of country to have bypass done. Does anyone know if someone with a BMI of 27 would qualify for bypass since I already had the band and my previous BMI would have qualified me for bypass before I had the band? The thought of having to literally put all that weight back on to qualify for bypass if my band has to be removed makes me sick. Thanks for listening.

Hi Lilnena, I think you and I had the same surgeon, Dr.Singh in Albany. I had my banding on 3/14/07. I have had the very simular experiences with my band. I didn't have hardly any weightloss and my port is flipped also.I have switched Dr's due to the distance I was traveling. I think we may have messaged before, if not sorry to inconvience you. I think it's strange that we would have the same Dr and simular results. Best of luck to you. I am in the process of switching to ryn too. Hoping for insurance approval at next appointment 10/9.

Whooooooooooo Hoooooooo!! I'm approved!! Will let ya all know when my big date will be...soon I hope!!!

Hugs

Charlene

Congratulations! Let us know when you get a date!!! Will you be another SMASHING pumpkin??:embaressed_smile:

I hope so!! The insurance lady told me 10/29 but thats a wednesday and I was told my dr does surgery on monday and friday.....I'm ready to smash some pumpkins hehe...

Hugs

Charlene

Congrats on the aproval. That is what I am waiting for. I have one more Dr. visit and then the waiting begains. I haven't had any weight loss surgeries yet or any surgery for that matter and am very nervous about that, but I am so ready to do this and get slim and healthy.

Congrats on the aproval. That is what I am waiting for. I have one more Dr. visit and then the waiting begains. I haven't had any weight loss surgeries yet or any surgery for that matter and am very nervous about that, but I am so ready to do this and get slim and healthy.

Good luck! Where are you in the process?:crying: